Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
Happy Birthday. I hope you have a magical day.

Thank you I am having a great day

Happy Birthday! I'm so jealous because last year at this time we were at WDW celebrating my 40th birthday, and this year we are not!:( Hope you have a great day!

Thank you - I have had a great day so far!

HaPPy BiRthDay!!

Where have the last two weeks gone? They've went so fast. I'm so happy you shared your time with us and so sad to see it end. Have a great day today and get out that Gorilla thingy you use, I'd love to see more funny shots of you two. :)

I feel like I have been here forever - it's gone so slow to us - when we look back at some of our first photos it seems a life time ago but we have packed it in. I have had a great day so far - didn't take the gorilla pod out today so sorry can't share any more today - but we still have tomorrow so I may go wild - you never know :)

Happy Birthday :happy:! We probably won't cross paths today, since we are going to the Studios and Epcot...saving MK for our last day tomorrow...best wishes for a magical day!

Thanks I have had a great day so far. Will will be in MK tomorrow after we drop our bags off And will probably leave around 1.30 so you never know we could still bump into each other

Aww I miss it already, I didn't want to leave. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thanks that's the problem with going home it's always so painful but I have a date with my nephew so hopefully that will keep me smiling.

Glad you keeped with the ice cream a day, even if the weather was really cold for Florida. Congrats on winning the final challenge at TSMM, my son always beats me and he doesn't even play the first two screens. Animal Kingdom pictures were really great. Have a happy 21st birthday at Magic Kingdom. Following along.

Thanks for the Birthday greetings. And yes despite the cold the ice cream challenge continued - we are actually quite proud as a few days ago my hands were physically shaking eating one. And Chris always has next year for TSMM!

happy birthday!!! Enjoy it at the happiest place on earth! :) I am all caught up and am so proud of you trooping through your ice cream challenge with those cold temperatures! You don't get the opportunity for ice cream in disney world just any day, so make the best of it! I love your yeti hat.. I want one! They have such cute winter headgear but I always end of visiting when it's hotter than the underworld.. One day I'll get there in the cold! Love your mention of Stacey.. I took a video of her on my phone and watch it every so often.. "You're gonna get wet!"

I'm loving your report, thanks so much for sharing! Wish I was there too :(

Thanks Nicole and the ice cream challenge was hard in the cold. I hadn't given it a thought that the yeti hat wouldn't be there in summer.
And you just know you're in disney when you get Stacy on the TV. Thanks for following. :)

Happy Birthday too!!! Hope you had a lovely day and kept up the ice cream a day challenge. You mentioned the length of stay mugs - 2 of our party had dates of 27 November and 5 of us had 13 November and we decided that that was so that they could stay for the extra days.:joyfull: I also think that frozen lemonade counts! Its in a tub and you can use a spoon.;)

Have the remainder of a wonderful trip - been lovely keeping in the loop with what is going on since we got home (nearly 1 week PDD now :(), and have a safe journey back to the UK.

Thanks - and surely Disney must be paying for us to stay now our length of stay mugs are good till Dec!?

And glad you agree with me about the frozen lemonade I am counting it anyway

Thanks for following along at least you missed the coldest weather during the time you were here but it is picking back up now.

Longers

Original Poster
This is great to hear! Hope the birthday night in Disney goes as great as the day!

Ha ha! Love it. Just trying to keep up with the replies and didn't realise I had said that so many times! It must have been GREAT! Currently now packing which isn't great :(

Longers

Original Poster
Thirsday 20th November - my birthday but also our last full day before we leave.

I woke up this morning to a few cards (My mum always makes sure she collects and gives to Chris so I hve something to open)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also there was some $'s enclosed - woo hoo, money to spend...........

Longers

Original Poster
We grasped this last day and tried to hit a lot of rides early

So first Peter Pan, then the t cups (first time this trip)

image.jpg

Then I maxed out on Buzz! I Couldn't even shoot at the last bit where you get your photo taken As I had already hit the max score.

image.jpg

From here it was AstromOrbiter' again a first for this trip

image.jpg

Then pirates which didn't have a queue, so obviously we went round and rode it again.

image.jpg

From here onto the Jingle cruise (especially for Xmas) I took this picture as we learnt on our Keys to the Kingdom tour that these are Meant to be Mickey and Donald

image.jpg

I also took this one

image.jpg

LauraRose

Tucked up in bed reading this, going with the boyfriend next July and it's his first time experiencing the world!
I adore that cup was wondering what shop you bought it from? Great trip!!!

coachwnh

I can't believe its over already! It was fun following along. Im glad you enjoyed your time in Disney, and especially today! Happy Birthday once again!

Longers

Original Poster
From here we went back to Main Street shopping. A promotion started yesterday if you eat at certain food places you get a voucher for 20% off if you shop before 1pm. I wanted a few bits for friends back home and of course I had money to spend

So, Alex & Ani bracelet number 3 came along and instead of being nearly $40 had 20% knocked off so ended up $32 - a result.
At this point I was trying to justify not buying more but I settled with a Cinderellas Castle - Walt Disney World one. (But I do have another voucher to use tomorrow - so who knows)

Shopping done we had fast passes for 7DMT so off we went. We both keep wondering how many complaints they get about the seats on that ride. We are not big but we have seen some people literally squashed in!

Here's me at the entrance - mind you with all the layers I have on I do look a bit podgy or is that all the chips I've eaten?

image.jpg

From here we went to see Ariel

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then we wandered over to the Haunted Mansion
Took these photos on the way

image.jpg

image.jpg

Haunted Mansion

image.jpg

image.jpg

After HM we stopped at Columbia Harbour House for lunch - it was really busy and we both joked we needed a fast pass!

From here we went to Mickeys Philharmagic then to BTMR, and then we took the railroad back to Main Street.

Last edited:

Longers

Original Poster
Us on the train

image.jpg

And then...........

The moment you have all been waiting for

Ice cream time!!,!

And there was only 1 that I wanted today and had been looking forward to - the Mickey kitchen sink

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh my god - I am still stuffed from eating it let me tell you!
And we even left some.....

image.jpg

We then watched the parade - I do love a good parade.

And then we headed to the Carousel of progress and TTA. We then had a stroll around absorbing everything before leaving to come back to pack and check in for our flight tomorrow.

We are headed for Epcot now to see the fireworks to see out this great day.

We will still be in the world until just after lunch tomorrow but I doubt I will have the chance to update on our last day until I get back to the UK on Saturday.

I will of course update when I get home on the last day etc and I do have that video of me on EE to share along with some others so it's not goodbye just yet.

Thanks for following along and I hope up to this point you enjoyed our trip - we did

Longers

Original Poster
Tucked up in bed reading this, going with the boyfriend next July and it's his first time experiencing the world!
I adore that cup was wondering what shop you bought it from? Great trip!!!

That sounds like my bed time reading too as I read other trip reports.
Glad you are enjoying it.
If you mean the chip mug they have them in Epcot Mousegear, HS in the shop next to Beauty and the Beast show and MK in the shop next to the Gaston statue. It has been hit and miss if we've seen them so if you do and you want one buy it early.
Have a great trip in July it will be here soon.

I can't believe its over already! It was fun following along. Im glad you enjoyed your time in Disney, and especially today! Happy Birthday once again!

Nor can I. Thanks for following along and hope it helped with the Disney blues as yours have helped me!

mrdrift

What a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Of course the kitchen sink ice cream make every thing better. Following along.

LauraRose

That sounds like my bed time reading too as I read other trip reports.
Glad you are enjoying it.
If you mean the chip mug they have them in Epcot Mousegear, HS in the shop next to Beauty and the Beast show and MK in the shop next to the Gaston statue. It has been hit and miss if we've seen them so if you do and you want one buy it early.
Have a great trip in July it will be here soon.

Thank you so much, happy birthday and safe travels!

Longers

Original Poster
Happy birthday! It obviously was a fun one!

It certainly was - much better than being in the UK and at work

What a wonderful day at Magic Kingdom. Of course the kitchen sink ice cream make every thing better. Following along.

I had been looking forward to it ever sinc I arrived and already decided that was the one for my birthday

Happy Birthday and safe travels! Thanks for taking us on a trip to WDW!!!

Thank you and you are more than welcome

The mickey pants sink... I WANT THAT! :)

You must have one! And now every time I want to feel like I am back home I will be putting ice cream in it as its packed in the suitcase! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom