Fast & Furious to Replace Disaster

misterID

I don't disagree, I think the Fallon ride is a head scratcher, but I understand Comcast's desire to pimp out one of the biggest TV brands out there by making it Tonight Show adjacent. I have no idea if it'll be good or not (leaning towards not), but it is what it is. If nothing else, we should get a cool 30 Rock façade which will improve the thematics of New York
I don't see it as any different than Ellen at UOE.

captainmoch

I agree and hope it's TT-style rather then simulator style. While I don't mind simulator/screen-based rides, there's one thing that the motion has never convinced me of, and that's speed and acceleration. So an F&F attraction based around that wouldn't be super interesting/convincing for me, unless they did find a way to "wow" me otherwise.

PinnySmart

Based on what I have heard the replacement for twister will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon the same way Twister is hosted by Bill Paxton and ET is hosted by Spielberg. I don't think it is necessarily a Tonight Show attraction or just a Jimmy Fallon attraction. This could be completely wrong, just what I have heard.

Bairstow

Based on what I have heard the replacement for twister will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon the same way Twister is hosted by Bill Paxton and ET is hosted by Spielberg. I don't think it is necessarily a Tonight Show attraction or just a Jimmy Fallon attraction. This could be completely wrong, just what I have heard.

That makes a little more sense, but what's the subject matter supposed to be?

I kind of wish they would rebuild the Ghostbusters attraction, what with the new movie on the horizon and all.

JoeCamel

And I really, really hope it's a TT type ride and not a simulator.

The spot where this is going in is very linear so I would expect tall screens. Gee isn't that what they did in H'wood? Set pieces followed by screen scenes? Don't know about the RV but the plot of land would work for the same sort of attraction as USH.

Bairstow

The spot where this is going in is very linear so I would expect tall screens. Gee isn't that what they did in H'wood? Set pieces followed by screen scenes? Don't know about the RV but the plot of land would work for the same sort of attraction as USH.

Unless they have the ride vehicle leave the building and zigzag all over property.
I'm holding out hope.
I mean, they did build Rip Ride RockIt.

Bairstow

That is what we are all doing.... hoping for more than a POS. :)

Something more than Vin Diesel's hilarious CGI noodle legs.

8xa5JLp.gif

misterID

Unless they have the ride vehicle leave the building and zigzag all over property.
I'm holding out hope.
I mean, they did build Rip Ride RockIt.
That plot of land is big enough for something cool, right? With the terrible, terrible, terrible (did I mention terrible?) reviews and reaction to the Hollywood version got, why would they clone it??? I'd rather keep Disaster than waste time and money on that pos.

JT3000

That plot of land is big enough for something cool, right? With the terrible, terrible, terrible (did I mention terrible?) reviews and reaction to the Hollywood version got, why would they clone it??? I'd rather keep Disaster than waste time and money on that pos.

Because it's cheaper than creating something new. Especially with Hollywood actors involved. But I would hope the current management is above that. It's something GE would definitely do though.

captainmoch

I like the idea of creating an entirely new ride system for this ride, instead of the Hollywood garbage. Mixing small spin-type rollercoasters (I don't know what they're called, but similar to Goofy's Sky School at DCA), the simulator-ish properties of the Spider-Man ride vehicles, and the car ride vehicles of Test Track. So, a track with a car vehicle held up a bit higher then usual over the track, so they can make it look like the car is actually driving on roads with the track mostly hidden. If they did this in all of the Disaster/BJ plot and utilized multiple stories, they could fit room for a decent sized track and sets to drift, swerve, and race through. So, think of it as Gringotts but with a smaller ride vehicle/sets and a more hidden track.

rioriz

I for one hope to the theme park gods the Hollywood version does not get cloned...I feel like this and the Fallon attractions add up to Disney's Frozen, Soarin Expansion ...just album filler to compliment the singles yet to be released

Mukta

I like the idea of creating an entirely new ride system for this ride, instead of the Hollywood garbage. Mixing small spin-type rollercoasters (I don't know what they're called, but similar to Goofy's Sky School at DCA), the simulator-ish properties of the Spider-Man ride vehicles, and the car ride vehicles of Test Track. So, a track with a car vehicle held up a bit higher then usual over the track, so they can make it look like the car is actually driving on roads with the track mostly hidden. If they did this in all of the Disaster/BJ plot and utilized multiple stories, they could fit room for a decent sized track and sets to drift, swerve, and race through. So, think of it as Gringotts but with a smaller ride vehicle/sets and a more hidden track.
Goofy's is a mouse coaster.

Bairstow

Aren't the Spiderman/Transformers ride vehicles already capable of doing everything you're thinking of?
The platform has always been used to whisk riders from one movie screen to the next, but theoretically it's capable of quite a bit of speed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom