Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
10 minutes until movie time!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
It was great! Lots of the Pixar heart you expect. Definitely a sequel that lives up to the original. Loved the new characters! The Septapus and the two whales are great.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/17/finding-dory-thursday-box-office-record

Disney’s Finding Nemo sequel reeled in $9.2 million in Thursday night previews, setting a new record for the biggest animated start in box office history. The Finding Dory Thursday gross easily surpasses the previous animated record-holders: Minions ($6.2 million), Despicable Me 2 ($4.7 million), Toy Story 3 ($4 million), and Inside Out ($3.7 million).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Finding Dory made a splash with an estimated $54.95 million from Friday showings at 4,305 theaters, in addition to the $9.2 million fromThursday night. Assuming no major upsets, projections for the film’s weekend-long gross are within the $130-$140 million range, which would grant Finding Dory the prize of biggest opening for an animated film. Shrek The Third currently holds that title after its $121.6 million debut in 2007.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Making waves at No. 1 with a whopping $136.2 million, Disney’sFinding Dory has set a new record for an opening weekend by an animated motion picture.

Exceeding expectations as it pulled in over $54 million on Friday, including $9.2 million from Thursday night previews (also a record for an animated feature), Finding Dory handily bested the previous animated weekend record holder, 2007’s Shrek the Third, by around $15 million (unadjusted for inflation).

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/weekend-box-office-finding-dory-animated-film-record

Wdw62114

Horrible movie!
No replay value, humor only to very young kids (although kids in packed theater werent even laughing). The "I have short term memory loss" bit in the first movie was funny because it wasnt said in every sentence Dory spoke like this movie. It no longer became funny but repeatative and kinda just left me thinking "geez she has a mental handicap, this isnt funny".
Couldnt connect with any of the new characters except maybe Hank a lil but would of been nice if they gave more detail as to why he hated the ocean. Dorys parents.....no emotional bond at all.
And it seemed like every 10 minutes, characters were in an impossible dilema that they had to figure out how to get past, then they amazingly do. Gets to a point where you dont even care because every 10 minutes, they manage to escape hurdles and move on leaving no "edge of your seat" moments.

And why is the movie even called Finding Dory when the movie is about Dory looking for her parents?

My rating: 3/10
3D was cool

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Finding Dory scribe talks spin-off possibilities!
http://moviehole.net/2016106536finding-dory-scribe-talks-spin-off-possibilities

If there is a second sequel to “Finding Nemo” – and judging by those huge numbers “Finding Dory” is doing it’s very likely – who would it possibly follow?

If “Dory” scribe Victoria Strouse has her way, the next film in the series would follow two from the new film.

“It would have to be Destiny” says Strouse in an interview with CreativeScreenwriting.com. “She just was so much fun, and actually pages and pages were written for her that never made the movie. Her part used to be bigger, and Kaitlin Olson was just phenomenal. She nailed her. At one point, Destiny was just a raging hypochondriac, and a whale shark that was constantly on the verge of panic was a tremendous joy to write. Bailey also used to be a lot bigger in the story. His obsession with his head size was something that was really pronounced and so fun, comedically speaking. If I could do a spinoff movie, it would be about those two because they went through a lot – they had their own side-movie going.”

The screenwriter also discussed her script for “Tinker Bell”, talking specifically about the challenges of writing the “Peter Pan” spin-off.

“The challenges I see with Tinker Bell are making her a complex character and how to make her work within a story. They have been terrific in giving me license to figure out who she is. More than anything, that has been exciting – to give complexity to a character that I think has been seen as a sidekick in many ways, like Dory. To be able to give someone a life and voice of their own is really interesting to me.”

jensenrick

Horrible movie!
No replay value, humor only to very young kids (although kids in packed theater werent even laughing). The "I have short term memory loss" bit in the first movie was funny because it wasnt said in every sentence Dory spoke like this movie. It no longer became funny but repeatative and kinda just left me thinking "geez she has a mental handicap, this isnt funny".
Couldnt connect with any of the new characters except maybe Hank a lil but would of been nice if they gave more detail as to why he hated the ocean. Dorys parents.....no emotional bond at all.
And it seemed like every 10 minutes, characters were in an impossible dilema that they had to figure out how to get past, then they amazingly do. Gets to a point where you dont even care because every 10 minutes, they manage to escape hurdles and move on leaving no "edge of your seat" moments.

And why is the movie even called Finding Dory when the movie is about Dory looking for her parents?

My rating: 3/10
3D was cool

I wouldn't have said "horrible," but other than that- totally agree. Too bad the movie couldn't have been about Hank, or even Destiny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom