Fantasyland/Mine Train aerial image update

photoflight

Original Poster
Do you have to get special clearance to fly over "Disney airspace" or is that a myth?

Mostly myth. Anyone can fly over as long as they're above 3000'. Those of us doing work below that altitude have to get waivers from the government to do it (I suspect some people have permanent or long-term waivers). Law enforcement/Dept of defense and medical emergency flights are an exception, they can go in any time.

Those restrictions technically don't even cover most of Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, the All Star resorts, or Pop Century/AOA.

Last edited:

RandySavage

I haven't decided what to do about AK but I have some ideas. I probably won't be doing any more oblique images though. Quite a few others started doing it after I did (both private and commercial) so I imagine they'll continue. No point in over duplicating things.

I'm extremely grateful for your generosity over the years. The photo quality of your aerials is in a league of its own.

I am saddened by the decision to not take oblique angles, as I find those images the most fascinating and beautiful. Of course, beggars can't be choosers, and I am happy with whatever you decide to share. Does anyone know where these other oblique Orlando aerial photos mentioned can be found?

Scuttle

Mostly myth. Anyone can fly over as long as they're above 3000'. Those of us doing work below that altitude have to get waivers from the government to do it (I suspect some people have permanent or long-term waivers). Law enforcement/Dept of defense and medical emergency flights are an exception, they can go in any time.

Those restrictions technically don't even cover most of Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, the All Star resorts, or Pop Century/AOA.
I've been given clearance to fly through below 3,000, but they always say don't loiter. Get through and get through fast is basically what ATC has always told me.

Scuttle

I'm extremely grateful for your generosity over the years. The photo quality of your aerials is in a league of its own.

I am saddened by the decision to not take oblique angles, as I find those images the most fascinating and beautiful. Of course, beggars can't be choosers, and I am happy with whatever you decide to share. Does anyone know where these other oblique Orlando aerial photos mentioned can be found?
I'd like to second this first part. @photoflight photos are most definitely in a league of their own.

estam

Thanks Scott, again a great photo.

There are still a lot of trees to be plant and pathways to build.
As long as they are finished by May I wil be happy:happy:
Funny how those holes look like moon craters

G00fyDad

Speaking as someone with zero knowledge on the subject, why is there a "deck" involved with Disney? Why 3000'? Why not 1000'?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom