Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!! Thank you so much for tagging me in on this video. The images of you guys on the Night Bus were great! I can't wait to walk into Diagon Alley and see that Dragon. Going through the partition on Platform 9 and 3/4!! OMG! I can't wait.
Hope it didn't spoil anything for you but trust me it's so much better when you are actually there! You will love it! I am following along on your PTR so will be checking up on your training and your countdown.

LisaBelle

Hope it didn't spoil anything for you but trust me it's so much better when you are actually there! You will love it! I am following along on your PTR so will be checking up on your training and your countdown.

You didn't spoil anything! It looks amazing. You can tell that you and Chris enjoy being together and experiencing all the magic that Disney and the Wizarding World have offer. So glad you are following my PTR. Knowing that I have people checking on my progress keeps me motivated and holds me accountable so I am less likely to slack off. I am happy that you have a fall trip coming up so that I can live vicariously through you while I count down. I will be looking forward to hearing your plans and following along during your trip or after you get home.

Longers

Original Poster
You didn't spoil anything! It looks amazing. You can tell that you and Chris enjoy being together and experiencing all the magic that Disney and the Wizarding World have offer. So glad you are following my PTR. Knowing that I have people checking on my progress keeps me motivated and holds me accountable so I am less likely to slack off. I am happy that you have a fall trip coming up so that I can live vicariously through you while I count down. I will be looking forward to hearing your plans and following along during your trip or after you get home.
You are right we love it all. We have such a laugh when we are away and I absorb every little second as it has to last a year until our next trip. You will make your 5k, stick with the training plan and like you say a fair few WDW Magic members will be watching!

Minnesota disney fan

Just watched this and it brought back so many happy memories (as did re-reading your TR!):joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Also thought I spotted me and other half just after the dragon flames - but looked again and it wasn't!:( So looking forward to your next TR - whether it be just 2 of you or more.:cool:

Thanks for the HP video! We are going to Universal on our next trip in November; first time to leave wdw to go to universal, so this video really helps. I can't wait to go there!

prfctlyximprct

Trying to convince my boyfriends for an early November trip... just re read your report! Do you think I could do both water parks or would it be a waste to upgrade to that?!

Longers

Original Poster
Trying to convince my boyfriends for an early November trip... just re read your report! Do you think I could do both water parks or would it be a waste to upgrade to that?!
OMG I am soooooo excited for you.
There is only ever 1 water park open in Nov as the other always gets refurbished. So you will only get 1 in. The weather last year was fab.
Let me know if you book it I would love to meet up!

hollymc3

Wednesday 5th November
Travel day and the day I had been waiting for since Nov last year!
We woke up at 7am and quickly showered and headed to the airport. We parked the car and were on our way to the terminal.
We did some duty free shopping, got some food and then realised that our gate was due to close at 11am and it was 5 to! There was no way I was missing this flight.
My stomach was going over as we literally did the best to get to the gate before it closed. I didn't even want to contemplate the thought of not getting on that plane.
Now let me put things into perspective here, myself and my husband are early for everything - but Virgin Atlantic seem to have decided to change things as this came up on all the boards only 20 mins after they put the gate number up. This is probably to ensure they can leave on time. Good news anyway as we approached the gate there was a long queue which probably took over 30 mins to get through anyway. So panic over we were on the flight and on our way. Do. Look a wee bit freaked out!?

View attachment 72647

We arrived at Orlando 5 mins early, the queue through customs was long. But good news for us as we had travelled to Vegas already this year we were able to use some new machines at the airport that did the finger print things etc then you just go to a customs official to get your passport stamped. Luggage collected, car sorted and we are on our way home.

Through the famous sign (sorry no pictures) as it was dark, but the pixie dust still fell. I always say as you first arrive in Disney and go under the sign your worries, age, cares and inhibitions are all lifted and pixie dust falls to make you a kid again, happy, carefree and excited for the adventures and memories to come.
Just a few minutes later we were home POR.
Now the holiday really starts.
View attachment 72646
I couldn't agree more! The sign is where the magic starts. Can't wait - five days and I will be under the spell again !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom