Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
DH has promised me a deposit on our October trip after the first of the year, so I am trying to be patient. He is just as upset as I was this year when for the first time in years we did not go to WDW in the fall, or at all. He likes to tell everyone we go every year because I love it so much, however, he loves it too and uses me as his excuse. I am totally fine with that, if he wants it that way I can cover him. All I know is when we get in our car and we are headed to the world he is one happy person! It is our happy place too, no outside toils and trouble bother us, we can turn off the phones and relax!
Sounds like my husband - he says he does it for me but he is the one who takes the lead and books it every year!

Longers

Original Poster
Wednesday 19th November

Today it was cold again when we woke up - definitely another day of layers.

We decided to do a quick wash before heading out (as that would be one less to do when we get home - and we don't have a tumble drier so the less we have to do the better) this might also give the weather time to warm up a bit - wishful thinking?

I sneaked down to the laundry with my night shirt still in and a jumper over the top with my jeans on - I hadn't even cleaned my teeth or gone in the shower - there were people there but I just threw the washing in the washer and headed back to the room to get ready.

Chris went to get coffee at the food court and to get our length of stay mugs sorted - as we had come for 16 days they were showing as expiring today and we still have 2 days left. They changed them no problem and in fact updated them until 3rd December - maybe they are going to let us stay??.?..

By 10am we were parking in Epcot and we're ready for our day.

We hit the single ride line at TT - we hadn't designed a car as the single line doesn't let you do that but both our bands remembered the cars we have previously designed which was pretty cool.

We then did the seas with Nemo - I like trying to find the big turtle - missed him today though. We then took a leisurely stroll around just taking everything in.

We walked towards the international gateway and jumped on a friendship boat to Hollywood Studios. I managed to get a fast pass last night for TTSM so we were going to spend a few hours there before heading back to Epcot.

As we were walking into HS I remembered I hadn't taken a picture of the grass! Yes I did say grass. It's one of those things I notice it's so thick and nothing like we have at home - it's just one of those little things that reminds me of Disney (weird I know!)

image.jpg

We took one last picture of the Hat before it goes. I've never been that fond of it as I remember the first time we visited it was just the GMR you saw. I see that a demolition request has been filed today and the captain on the friendship boat said demolition starts 10th Jan (don't know if that's true)

image.jpg

it was then time for ice cream - the sun had come out and it was a bit warmer so it was now or never!
Chris went for the Mickey bar and me frozen lemonade (Chris says that's not an ice cream but it comes in a tub so I say it is!)

image.jpg

We had found ourselves a nice bench to sit on and then as luck would have it the citizens of Hollywood were out.
Chris loves these guys and normally stops if he sees them. They are very funny so check them out if you see them - don't just walk past.
There is a man that does magic tricks that is really awesome who we also saw later in the day.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then we went towards TSMM
Noticed this sign that is pretty cool and I don't think I have fully appreciated in the past

image.jpg

And this green army man in the roof

image.jpg

Then the final challenge of the holiday - a win to me

image.jpg

It was then time to say goodbye to HS for this holiday.
I always feel so sad when. Have to leave - it's like saying goodbye to a good friend but. Know I will be back.
I took one last glance as the friendship boat headed back to Epcot.

Longers

Original Poster
Now those boats take ages to get from HS to Epcot as they stop at other hotels so we decided to get off at the Y&B club and walk.
We made it back to Epcot before the boat had come under the bridge.

We walked back through the International Gateway and headed to France to finish our walk around the countries

We took a few photos along the way including one of them testing the globe out for tonight's Illuminations

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We then saw these enormous donughts in America - wow now that's what you call a donught.

image.jpg

But we were headed for caramel kuche in Germany! And this is what we got - sorry I had. Bite out of mine before realising I hadn't taken a photo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

And then it was time to head back - it's been a top temperature of 61 today so not the usual weather Florida is known for. We didn't want to get cold to the bones as that's what happened yesterday and we didn't sleep well last night.
With only a couple of sheets on the beds now when it's cold you can't get warm - we had to turn the air conditioning up to 70 to get to sleep last night.

So goodbye Epcot - until next time

image.jpg

Tomorrow is my birthday - my 21st ha ha!
We are spending the day in Magic Kingdom - where else would I be?

One thing is for sure everyone at home will know that's where I will be and I will definitely be having ice cream tomorrow!

Hopefully I will be able to update tomorrow at some point even if it's only a quick update for you all. The weather forecast is 68 so still warmer than I would be back home and I intend to have fun and go out with a bang :)

Longers

Original Poster
Looks like a great day in spite of the weather. Happy birthday!

Thanks Coach - we did have a great day and normally when you get this close to going home the days go fast but it's gone quite slow today but we have taken it quite easy today and we know things are going to be packed in tomorrow!

Ariel1986

Yes the grass!! I know exactly what you mean- Florida grass :D We think that too every time. Thanks for the pic it made me imagine stepping in it and feeling like I'm in Florida again.

Have a great day in MK! And happy birthday!! :)

Longers

Original Poster
Yes the grass!! I know exactly what you mean- Florida grass :D We think that too every time. Thanks for the pic it made me imagine stepping in it and feeling like I'm in Florida again.

Have a great day in MK! And happy birthday!! :)

Funny how things totally un related to Disney can still make you smile and tell you that you are home!
And thanks for the Happy Birthday - I know this will be a fun day. Like all the others!

Happy Happy birthday!!!

And funny about you mentioning the grass... we thought it was fake grass :)

Thank you - I just love the grass (strange I know!)

TheMouseFan

Happy Birthday! I'm so jealous because last year at this time we were at WDW celebrating my 40th birthday, and this year we are not!:( Hope you have a great day!

Zipadeelady

HaPPy BiRthDay!!

Where have the last two weeks gone? They've went so fast. I'm so happy you shared your time with us and so sad to see it end. Have a great day today and get out that Gorilla thingy you use, I'd love to see more funny shots of you two. :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Happy Birthday :happy:! We probably won't cross paths today, since we are going to the Studios and Epcot...saving MK for our last day tomorrow...best wishes for a magical day!

mrdrift

Glad you keeped with the ice cream a day, even if the weather was really cold for Florida. Congrats on winning the final challenge at TSMM, my son always beats me and he doesn't even play the first two screens. Animal Kingdom pictures were really great. Have a happy 21st birthday at Magic Kingdom. Following along.

prfctlyximprct

happy birthday!!! Enjoy it at the happiest place on earth! :) I am all caught up and am so proud of you trooping through your ice cream challenge with those cold temperatures! You don't get the opportunity for ice cream in disney world just any day, so make the best of it! I love your yeti hat.. I want one! They have such cute winter headgear but I always end of visiting when it's hotter than the underworld.. One day I'll get there in the cold! Love your mention of Stacey.. I took a video of her on my phone and watch it every so often.. "You're gonna get wet!"

I'm loving your report, thanks so much for sharing! Wish I was there too :(

Tiggertoo56

Happy Birthday too!!! Hope you had a lovely day and kept up the ice cream a day challenge. You mentioned the length of stay mugs - 2 of our party had dates of 27 November and 5 of us had 13 November and we decided that that was so that they could stay for the extra days.:joyfull: I also think that frozen lemonade counts! Its in a tub and you can use a spoon.;)

Have the remainder of a wonderful trip - been lovely keeping in the loop with what is going on since we got home (nearly 1 week PDD now :(), and have a safe journey back to the UK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom