Finding Dory

WildcatDen

So, what are the chances of Dory and maybe even Jungle Book crossing the $1B mark? As of today, on BOX Office MOJO, Dory sits at $916,227,557. Seems like a far cry from the $1B, but the foreign charts show China's numbers update as of July 10 and $38M. Curious how much more it may have taken in since the 10th of July? Especially when you compare that to the China numbers for Jungle Book and Zootopia. Throw in the fact is just opened in the UK three weeks ago and has yet to open in Germany and I wonder if it is possible to squeeze out another $84M?

Jungle Book, on the other hand, still needs $45M and I do not believe it can get there without a re-release of some kind. For what it is worth, Jungle Book shows $150M in China as of June 12

Ripken10

So, what are the chances of Dory and maybe even Jungle Book crossing the $1B mark? As of today, on BOX Office MOJO, Dory sits at $916,227,557. Seems like a far cry from the $1B, but the foreign charts show China's numbers update as of July 10 and $38M. Curious how much more it may have taken in since the 10th of July? Especially when you compare that to the China numbers for Jungle Book and Zootopia. Throw in the fact is just opened in the UK three weeks ago and has yet to open in Germany and I wonder if it is possible to squeeze out another $84M?

Jungle Book, on the other hand, still needs $45M and I do not believe it can get there without a re-release of some kind. For what it is worth, Jungle Book shows $150M in China as of June 12
Jungle Book is still making money in Japan. It is still very early in Japan, but it is ahead of what Zootopia was making. Zootopia made 72 million in Japan, it doesn't need to make that much to cross $1B It will come down to Japan.

Finding Dory still has several countries that is has not opened in, and a few that are pretty big. Based on Zootopia and Finding Nemo, it looks like it will be at or just over $1B after those. But it won't open in several countries, including Germany, till September. It still is making good money in UK and some in Japan.

Finding Dory Release Dates: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277860/releaseinfo

Finding Dory Weekend Totals (especially interesting to see week totals for Japan and UK): http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&view=byweekend&wk=2016W34&id=pixar2015.htm

Finding Dory made $14 million from the UK and Japan last week. Japan (compared to other related movies) has a much longer shelf life (it doesn't see as big of drops week to week). I think it will be real close on both, but at least one should make it. My bets on both making it.

I am pretty sure Finding Dory is done in China. Jungle Book only was in China for 5 weeks. Finding Dory was at 4 weeks on july 10th.

GrumpyFan

If you still haven't seen it, make sure you stay thru ALL the credits. There's a funny bit involving Nemo's aquarium friends from Finding Nemo.

I like to read the credits, especially who the voice actors are, and when I read the names of some of the actors from the first movie had reprised their roles, I thought it odd because I didn't remember hearing them or seeing their characters, then at the very end of the credits they made their appearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom