Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

drizgirl

the ability to skip security at the second park, and less walking = time saving would be the benefits
They need to be careful. That almost makes it seem like they are going to profit from the recent need for more security.

MK definitely needs more attractions, preferably people eater attractions

fantasy land while cool, wasn't a net increase in attraction capacity

they really need to lower the maximum capacity numbers for the parks, as the parks are way way way too crowded most days
Yet every time they open something, they seem to close other things.

I'll go so far as to say I think the addition of New Fantasyland was all about them being able to INCREASE park capacity, without much additional attraction capacity. You see, attractions require upkeep. And lots of labor costs to keep open.

mm121

They need to be careful. That almost makes it seem like they are going to profit from the recent need for more security.

Yet every time they open something, they seem to close other things.

I'll go so far as to say I think the addition of New Fantasyland was all about them being able to INCREASE park capacity, without much additional attraction capacity. You see, attractions require upkeep. And lots of labor costs to keep open.
agreed, it added "land space" for people to stand around a "wait" for their ride time, without actually adding attraction capacity

its just insane that rides have hour and two hour and sometimes 3 plus hour waits on a regular basis
that means they are letting way too many people into the ark

drizgirl

agreed, it added "land space" for people to stand around a "wait" for their ride time, without actually adding attraction capacity

its just insane that rides have hour and two hour and sometimes 3 plus hour waits on a regular basis
that means they are letting way too many people into the ark

And to the Disney management, it is seen as a win, with resources being used to their fullest capacity.

I knew we were in trouble here when reports came out saying one of the suits (maybe Staggs?) had visited the parks and remarked at how some of the attractions with short lines needed to be better utilized. His goal was to fill those lines. Unfortunately, it never occurred to him that would put him at cross purposes with a positive guest experience.

emcclay

#1 I'm trying to think of how backstage areas will make this express.. #2 I can't see them having guests backstage and entering a park without a bag check. Anyone could come on property and deliver something to a guest without having to step foot in a bag check line. If there is truly no security check, I'm not sure how well that will fly.

drizgirl

#1 I'm trying to think of how backstage areas will make this express.. #2 I can't see them having guests backstage and entering a park without a bag check. Anyone could come on property and deliver something to a guest without having to step foot in a bag check line. If there is truly no security check, I'm not sure how well that will fly.

But presumably those guests would have already been through bag check at their first park of the day.

drizgirl

I honestly think the price is too low for this, and will result in long lines backstage.
I'm not joking. Regular visitors know you sometimes have to wait quite long for a bus (or a boat) and $15 probably sounds like a pretty good deal to many.

I agree. They need a price point where this will stay semi-exclusive. And with the hassle involved in transportation, this is too low. They run the risk that if it's too popular, demand will be too high to keep it efficient.

ryguy

After my last experience a few weekends back I can see why they are offering this service. Waiting 45 minutes at 12:30 at night freezing my toosh off. I thought they were implementing a new system to reroute buses to new routes which had long lines. All the other hotels seemed to have reasonable lines but Art was a mess. It took 3 full buses for our family to get on. Then your packed like sardines. How is that even allowed? 40 people (many children) standing in the aisle has to be one of the most unsafe things I have ever seen. Disney has been lucky that this hasn't come back to haunt them. It's coming, just a matter of when. Needless to say I will be using my car from now on, every time I think riding the bus might be fun and different I rue the decision.

drizgirl

After my last experience a few weekends back I can see why they are offering this service. Waiting 45 minutes at 12:30 at night freezing my toosh off. I thought they were implementing a new system to reroute buses to new routes which had long lines. All the other hotels seemed to have reasonable lines but Art was a mess. It took 3 full buses for our family to get on. Then your packed like sardines. How is that even allowed? 40 people (many children) standing in the aisle has to be one of the most unsafe things I have ever seen. Disney has been lucky that this hasn't come back to haunt them. It's coming, just a matter of when. Needless to say I will be using my car from now on, every time I think riding the bus might be fun and different I rue the decision.

How does this help your 12:30 at night problem?

Jon81uk

They would go through bag check at the first park. From then in its no difference to a normal day. If you are worried about a CM handing something to a guest, whats to stop that happening on-stage with the current arrangements? In fact the guests boarding the bus backstage are probably being watched more closely than an outdoor vending cart CM would be in general. CM could hide something under the ice and get it on stage I guess.

Basically worry about security, but this new offering doesn't make the park less secure.

Jon81uk

Don't go to a big city then, standing on a bus or metro (subway/tube) train is normal.

drizgirl

Another site is reporting that they will be using vans, not buses for this

That's what I assumed when I first saw the story. But if they price it too low and too many people take advantage, they might have to re-evaluate. Although, I'm guessing they would "fix" that problem by raising the price instead of increasing capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom