Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

jt04

Yay!

I don't know why some think this is a bad idea. As long as it doesn't interfere with theming or other transport what's the problem? I have always thought such a system would be cool. I hope this leads to an automated system from WS to DHS.

Finally, how much will this cost for annual passholders????

That is the important question.

DisneyJoe

If they are going to use vans, at what point are there too many vans and you are waiting 30 minutes for a free van to arrive?

Last edited:

Bandini

Don't go to a big city then, standing on a bus or metro (subway/tube) train is normal.
But a lot of us live in areas where mass transportation is a joke, so we are not used to waiting for transportation. Also,I don't think this is going to reduce the wait times for the masses. I don't think they are going to increase the staffing they are just going to pull the bus drivers from ME and within the resort to staff this. Otherwise, they can't justify this.

Notes from Neverland

If this dilutes the already diluted regular transportation system, then they have truly given up on trying to improve guest experience in favor of a few bucks. If it's dedicated vans or something else, that's better but still annoying.

jt04

I think it likely they would contract this. So the only impact to regular service would be to make it less crowded. Until summer of 2017 anyway.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

This is actually one upcharge I'd consider paying for, not that I like the idea of upcharges. It's a way to get the most bang for my park-pass dollar, and so I consider it something with value - unlike the endless dessert parties.

DisneyJoe

Logistically - you would go to the backstage entrance, show or scan a ticket, and then be put into 1 of 3 queues depending on the park you are going to, and wait for your van? Vans will load faster than a bus.

Perhaps they could even have a dedicated handicapped accessible line...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Don't worry monetizing FP's will come soon enough, It will happen when TDO needs a big revenue bump, Why else did TDO test TSMM as FP only in 2015 the only possible reason was monetizing FP access to 'Premium' attractions. Disney no longer CARES about the 'base' ticket holder.

The cornerstone that the resort was built on. Kicked to the curb in favor of fleecing guests.

Disney has made a conscious decision (ala apple) to cater their product to the upper crust. They'll gladly take anyones money, but they'd rather take more money from people that will spend it. The only problem is that when people discover they're getting a cut rate product unlike apple (not looking for a fight) they will tend not to come back. Very self serving and short sited.

DisneyJoe

Now it is being reported that it will be a bus that will make pickups every 30 minutes...so if you just miss a bus, you will need to wait

Last edited:

GlassHalfFull

I would think p2p would have had separate loading areas inside the park previously.. would think it would drastically reduce front gate crowds on busy days, and instead of taking me 1 hour to get from American Adventure to Space Mountain.. this may only take 15 minutes.. increased park time would be a win win for all, since as I sit at bus stop or on bus(prior to parking lot whole fruit stands), or walk to gate I am NOT buying anything in park, nor is my trip very magical.

Bandini

I think this is another way for Disney to try to drive guests into Epcot, AK, and DHS. I am seeing a lot of posts where people are saying that these parks are 1/2 days. So I wonder if park hopper sales are down. I think it's safe to assume that most people who visit are going to the MK, but where else are they going? Are they staying on property?
Yup, all of the upsells look like acts of desperation....and it all started with the POS known as MDE

skyphotographer

I may be in the minority here but I like the idea. Getting from park to park in 30 minutes or less, not having to deal with bag check or security again, less walking, and at a reasonable price. If they really wanted to make me happy though, the fee should be included with a park hopper ticket or annual pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom