1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Express Transportation starting Dec 7th

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by imkrazy182, Dec 2, 2016.

1. imkrazy182

imkrazy182 Member

Beginning Dec 7th, Park hopper tickets can add-on Express Transportation to take them via bus park to park using backstage locations. It will be $15 for the day or if multi-day ticket $24, per person. Runs 10am to park close.

Tony the Tigger and David2319 like this.
  2. Nemo14

Nemo14 Well-Known Member

If they could only figure out a way to charge for the air that we breathe....

MinnieM123, JAG107, ElreTigo and 49 others like this.
  3. jpeden

jpeden Well-Known Member

This has got to be a joke.

Sonconato likes this.
  4. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

5. PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum Well-Known Member

6. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

What the actual is going on? Will there soon be a $15/day surcharge for clean toilets? The rest of us rabble gets outhouses?

No mention of options for AP holders.

7. Jon81uk

Jon81uk Well-Known Member

I assume part of the speed will be removing the need to go back through security. By going backstage to backstage you won't need a second bag check. I do assume they will need to re-scan bands/tickets just to show the correct count for capacity at the second park.

8. Virtual Toad

Virtual Toad Well-Known Member

C'mon, who wouldn't enjoy paying extra $$$ for magical transportation service through backstage areas?

I'm kind of surprised they didn't relegate the riff-raff to the backstage areas and charge a fee to those who wish to ride the busses on the nicely-landscaped main thoroughfares.

It's a great time to be a Disney fan. May the wonders of modern imagina-- oops, I mean shameless opportunistic profit-seeking-- never cease.

EDIT: Jon81uk's comment above about avoiding a second security check is probably (sadly) spot on. Expect a whole new profit center built around paying to avoid standing in security lines with the unwashed, suspect masses.

9. doggylover4ever

doggylover4ever Member

Disney boasts that one of the benefits to staying "on property" is the complimentary transportation. I'm guessing they've been inundated with complaints of the complimentary transportation being horrendous. Instead of actually correcting the inefficient transportation problem it appears that they've come up with this awful solution.

Tahu, betty rose, V_L_Raptor and 32 others like this.
  10. PREMiERdrum

The way things are going, I seriously wonder how soon we'll see a monetization of the FastPass+ system.

11. Virtual Toad

And there's probably now a built-in incentive to let the "free" transportation rot so that more people will be willing to pay extra for the "deluxe" (read: safe, clean and well-maintained) transportation instead.

12. Jon81uk

I think Disney are trying very hard to do everything possible except that. Fastpass is the one thing they advertise as complimentary with your ticket and I don't see it changing. They will instead try monetising everything else, such as extra hours in the morning/at night and quicker transport.

13. PREMiERdrum

I could absolutely see them still giving out the 3 free FastPass reservations, and allowing the option to pay for additional selections or some even more exclusive "Platinum FastPass" system.

14. Jon81uk

You will of course need to go through security at the first park you enter, but of course once you have checked as long as you remain in the secure side its easier.

This is the advantage Univeral has, they check once at the car parks and everyone goes through metal detectors and bags through X-Ray. That way it doesn't matter if you are in City Walk or either park you only need to be checked once.

15. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Remember all the additional upcharges and extras we were going to expect?

Good grief.

16. MinnieWaffles

MinnieWaffles Well-Known Member

Well, for once it's a reasonable price and doesn't really take from others. I don't know, this really doesn't sound as terrible as some of the odd ideas Disney has had later.

I would also like to point out that upcharges are nothing new in the context of any theme park- ride tickets, express pass, dining packages. So it baffles me when this sort of thing comes to great surprise- heck, look at Club 33.

I don't know, this doesn't seem that terrible a idea to me TBH.

17. Disorbust

Disorbust Active Member

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A JOKE!

18. trojanjustin

trojanjustin Active Member

It's simple: Disney sees Uber making a fortune taking people between parks and resorts. They want some of that revenue stream.

The cabanas are an atrocious, unattractive money grab. This doesn't fix anything, either, but it at least makes some sense. Getting between parks is a tedious challenge. I'd gladly pay $15 for a way to expedite that process.

19. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

This is getting exhausting.

20. Virtual Toad

As a stockholder, this "bold, new" strategy has me quite worried that the company is scrambling to pad (or even sustain) the bottom line.