Finding Dory

Bacon

Horrible movie!
No replay value, humor only to very young kids (although kids in packed theater werent even laughing). The "I have short term memory loss" bit in the first movie was funny because it wasnt said in every sentence Dory spoke like this movie. It no longer became funny but repeatative and kinda just left me thinking "geez she has a mental handicap, this isnt funny".
Couldnt connect with any of the new characters except maybe Hank a lil but would of been nice if they gave more detail as to why he hated the ocean. Dorys parents.....no emotional bond at all.
And it seemed like every 10 minutes, characters were in an impossible dilema that they had to figure out how to get past, then they amazingly do. Gets to a point where you dont even care because every 10 minutes, they manage to escape hurdles and move on leaving no "edge of your seat" moments.

And why is the movie even called Finding Dory when the movie is about Dory looking for her parents?

My rating: 3/10
3D was cool
iu

I thought it was really good as did my kids. My 3 year old did get a little antsy through the movie, but she was laughing during it as well. My 4 year old liked it a lot as did my 8 year old.

Hula Popper

Will end up more than $475 million domestically, but lagging internationally and looks like it may not cross the $1 billion mark. The way things started for Jungle Book and Finding Dory, it looked like they would be Disney's 3rd and 4th movies to cross the $1 billion mark. But with Jungle Book still needing nearly $59 million and only one release left (Japan this week), and with Finding Dory not yet crossing $400 million overseas, the Disney dream of five $1 billion movies this year doesn't look likely.

WildcatDen

True, Jungle Book may not get to $1B and Dory has been slow overseas, (I think that is part of the roll-out plan) by the end of the week, if not sooner, Disney will own the spot for the top 4 movies this year, ticket sales wise. Do not count out Jungle Book reaching the $1B mark. Zootopia did $70M in Japan. so you never know.

Flippin'Flounder

Will end up more than $475 million domestically, but lagging internationally and looks like it may not cross the $1 billion mark. The way things started for Jungle Book and Finding Dory, it looked like they would be Disney's 3rd and 4th movies to cross the $1 billion mark. But with Jungle Book still needing nearly $59 million and only one release left (Japan this week), and with Finding Dory not yet crossing $400 million overseas, the Disney dream of five $1 billion movies this year doesn't look likely.
The U.K. still has more money to make for Dory, and it's not out yet in Germany, Italy, and I think Scandanavia. Germany made over $50 million for Finding Nemo, so we'll see. It's going to beat BvS today no matter what though.

Matt_Black

And will probably end up with the top 5 slots with Rogue One. Does anyone think there's anything else that can break into the $900M club? Maybe the Harry Potter spin off?

Moana, maybe. WDAS has been on fire, and what with the popularity of the Rock and Lin Manuel Miranda, this film might do gangbusters. As far as non-Disney studios? That's a good question. I'd think the best bets would be Storks and Sing!, but who knows?

doctornick

Moana, maybe. WDAS has been on fire, and what with the popularity of the Rock and Lin Manuel Miranda, this film might do gangbusters. As far as non-Disney studios? That's a good question. I'd think the best bets would be Storks and Sing!, but who knows?

Duh, forgot about Moana which I do think might hit a high number (though it might not get to that rarified air unless it is well received; it might "only" do something like $600-700M WW). But still, it's entirely possible for Disney to have the top 6 slots in worldwide box office for 2016 if Rogue One and Moana surpass Batman v Superman and no other movie does.

Matt_Black

Duh, forgot about Moana which I do think might hit a high number (though it might not get to that rarified air unless it is well received; it might "only" do something like $600-700M WW). But still, it's entirely possible for Disney to have the top 6 slots in worldwide box office for 2016 if Rogue One and Moana surpass Batman v Superman and no other movie does.

I think Moana is going to do very well domestically. Much as Frozen got a bit of a bump from Idina Menzel and the Lopez family, I think Lin Manuel Miranda's presence is going to bring in the folks that have been raving about Hamilton.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Finding Dory Crosses the $900 Million Mark
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...sses-the-900-million-mark#sQWRywTOH3cS1Bag.99

Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory crossed the $900 million mark globally yesterday, becoming the fourth Walt Disney Studios release to reach the threshold this year. The third-highest grossing Pixar release of all time, Finding Dory has surpassed the original $871 million gross of its 2003 prequel Finding Nemo and is approaching that film’s $936 million lifetime gross.

Finding Dory opened June 17 with $135 million in the US and Canada, the biggest debut ever for an animated film and the #3 opening of 2016 overall. The film is already the #1 domestic release of the year and the #7 domestic release of all time with $476.9 million. Its international gross is $423.5 million with upcoming releases in Italy, Germany, and other territories.

Finding Dory is the 16th Disney release to reach $900 million and joins Captain America: Civil War ($1.15B), Zootopia ($1.02B) and The Jungle Book ($949M) among the studio’s 2016 releases, with the four ranking as the top four industry releases of the year worldwide.

Finding Dory picks up six months after the first movie, with Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) living a quiet life among the clown fishes. After going with Nemo on a class trip to see manta rays migrate back home, her home sickness leads the forgetful Dory on a quest to find where she came from. The film features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life, such as her parents.

Findng Nemo helmer Andrew Stanton (John Carter) returns to the directors chair for the animated film, which features the voices of Ellen DeGeneres, Albert Brooks, Ed O’Neill, Kaitlin Olson, Ty Burrell, Michael Sheen, Eugene Levy and Diane Keaton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom