Fast & Furious to Replace Disaster

Bairstow

Let's look at the history of Universal attraction - Jaws, Earthquake, original Kong, etc were developed from the tour in Hollywood. Essentially they were the same rides, just fleshed out.

Earthquake for example. The main attraction is the same exact experience as the Hollywood Tour. But it's fleshed out into it's own solo attraction, with some add ons.

I suppose the big clue will come with Kong. If they use the same 360 movie, which i believe they will - then you can bet they will use the same video for Fast furious. Both rides will be fleshed out though.

...but NONE of those attractions you mentioned were the same as the original attractions.
I believe in every case they were designed by different teams, had different elements, and in most cases had completely different ride vehicle types.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
...but NONE of those attractions you mentioned were the same as the original attractions.
I believe in every case they were designed by different teams, had different elements, and in most cases had completely different ride vehicle types.
This will have different RVs than Hollywood (the same VDL RVs as Orlando's Kong with different theming), the film parts of the preshow will be identical to Hollywood with some additional preshow stuff. There will be a different film in the main show scene, but it will be REALLY similar to Hollywood's as it will use the same stuff shot with the actors on the green screen, but the background will be all rerendered using S.F. instead of L.A.

JT3000

This will have different RVs than Hollywood (the same VDL RVs as Orlando's Kong with different theming), the film parts of the preshow will be identical to Hollywood with some additional preshow stuff. There will be a different film in the main show scene, but it will be REALLY similar to Hollywood's as it will use the same stuff shot with the actors on the green screen, but the background will be all rerendered using S.F. instead of L.A.

Grumpy-Cat-Disappointment-Meme.jpg

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
F&F didn't end up being similar to test track because they don't want 2 like that in one park. So they saved it to entice a 3rd party partner.

EngineJoe

Yep. But there is something else coming to USF that they wanted to save that particular type of attraction for. It will be test track-ish.

image.jpg

If they are going to do Mario cart they need to invest in the Tokyo Disneyland version of Poohs honey hunt which is a trackless ride unlike the lame tracked poohs honey hunt at Magic Kingdom.

Bairstow

I cant help but think Mario Kart will require too much space ... unless they use (rolls eyes) screens.

I didn't take pictures, but last time I was leaving Fun Spot there was a group of young people arriving who were all dressed up as Mario Kart characters, or at least were each wearing a shirt with one of the characters on it.
Looking at some of their tracks, I can see why.

JT3000

It's from Screamscape, so take it with a mountain of salt shakers.

Screamscape said:
Fast & Furious: Supercharged - Confirmed - (3/12/16) I’m still hearing that Fast & Furious: Supercharged may indeed have quietly been pushed back to a 2018 opening date. Why the delay? If this is all true, it may have something to do with a demolition issue involving some kind of “backstage issue”, perhaps involving the old Disaster attraction building. As we've seen from various photo reports online at other sites, a section of the old Disaster building was still standing, while everything else all around it has been leveled. From the look of things, this section of the building is also standing VERY CLOSE to the new Hogwarts Express elevated railway. UPDATE - I’m hearing that the Disaster building section (or at least what’s visible from the park) has just been taken down, but the rumor of a backstage issue could involve other issues, perhaps underground water, gas and power lines in the area that may need to be dealt with. So far I haven’t been able to get a confirmation from the park that it has been pushed back.

Figment82

I hate how much of the Hogwarts Express you can see now that the Disastser building/Beetlejuice stage is gone. You could always see it in certain areas, but with the big expanse opened up from demolition, the sight lines are right there in your face. It really ruins the "magic" for me when I'm walking by and see the train. I'm hoping they'll put up a higher wall or something, especially if the above rumor is true and F&F is two years away.

JoeCamel

I hate how much of the Hogwarts Express you can see now that the Disastser building/Beetlejuice stage is gone. You could always see it in certain areas, but with the big expanse opened up from demolition, the sight lines are right there in your face. It really ruins the "magic" for me when I'm walking by and see the train. I'm hoping they'll put up a higher wall or something, especially if the above rumor is true and F&F is two years away.

You are allowing your eye to see beyond guest areas. Please refrain from doing so, your gaze should stop at the walls.

BTW, is the fountain back on yet?

celluloid

even Chez Alcatraz and the Jaws?!?!!? It's actually one of my favorite places to get out of the sun (or rain) and have a frosty beer :(
So technically- the ENTIRE park will be different than it was when it opened- except for E.T. I really hope with the Mario and Hello Kitty additions, E.T. doesn't get the axe.
And what's going where Twister is- I hope with the re-boot of Ghostbusters, they bring that attraction back to life.

Horror Make Up Show was an opening day attraction.

celluloid

This is not entirely true. New footage was filmed for the actors.

OliveMcFly

Walked by this weekend to take a pic of what was once a great attraction.

IMG_0132_zpspaeapjhs.jpg
The original ride made me so obsessed with earthquakes and film production thanks to the pre-show. Thank goodness for YouTube videos.
Really, all of 90s Universal made me want to study film production and I did. They shaped my future...pretty cool thing for a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom