Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
I have spent the majority of the day going through photos. There are a few below I thought I would share that didn't get put in the trip report.
The video will take a little longer to pull together as the connector I bought whilst away only does the photos and not the video so I need to buy something differnt. Blooming technology!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

smk

Those final pictures made me miss WDW even more if that is possible! I was gutted about not going this year, I swear it will not happen to me again. I have grandkids to take now, so I can see it thru their bright eyes. I ask my two year old grandson all the time if he wants his nonna to take him to see Mickey Mouse and he says "no". I am working on that response, but then again he is two, so everything is no! Trust me, taking a year off is no fun, sounds great right after a tiring trip but when reality sets in, it totally is awful.

LisaBelle

Finally got all caught up. Loved your report and I think your passion definitely came through. I have to try the Mickey Pants Kitchen Sink! It looks so yummy and what a fun birthday treat! I will definitely watch your countdown and will gladly follow along with a trip report next year. I wrote my first trip report in July and it is a lot of work. You did a fantastic job of posting daily. Don't think I could have managed that. Looking forward to the video. Thanks so much for sharing your trip.

Longers

Original Poster
Those final pictures made me miss WDW even more if that is possible! I was gutted about not going this year, I swear it will not happen to me again. I have grandkids to take now, so I can see it thru their bright eyes. I ask my two year old grandson all the time if he wants his nonna to take him to see Mickey Mouse and he says "no". I am working on that response, but then again he is two, so everything is no! Trust me, taking a year off is no fun, sounds great right after a tiring trip but when reality sets in, it totally is awful.

I am not sure now how we would feel if we were to miss a year either. It's our escape from the dark nights and winter weather here. And we are normally there for my birthday which is also a bonus.
I am sure you can turn those grandkids around just get those Disney movies on!
I have nephews who are dying to go with me but we simply can't afford to take them. I try not to talk about it in front of them now - maybe one day they will get there.

Finally got all caught up. Loved your report and I think your passion definitely came through. I have to try the Mickey Pants Kitchen Sink! It looks so yummy and what a fun birthday treat! I will definitely watch your countdown and will gladly follow along with a trip report next year. I wrote my first trip report in July and it is a lot of work. You did a fantastic job of posting daily. Don't think I could have managed that. Looking forward to the video. Thanks so much for sharing your trip.

You have to have one of those ice creams and the good thing is to get to take it home and fill it up again.
Thank you for your kind words re my trip report it certainly did take a lot of time, especially doing live. Going to check your report out now - I think I might have read it but going to check again.
I think the video will take a bit longer than I hoped due to the connector breaking but I will get it done and posted.
Hope you are signing up for that 5K!

LisaBelle

I am not sure now how we would feel if we were to miss a year either. It's our escape from the dark nights and winter weather here. And we are normally there for my birthday which is also a bonus.
I am sure you can turn those grandkids around just get those Disney movies on!
I have nephews who are dying to go with me but we simply can't afford to take them. I try not to talk about it in front of them now - maybe one day they will get there.

You have to have one of those ice creams and the good thing is to get to take it home and fill it up again.
Thank you for your kind words re my trip report it certainly did take a lot of time, especially doing live. Going to check your report out now - I think I might have read it but going to check again.
I think the video will take a bit longer than I hoped due to the connector breaking but I will get it done and posted.
Hope you are signing up for that 5K!
My sister and I started narrowing down resort choices and plan to sign up for the Princess 5k as soon as registration opens! Can't wait. No trip to Disney til then so will have to keep reading trip reports to keep the Disney blues away.

mrdrift

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with all of us on the boards. All the pictures came out really beautiful and the report was detailed with ice cream. It's always sad to end the report because that means the vacation is over, but there is next trip. I will be watching for your next pre trip report.

Longers

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip with all of us on the boards. All the pictures came out really beautiful and the report was detailed with ice cream. It's always sad to end the report because that means the vacation is over, but there is next trip. I will be watching for your next pre trip report.
Thank you for sticking with it and yes the ice cream is something I do every year - if your on holiday you should have one every day. I took my nephew out Sat and as I was still on holiday had an ice cream (only a Mcflurry so nothing as great as what I've been used to but an ice cream all the same)
I still have video to sort but I think that might take a week as I have have to buy another connector unless I can work out how to move from SD card to laptop and then into I tunes so I can put into my app. A job for next weekend I think.
In the meantime I will be shopping later for ice cream and sauce to have an ice cream in my Mickey Pants Bowl from my birthday ice cream so I can re Live the memories just a little bit longer.......

epcotisbest

I have spent the majority of the day going through photos. There are a few below I thought I would share that didn't get put in the trip report.
The video will take a little longer to pull together as the connector I bought whilst away only does the photos and not the video so I need to buy something differnt. Blooming technology!

View attachment 74844 View attachment 74845 View attachment 74846 View attachment 74847 View attachment 74848

These are very good. Thank you for sharing.

Longers

Original Poster
We were at the MK too the 15th! Watched MSEP from Frontierland, and rode BTMRR in the dark - back row as well. My WDWmagic pin broke the first day, lol.

Be glad you didn't stick around HS. We waited over an hour for a bus back to POP at 10.

We braved that rain - stayed in the MK until just about closing. So wet and cold, but the lack of lines made it worth it.

I'm so glad this cup is back, I had it as a kid!

OMG we probably passéd each other at some point in the MK.
Hats off to you for staying out in that rain. When we left the cinema the pavements were like streams! You must have been freezing and soaked. Can't wait for that picture in your TR
The back of BTMR is certainly the best :)
Wow you waited a long time for a bus - glad I left early.

Longers

Original Poster
It's taken me 3 hours to get home from work tonight - so I am taking a proper look at my holiday photos as the other day I was just trying to download etc.
I have found some more photos I wanted to share while you wait for video!

I know everyone takes one of these but I like it!

image.jpg

Like the sky in this one

image.jpg

More to follow ........

Minnesota disney fan

Hi Longers! We were at POR while you were there too. We got their the 18th, and we looked around for you but no luck!!! Of course, it was a long shot anyway, but would have been fun. Remember, my husband and I, looking like Brat Pitt and Angelina??? lolol! I know this is way out there, but we were at Indiana Jones and one of the volunteers from the audience looked like your husband and said he was from the UK. Was it???? We had a great time, and like you, we went to the parks in the downpours with the other ducks!!! I will have a trip report when I can get my thoughts together and get some sleep! We got home the 26th. missing WDW already!

Longers

Original Poster
Hi Longers! We were at POR while you were there too. We got their the 18th, and we looked around for you but no luck!!! Of course, it was a long shot anyway, but would have been fun. Remember, my husband and I, looking like Brat Pitt and Angelina??? lolol! I know this is way out there, but we were at Indiana Jones and one of the volunteers from the audience looked like your husband and said he was from the UK. Was it???? We had a great time, and like you, we went to the parks in the downpours with the other ducks!!! I will have a trip report when I can get my thoughts together and get some sleep! We got home the 26th. missing WDW already!

Of course I remember! - We looked for Brad and Angelina but with no luck. I did think I saw someone matching the descriptions you gave Whilst at the food court one day but I looked over and smiled but didn't get approached so I didn't ask as thought if it was you and you knew what we looked like that you would have said something.
And no it wasn't my husband at Indy. Tag me in the trip report as I would love to read it. It takes a lot of time and I think mine would have been different had it not been live in terms of photos and comment etc as obviously I was on a time scale!
I have been at work for 3 days and it feels like forever!

Longers

Original Poster
Your trip update was awesome! I love the Mickey Kitchen Sink....I will need to ear-mark this post so I remember where to get it! The kids will love it~
324 days to go...........

Ahhh - thank you so much for these comments. We had an awesome trip and it was great having our "friends" along with us.
Our Mickey kitchen sink was $14.99 but we still have it to refill! We just had to clean it and carry It the rest of the day but the staff at the emporium gave me a carrier bag to Help out.
It's great you have a trip to look forward to, you will have to start a "wish" list - we got everything on ours done and have already started one for our Nov trip next year.
Thanks again

HouCuseChickie

OK...I am absolutely stuffed right now, and yet for some crazy reason...I WANT ICE CREAM!!! :D That last one of Mickey's Kitchen Sink really got me.

I saw your thoughts on posting live vs. doing a report afterwards. I think there are pros and cons to both and no right or wrong way to do any of it. You just have to do what's best for you. I mean, I know some people really enjoy bringing everyone along for the ride while the trip is in progress and others find it therapeutic to retell their trip story after said trip is over.

Either way, while we had some overlap in dates, you definitely had the nice long trip to WDW I would have liked -JEALOUS! ;) Thanks for sharing with us!!! Great TR! :happy:

Longers

Original Poster
OK...I am absolutely stuffed right now, and yet for some crazy reason...I WANT ICE CREAM!!! :D That last one of Mickey's Kitchen Sink really got me.

I saw your thoughts on posting live vs. doing a report afterwards. I think there are pros and cons to both and no right or wrong way to do any of it. You just have to do what's best for you. I mean, I know some people really enjoy bringing everyone along for the ride while the trip is in progress and others find it therapeutic to retell their trip story after said trip is over.

Either way, while we had some overlap in dates, you definitely had the nice long trip to WDW I would have liked -JEALOUS! ;) Thanks for sharing with us!!! Great TR! :happy:

I am soooooo having ice cream in that kitchen sink this weekend as I have Disney blues.

I agree re the trip reporting it was great having others along live but I think I hadn't quite realised how much time was needed to do it.

It was a nice long trip but it is my only one for the year so I have to make the most if it. I see you have another trip already organised!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom