Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

BrightImagine

I'm hearing that Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is going away in October, so it looks like Festival of Fantasy is going to be the only game in town as far as Disney parades go.

:(

This is the one parade in WDW that my family always makes time for. Other parades feel old, but not Jammin' Jungle. I don't know what it is about it... maybe the unique music... but if this is true I'm going to miss it so much. [and bark and growl and screech and roar!]

GiveMeTheMusic

Shall we start a pool on which WDW parks attendance will be overtaken by DCA attendance in 2013? I'll take DHS and DAK falling behind DCA, with Epcot hanging on by a thread of a few hundred thousand. o_O

How about which parks are taken over by IOA and/or USF? The 2014 numbers are going to be AWESOME.

In response to your earlier post, MJJP still holds up well. It's not up to Steve's standard, but it far outshines CADCT and CTF. I really don't think DAK can afford to lose it. It's already holding on by a thread.

djlaosc

Well if the close the AK parade in October I guess we will be leaving the park early. We only stay until 3:00 because of the parade.

Isn't that the whole reason why they delayed the 3:00 parade till 3:45? So people would stay in the park longer?

What's going to get people to do that now? They're not even going to have to wait around till 3:00 anymore...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
My current thoughts are that all the parade resources should go into MK to deliver the best parade possible. The parades at other parks have always been somewhat questionable, and forced in, particularly the DAK parade. If the resources are allocated elsewhere for improvements, I am happy to see the other park parades be removed.

WDWDad13

wow this is interesting for sure... parade ended at DHS and now possible parade ending at AK. My family always stays to watch the parades in every park and while I admit most are ho-hum (lol), it does kill a lot of time waiting for an hour to get a good spot and it takes a lot of performers to do it.

We're going in December and if no parades exist (which seems very out of the norm), I guess this would free up a lot of our time to do other things which I don't really have a problem with... knowing that the parade coming to the MK is supposed to be spectacular.

I agree with wdwmagic - if they want to put all their resources into an outstanding parade at MK I'm all for it... however I'm still questioning 2 things, what night parade will they have at the MK and will AK now become empty sooner in the afternoon now? After the parade there half (or more) b-line it to the busses and parking lot. DHS and DAK really needs some new things now to draw crowds that the parades once consumed.

I still think they could come up with new parades at both DHS and DAK though but it's starting to sound like this is a cut back and might be for good??? Does anyone know what the plans are for the other parks (parade wise) or the night parade at MK?

mm52200

I understand what people are saying about making the MK parade the best and putting all funds into it, but WDW is successful enough that they shouldn't have to close their other two parades so they can have one good parade. They have enough money that they could make three awesome brand new parades, but they're too cheap.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom