Express Monorail struck by lightning

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I neither wanted or asked for compensation, I did however want the service I PAID for and I generally stop at nothing till I get it, Up to and including nasty notes from 'Dewey, Cheatham and Howe' Esquires LLC (not the real name of course).

When I'm paying four figures per night I expect service NOW, Not when some management drone gets around to it and I'm going to be in their face constantly until it happens. Let's just say I ruined a bunch of managers days and backed it up with correspondence so it did not go down the memory hole.

I travel for a living and the average Hilton or Marriott fixes issues like this in minutes, It's only Disney hotels where you get flophouse service for presidential suite prices.

Example the housekeeping service at a Marriott left a basket of fresh linens in my room by accident, Called the front desk because did not want housekeeper to get in trouble for 'stealing' linens, Marriott comped me the night because my room was not perfect, Marriott did not have to do anything other than collect the 'missing' linens yet they comped me my room that evening.

It USED to be Disney set the standard for service and quality now any top line national chain beats them by a mile.
Wow! I stay in Marriott's all the time (lifetime Platinum Elite), and have never been comped. Our last stay just a few weeks ago was for one night and there was mold and mildew on both sides of the shower curtain, and pubic hairs on all 3 walls of the shower, and in the tub portion. Door handle to get into the room was partially broke (had to life UP to open the door). Informed both the night manager and the day manager before we left. Nothing. Also told Marriott via a survey, and received a response from corporate that they were sorry for my stay, but NO compensation at all.

These issues are not always fixed "in minutes" or even at all. I find it hard to believe that they comped you for a basket of linens.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I neither wanted or asked for compensation, I did however want the service I PAID for and I generally stop at nothing till I get it, Up to and including nasty notes from 'Dewey, Cheatham and Howe' Esquires LLC (not the real name of course).

When I'm paying four figures per night I expect service NOW, Not when some management drone gets around to it and I'm going to be in their face constantly until it happens. Let's just say I ruined a bunch of managers days and backed it up with correspondence so it did not go down the memory hole.

I travel for a living and the average Hilton or Marriott fixes issues like this in minutes, It's only Disney hotels where you get flophouse service for presidential suite prices.

Example the housekeeping service at a Marriott left a basket of fresh linens in my room by accident, Called the front desk because did not want housekeeper to get in trouble for 'stealing' linens, Marriott comped me the night because my room was not perfect, Marriott did not have to do anything other than collect the 'missing' linens yet they comped me my room that evening.

It USED to be Disney set the standard for service and quality now any top line national chain beats them by a mile.

That's awesome that you threatened a lawsuit because things weren't done at YOUR speed. When you're at the World, it doesn't revolve around you. Also one instance of good service at a nonDisney hotel doesn't mean it's going to happen every single time. Although if you stomp your feet and make a scene while ruining your vacation, I can see how it would be taken care of in minutes.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Wow! I stay in Marriott's all the time (lifetime Platinum Elite), and have never been comped. Our last stay just a few weeks ago was for one night and there was mold and mildew on both sides of the shower curtain, and pubic hairs on all 3 walls of the shower, and in the tub portion. Door handle to get into the room was partially broke (had to life UP to open the door). Informed both the night manager and the day manager before we left. Nothing. Also told Marriott via a survey, and received a response from corporate that they were sorry for my stay, but NO compensation at all.

These issues are not always fixed "in minutes" or even at all. I find it hard to believe that they comped you for a basket of linens.

Have you read his posts? If he complains to hotels like he complains here, I bet he gets free stuff all the time.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Have you read his posts? If he complains to hotels like he complains here, I bet he gets free stuff all the time.
Yup, he is definitely one of the biggest complainers around about everything. Oh, and he mentioned spending over a grand a night at BLT. I thought he was a DVC member, so not sure why he would ever pay cash for a room there. Especially not that much cash per night.

Guess I should have asked about that as well, since we are talking about him in front of him. :cool:

Goofyernmost

Sorry, I couldn't get past the "red" highlighted area. My mind immediately flipped into hyperactivity in the process of trying to figure out what was happening in that shower that caused 1) massive amounts of "hair" to be shed and 2) land on and stick too all three walls plus the tub. :jawdrop:

I think I will just go lie down now because my head hurts from the whirlwind it has just experienced.:in pain:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom