February 2016 Disney World ticket price increases and new tiered 1 day tickets

bhg469

So if I go on the first with my buddy, I should buy that ticket tonight eh? I almost want to wait just so I can ask for a manager who can do nothing.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I love how they think that you are "saving" money if you go off season but that isn't the case. It's just a premium during peak times.
It's both...because they are the same thing. For example, if you were hired to do a project for $100, with a $10 bonus if you finish within one week. That would be the same as if you were hired to do a project for $110, with a $10 penalty if you do not finish within one week. Economically equivalent.

Goofyernmost

Please, please, please get out of 1955 and into 2016. What happened back then would never happen today. For one thing this was the first "real" theme park. It had to be sold, it had to have volume to survive. You're not comparing apples to apples at all here.
It won't level out the crowds at all. Disney just makes more $
So your saying that as far as Disney is concerned there is no negative. That's a pretty hard argument to sell the the company raising the price. Kinda makes this whole bundle of concern useless doesn't it?
No, it will reach multi-day tickets next year if not some time this year. They're likely just doing this for single-day tickets now because they don't want to change too much at one time in case there is a problem. It's kind of like a test.

Look at my post above (post #24) if you'd like to know the multi-day tickets will likely work. Or as AshaNeOhma suggested, they could sell you points at a solid price, but each type of day costs a different number of points to enter on. My point is that there are plenty of ways that it could work.

Much like Magic Your Way, this is really the next evolution in ticket pricing, but without a name (yet). What could it be called? Aha, I got it. Magic Your Way +. Or MyMagicYourWay+. Cmon I know they can't resist it. But no matter what unneccesary name it's given, this is the future. It's like they have a ball of clay sitting on top of a mold, and they're pressing that clay down to fill in every corner. This pricing is here to stay.
Single Day tickets are the easiest not to screw up. Once Single Day is mastered and implications understood, other ticket forms will follow.
You are giving way to much faith in the idea that these guys are geniuses or that they want to cost themselves more money to operate a system just to make more income that they will spend to operate the system.
My guess is that buying tickets in advance will not be so simple. You will have to select what days you'll be in what park at the time of your ticket purchase.

And if you change your days, then you may be subject to paying the increase.
Of all the things that have been mentioned that would surely be the most foolish thing that they could possibly do. It would be an obvious way to send the message that they really don't want you to go there and they sure as hell don't want you to have anyway to save any money. No, I still think that if they keep the day ticket buyer lower, especially the locals, it will decrease the crowds or force them to purchase an AP. It is common knowledge that it is the single day guest are the people that spend the least amount of money in the parks. AP's are the largest part of that, but, at least they get money ahead of time that they can use to invest and even though I have never had one, much less bought one, on a payment schedule, there has to be interest (finance charges) added into that time payment system giving them income that no one even thinks about.
Wow! That surely wasn't Walt's plan!
Again... leap out of 1955. We have no way of knowing what Walt might have done in this time instead of that. He wanted to make money to do his projects. I seriously doubt he would have passed up an opportunity to capitalize on his idea and success. Yea, I know... Disney isn't a Business (I hear it over and over), it is apparently a mirage and we only imagine that it is there, guided and controlled by some divine force.

epcotisbest

All I'm saying is that its a good thing DHS has Tower of Terror, otherwise I'd be content NEVER setting foot in that trash pit ever again.

Why would you walk through a trash pit to get to one ride? Seems like big waste of time to have to commute all the way there, ride ToT then leave.

BrianV

At least until they change their minds, I hope my no-expiration tickets continue to let me in any day. I have about 20 days per family member I purchased a few years back. Practically needed to take out a new mortgage but seemed like prices never go down. We go every few years for a few days so they may last the rest of my life.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Of all the things that have been mentioned that would surely be the most foolish thing that they could possibly do. It would be an obvious way to send the message that they really don't want you to go there and they sure as hell don't want you to have anyway to save any money. No, I still think that if they keep the day ticket buyer lower, especially the locals, it will decrease the crowds or force them to purchase an AP. It is common knowledge that it is the single day guest are the people that spend the least amount of money in the parks. AP's are the largest part of that, but, at least they get money ahead of time that they can use to invest and even though I have never had one, much less bought one, on a payment schedule, there has to be interest (finance charges) added into that time payment system giving them income that no one even thinks about.

If they don't enforce the prices per day that would create a loophole. What would stop people from buying value day priced tickets then calling up changing dates to peak season dates?
They would have to subject those guest to a price adjustment.

MuteSuperstar

Please, please, please get out of 1955 and into 2016.

Yes...get with the program people. Running a publicly traded corporation is now about enriching executives above all else, while continually reducing the quality of your product and raising prices.

I'm not being sarcastic. This is how pretty much every large corporation operates now, as sad as that is. It's most definitely not just Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom