Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

note2001

Now that is a not happy looking bunch of Disney execs.....

Happy? No, but they don't look upset either. It's Florida, looks like it just stopped pouring, and look how they're dressed in that humidity.

They probably also have more meetings ahead and their minds are thinking on that.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
"They probably also have more meetings ahead and their minds are thinking on that."

Or they are hoping no one will accost them about the BAH..... :hilarious:

Jakester

Looks like Disney caught onto people using the "take along olafs" as a fan and made them more like a fan.
image.jpg

morningstar

The lines were....exceptional. Many people were purchasing 5 of each item (which likely means a flood on Ebay coming soon). Sorry for the blur - shooting while walking!

Lol. People are acting like Frozen merch is essential supplies for a coming freak cold snap. At least the CMs will have a ready quip for when items run out. "Those are from our Frozen section, where supply and demand have a big problem."

morningstar

I'm angry because they can have a Kristoff face character, but not Hans?! In my opinion he would be a lot like Gaston face character wise.

Yeah, I'd like to see a Hans, but I can see why it's touchy. Gaston was a mild jerk at the beginning and only turns gradually more nasty. Hans was actually always a bad guy but pretending. Which Hans does the character play?

Last edited:

roj2323

I would not be surprised if this continues beyond this month.

Ice skating would make a great addition at the holidays.

From what I've been told The contract is up for the ice rink at the end of the event and the ice rink already has a commitment to be elsewhere beyond the first week of september. That said the event is indeed popular and I could fully see the event continuing at least through new years, but I think Disney may swap the rink for a larger snow play area unless they can obtain another Ice rink. Even if they get rid of both the ice rink and snow I have a feeling the store will remain open through christmas as it's hugely popular and they are selling a ridiculous amount of product through it.

Kman101

I'd say there's a good chance the store and clearly, the sing-along, will probably stick around. Both make the most sense to be extended. I would have said the ice rink but if it's indeed forced to go elsewhere after the event, would they pop for another one? I doubt it. I agree that I could see them just expanding the snow play area.

I doubt the calvacade/parade sticks around. Don't the two floats have to go back to MK for the Christmas party.

note2001

From what I've been told The contract is up for the ice rink at the end of the event and the ice rink already has a commitment to be elsewhere beyond the first week of september. That said the event is indeed popular and I could fully see the event continuing at least through new years, but I think Disney may swap the rink for a larger snow play area unless they can obtain another Ice rink. Even if they get rid of both the ice rink and snow I have a feeling the store will remain open through christmas as it's hugely popular and they are selling a ridiculous amount of product through it.

I have not seen the set up, but imagined that the ice rink is only 1/2 of the actual rink, and the snow play area was on top of the other half with a rubber mat on top to keep the kids from slipping, in order to keep the shaved ice frozen and not turning to mush. Is this not the case?

roj2323

I have not seen the set up, but imagined that the ice rink is only 1/2 of the actual rink, and the snow play area was on top of the other half with a rubber mat on top to keep the kids from slipping, in order to keep the shaved ice frozen and not turning to mush. Is this not the case?

Yes the ice rink is half size but the snow is in a completely separate area and is not on top of the rink. The rink is 50x100ft approximately.

The kids and adults are free to play on the snow as they like and the only non slip mats are on the edge of the pen. You can think of the snow play area like a giant sand box that's probably 30x30ft. The pit simply has a water proof liner with a hose coming out the back to drain the runoff backstage. The soundstage is kept fairly cold but its still comfortable in a t shirt.

StageFrenzy

Yes the ice rink is half size but the snow is in a completely separate area and is not on top of the rink. The rink is 50x100ft approximately.

The kids and adults are free to play on the snow as they like and the only non slip mats are on the edge of the pen. You can think of the snow play area like a giant sand box that's probably 30x30ft. The pit simply has a water proof liner with a hose coming out the back to drain the runoff backstage. The soundstage is kept fairly cold but its still comfortable in a t shirt.
What's the status on yellow snow?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
We purchased the 'premium' package to guarantee seats for everything (and desserts and drinks for later), so all the pre-parade, parade, and stage 'show' shots are from there. If you haven't watched the video yet, there is the procession and then a brief welcome of Anna and Elsa (all with Olaf commentary), followed by a short sing along to part of Let It Go. Pictures below are in sequence.
Pre-show

If you use #olafsummervacation, they are sharing those pictures pre-processional and also pre-fireworks tonight.

Procession

(I think this float will eventually have Olaf on it)

The event looks great, but all the scaffolding really kills any effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom