Forthcoming DLP refurbs for the 25th and beyond

JDL30

I know this is a long shot, but has a Phantom Manor Holiday been considered?

I suspect they've had bigger fish to fry with the general park improvements - overlays would be an extreme luxury. But who knows? Once they've got the park up to standards there might be room to do something like this.

Not sure how the holiday theme would work with the Frontierland/Western theme Phantom Manor has.

Animaniac93-98

I suspect they've had bigger fish to fry with the general park improvements - overlays would be an extreme luxury. But who knows? Once they've got the park up to standards there might be room to do something like this.

Not sure how the holiday theme would work with the Frontierland/Western theme Phantom Manor has.

I only ask because DLP does do Small World Holiday every year, and they have made Jack Skellington (and some years Sally) a part of their Halloween and Christmas promotions.

Animaniac93-98

Earlier this year scaffolding went up along the backside of ToT. Now it's come down to reveal some of the broken pieces fixed, but not all. I'm not sure why they would stop, unless there are plans to change the look of the building, or resources were needed elsewhere.

cjkeating

Earlier this year scaffolding went up along the backside of ToT. Now it's come down to reveal some of the broken pieces fixed, but not all. I'm not sure why they would stop, unless there are plans to change the look of the building, or resources were needed elsewhere.

I know they were doing tests on the best way to repair the Tower, I don't know where these works fit into that however.

cjkeating

It never made sense to me why the Tower would start falling apart after just 5 or 6 years of operation. That sounds more like poor construction than poor maintenance to me.

I'm not an expert but I believe it is something to go with French construction methods/standards differing from the US and the Tower hasn't held up to the force exerted on it as well as it should have done.

So yes, poor construction or poor design over poor maintenance.

Donald Dutch

After a yearlong refurbishment (which started in November 2015), the Rivers of the Far West around Big Thunder Mountain are being refilled again. Big Thunder Mountain and the Thunder Mesa Riverboat Landing will reopen on December 17, 2016.
Cw-1P_LXcAEYRxH.jpg

Cw-1P_PXEAAcVU5.jpg

Photos: @ED92live on Twitter.

Last edited:

JDL30

What is that slide?

when DLP first opened there was a helter skelter type slide from the top of the castle to the bottom for guests. It closed pretty soon however (probably a safety/staffing issue).

It looks to me from the refurbished photos that the slide is still closed off - you can just about make out the plaster they used over the entrance - but painted the same colour as the rest of the castle

Laurenciaa

When you guys say "soft open" does it mean the ride will be open the whole day or just that they'll be testing in a few undetermined times?
I guess they will open it in function to test the ride with the new improvements. If any thing looks like it's not just right, the attraction closes again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom