Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

cbettua

i've received word elements of this event will be extended until at least 9/28. Not sure which ones, but many of the rental equipment being used around the park has already been approved to stay at DHS until at least 9/28. Not sure if a formal announcement will be made anytime soon, just know that it's happening.
That would be cool! I hope its true

wannabeBelle

i've received word elements of this event will be extended until at least 9/28. Not sure which ones, but many of the rental equipment being used around the park has already been approved to stay at DHS until at least 9/28. Not sure if a formal announcement will be made anytime soon, just know that it's happening.
That is great news!!! Any word on the dessert parties being extended as well?? I cant see them not, if the rest of the event is being extended, but you never know!!! Thanks for all of the great info!!! Marie

asianway

How about more word on AIE?

71jason

Definitely the case-jason hinted that it may be gone in 3 weeks though. Thanks

This is just a guess on my part, but I'm not expecting Disney to make a big deal about AI closing. Variety and the other trades would jump on that as a lead for "Is AI [the TV show] done after this season?" Which even though it probably is won't endear TWDC to their corporate partner. I think it will quietly shut down, and the time table I heard gives them a week or two to remove the most obvious AI elements, so it won't look like Elsa is a contestant on the show.

wannabeBelle

This is just a guess on my part, but I'm not expecting Disney to make a big deal about AI closing. Variety and the other trades would jump on that as a lead for "Is AI [the TV show] done after this season?" Which even though it probably is won't endear TWDC to their corporate partner. I think it will quietly shut down, and the time table I heard gives them a week or two to remove the most obvious AI elements, so it won't look like Elsa is a contestant on the show.
So do we think that one of the Frozen attractions will be moved into that location? Is this location bigger than the Premiere theatre where the sing a long is being held currently? I didn't think so especially with the bleachers in the PT but I am not 100% sure on that one. Thanks for the good info!!! Marie

asianway

So do we think that one of the Frozen attractions will be moved into that location? Is this location bigger than the Premiere theatre where the sing a long is being held currently? I didn't think so especially with the bleachers in the PT but I am not 100% sure on that one. Thanks for the good info!!! Marie
Superstar seats 1000 give or take not sure on Premier

Next Big Thing

It is not a tradition dating to Walt, more dating to Eisner. Watch the Walt Disney Anthology Series and you don't see Imagineers wearing name tags. The term Cast Members did not start right away and was more a public term. Even into the 1970s there are Walt Disney World documents referencing "employees." It also makes no sense to call everyone a Cast Member. The term is supposed to be like in theater and film, but you don't see the accountants, writers, director, lighting crew, etc. listed under "Cast" on the credits.
I get your point, but once the accountant steps foot on stage, aren't they to be considered cast? Just because they have the authority to make important decisions doesn't really make a difference. The way I see it, they are just playing the lead roles, while the hourly cast is more like ensemble. Managers are would be likened to supporting roles.

That's just the way I see it though.

lazyboy97o

I get your point, but once the accountant steps foot on stage, aren't they to be considered cast? Just because they have the authority to make important decisions doesn't really make a difference. The way I see it, they are just playing the lead roles, while the hourly cast is more like ensemble. Managers are would be likened to supporting roles.

That's just the way I see it though.
How is an accountant being on stage a character in the setting? They're not, they're a contradiction that breaks down the fictional world. It would be like the accountant on a period film/play just walking through a scene.

jrh1985

Frozen is here until end of Dec based on what I saw yesterday. Its wildly popular.
Are all events getting a good response? It'd be sweet if they could keep the pyro going for a while! It's only 15 min after F! so It wouldn't have to be super late at night. Same for Oaken's ice show if we still have the rink. I'm not worried about the sing along because if anything stays, it will be that. Not sure on Royal Welcome I think Labor Day is a little early to start work on the Christmastime Parade, or is it not too early?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
https://orlando.craigslist.org/ret/4601966296.html

Ice Skating Rink Now Hiring ICE SKATE GUARDS (Disney/ MGM Studios)
Magic Ice USA is currently hiring for "The Ice Rink at Disney/MGM Studios" and is accepting applications for open ice skate guard positions. The rink is in operation from July 5th through the end of September and we are looking for qualified individuals to fill the following position:

asianway

https://orlando.craigslist.org/ret/4601966296.html

Ice Skating Rink Now Hiring ICE SKATE GUARDS (Disney/ MGM Studios)
Magic Ice USA is currently hiring for "The Ice Rink at Disney/MGM Studios" and is accepting applications for open ice skate guard positions. The rink is in operation from July 5th through the end of September and we are looking for qualified individuals to fill the following position:
Safe-D begins with this

minsmk

Please disney do NOT let the Frozen event go until October!

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Well this kinda sucks.. I hope to god it won't still be there by the first week of October (Birthday trip then..) I'm really sick and tired of Frozen and Studios happens to be my favorite park..

;A;

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

jrh, the park "closes" at 10pm & there is a 2nd Fantasmic show at 1030pm. The pyro starts when it does to fit in between the 2 fantasmic shows and coincide with the "closing" of the park.

Now usually when school starts, the schedule starts to scale back the start times in tune with the sunset. I know for a fact the pyro and stage in front of the hat will be in place until 9/28. It is possible the start times for Fantasmic and the Frozen Fireworks will be earlier by then (30 minutes earlier for example). Can't remember if they go down to 1 show a night after Labor Day or not
Any word on extension of the dessert party?? I cant imagine they are not going to, as I am sure it is crazy popular as well. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom