Express Monorail struck by lightning

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Express Monorail line was hit by lightning earlier today. Around 5:30 we parked at TTC and had to take the Resort Monorail to MK. So many people boarded the Resort loop at TTC there was no room for resort (GF & Poly) guests to board. By the time we left MK at around 10:30, they were not letting TTC guests on the resort loop, and had only the Ferry or busing bays 25 & 26 returning to TTC. The lines for the Ferry were as long as I had ever seen, and the bus lines were in par with New Years Eve.

Wonder how bad the backlash will be?

StageFrenzy

Express Monorail line was hit by lightning earlier today. Around 5:30 we parked at TTC and had to take the Resort Monorail to MK. So many people boarded the Resort loop at TTC there was no room for resort (GF & Poly) guests to board. By the time we left MK at around 10:30, they were not letting TTC guests on the resort loop, and had only the Ferry or busing bays 25 & 26 returning to TTC. The lines for the Ferry were as long as I had ever seen, and the bus lines were in par with New Years Eve.

Wonder how bad the backlash will be?
You still proceeded to go, these things happen. Minimal backlash.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
You still proceeded to go, these things happen. Minimal backlash.
Right on.....could be minimal...peeps were really cranked up about it. Kept hearing the resort guests mentioning the $$$ paid for the privilege to use the Monorail.....and TTC peeps were wanting a refund for parking cost.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Right on.....could be minimal...peeps were really cranked up about it. Kept hearing the resort guests mentioning the $$$ paid for the privilege to use the Monorail.....and TTC peeps were wanting a refund for parking cost.
So it's implied here that people wanted a refund because of a thunderstorm in Central Florida in August? I hope they haven't checked the forecast for early next week...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There should be no backlash.

Express had a power surge. Third boat is down for maintainence in the dock so only two boats.

A fleet of buses was laid on again from bay 26 to the TTC. This was clearly and regularly announced at park exit.

Time from end of wishes to driving out of parking lot = 20 minutes.

Very well managed and very efficient.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Express had a power surge. Third boat is down for maintainence in the dock so only two boats.

A fleet of buses was laid on again from bay 26 to the TTC. This was clearly and regularly announced at park exit.

Typical Disney apologist. Take your facts and well reasoned explanation somewhere else!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
So it's implied here that people wanted a refund because of a thunderstorm in Central Florida in August? I hope they haven't checked the forecast for early next week...
Heard that.....some of those peeps might schedule their itinerary for early next week based on bad weather....and maybe get a churro free:rolleyes:.... I'd take a day off from work to go to the Park(s) in hopes of bad weather "ruining" my day, just to get a freebee right?

Nobody complains much about TDO, Disney Parks, Igor, etc......unless they change the napkins right?;)

PhotoDave219

Yeah, they always have buses on standby during park open/close for when the monorail goes down.

BwanaBob

Well, then something changed or someone left and failed to tell someone else.
After park close, this was not explained to guests leaving.
There was a lot of frustration when the lines were pretty bad on both sides.
Little to no communication about the buses.
...and they docked the 2nd ferry at 1130, which just added insult to injury.

PhotoDave219

Well, then something changed or someone left and failed to tell someone else.
After park close, this was not explained to guests leaving.
There was a lot of frustration when the lines were pretty bad on both sides.
Little to no communication about the buses.
...and they docked the 2nd ferry at 1130, which just added insult to injury.

Well that is typical Transportation leadership.

pinnacle06

something similar happened a few years ago... but we kind of enjoyed it in a weird way. Ended up going to the TTC and walking back through the poly to get to the GF. We were soaked!

Why is there no walkway from the GF to the magic kingdom? I'd rather walk it... especially in the morning or if we stay until closing.

Goofyernmost

something similar happened a few years ago... but we kind of enjoyed it in a weird way. Ended up going to the TTC and walking back through the poly to get to the GF. We were soaked!

Why is there no walkway from the GF to the magic kingdom? I'd rather walk it... especially in the morning or if we stay until closing.
I would think that walking next to an open body of water during a thunderstorm might be just a tad on the dangerous side. Just saying! Talk about your up close fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom