Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

disneyfan1995

I'm very excited about this new parade!! While it'll be the end of the recycled parade I've grown up with, I'm looking forward to seeing this new parade. The Peter Pan float looks very interesting to me, so I wonder how they're going to pull that off?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Magic Kingdom's FIRST Steve Davison Parade! And if you know anything about Steve he listens to fans. Hopefully he will NOT be reusing any floats but it seems he had a hard time getting this thing to fruition as posted on his official facebook page-

"It took a while and a lot of work! The Festival of Fantasy is coming to the Magic Kingdom!"
Heres the link on facebook if anyone's interested-https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Davison-Fan-Page/159947717349286?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Very excited for this new parade! And if you too don't want any reused floats or THAT float than just message him. He usually responds with an answer. Can't wait and thank you Steve for listening!
YES FINALLY HE IS DOING SOMETHING FOR WDW! Does this mean he could be working on a new firework show for magic kingdom? :3

luv

I'm no longer impressed by any of the floats, but never thought it was a bad parade. And I really like MiSiCi.

Still, I'm eager to see the new parade...especially the bathroom float, lol.

Genie of the Lamp

What's the music for this parade going to be like? Is it going to comprise of an original soundtrack or is the music going to resemble the music from NFL and the floats (TLM, Dumbo, Pinocchio, PP, Tangled, Brave, SB). Like everyone else here, I am loving this parade they're coming up with and I love the design/concept art for the parade floats (esp. the Peter Pan float for me). Who wouldn't be excited for this new parade (at least on paper)? I like the name of the parade as well.

Edit: Here's a video of George announcing this today provided by Attractions Magazine:

(Answered my question)

GiveMeTheMusic

YES FINALLY HE IS DOING SOMETHING FOR WDW! Does this mean he could be working on a new firework show for magic kingdom? :3

I'm sure if he was given the go ahead by TDO Steve would create any number of new shows and parades for WDW - it's certainly not his desire to do so that has kept it from happening. For example, while HKDL and DLR are getting new light parades, WDW is not. The only reason is that TDO won't spend the money. That's why it took 13 years to get a new day parade at MK.

dhslxop

I haven't seen this posted anywhere, and I have no idea if Steve Davison actually updates this page, but he did post this about the glass castle when asked if it would be used:

Steve Davison Fan Page James I can promise you no glass castle.

Could be a good sign! (Thanks to the user above who provided the link to his Facebook - I was just reading around the comments)

TTA94

Soo excited! :D The floats look awesome! I am worried about budget cuts though...

Anyone think this will become a daytime AND nighttime parade? Was there not a rumor that MK would be getting a sound and lighting upgrade?

Should be interesting to see how this will work during the Christmas season and the garland on MS... Those floats look tall! We either say goodbye to the garland OR the more likely event that OUACT becomes a daily parade and not just on party nights?

DizFiz

From what I saw in the concept art it does look half way decent... it is so great to finally the MK get a new parade... I sure will be keeping my eye out to see how this all turns out.

HMF

What's the music for this parade going to be like? Is it going to comprise of an original soundtrack or is the music going to resemble the music from NFL and the floats (TLM, Dumbo, Pinocchio, PP, Tangled, Brave, SB). Like everyone else here, I am loving this parade they're coming up with and I love the design/concept art for the parade floats (esp. the Peter Pan float for me). Who wouldn't be excited for this new parade (at least on paper)? I like the name of the parade as well.

Edit: Here's a video of George announcing this today provided by Attractions Magazine:

(Answered my question)

GEORGE KALOGRIDIS LIVES!!!!!!

Tip Top Club

I have heard that one of the CADCT Floats could make it to the new Parade, but it was just posted on the Steve Davison Facebook Page that all the CADCT floats would be retired.

By the Way, I too can confirm that the Crystal Castle is being retired and will only show up for Special Events (Christmas Party). I wouldn't be surprised if the current Cinderella, Mickey, and Peter Pan floats stayed around for Special Events Either.

SpectroMan93

Hey guys, this is my first post here, but I've been a lurker from the shadows for awhile.
Since its been established that the castle float is dead and gone, I went ahead and asked Steve if any of the other floats would be reused, here's his response:
Steve Davison Fan Page The parade will continue down the same route. @Edmar - no the old MK snowglobe floats are being retired and will not be seen again.

JungleTrekFan

GEORGE KALOGRIDIS LIVES!!!!!!
Lol I actually had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kalogridis the other week when he came by the Grand Floridian Spa, he was a really nice down to earth guy.

Not sure if its been posted here yet, but, from Attractions Magazine "This parade will specifically highlight the stories of “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Dumbo,” “Pinocchio,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and the Disney●Pixar film “Brave” among others. Stay tuned to our blog as more details are released in the future.
UPDATE: The Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade will end by the end of 2013. Some of the characters in the new parade will be Ariel, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Merida, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Wendy and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs."

Since Once Upon a Christmas Time parade will become daily in early December, once the Christmas parties are over, this would create a nice time to decommission Celebrate A Dream Come True. That way MK is only day parade-less for a few slow months. I would expect Festival Of Fantasy (and SDMT) to start before spring break season starts, sooo about the 2nd or 3rd week in March or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom