Expedition Everest effects status watch

Chef Mickey

Saved hassle...

My God, that was terrfying when it worked. I remember riding it like a month after it opened and going absolutely nuts when I saw the Yeti. I've probably seen the Yeti in A-Mode 10-20 times and it absolutely ruins the ride to not have that ending. It's what made it a Disney Attraction.

So sad that it's not fixed because it took an all time great ride just down to a good ride.

AllydoesDisney

You know, I've gone on the ride so much and I finally saw the bird come out! Kind of freaked me out at first but I don't know how I didn't notice it before. I'm really sad I never saw the Yeti in motion. I might've really been scared though. I think it's creepy enough as it is.

Tom Morrow

You know, I've gone on the ride so much and I finally saw the bird come out! Kind of freaked me out at first but I don't know how I didn't notice it before. I'm really sad I never saw the Yeti in motion. I might've really been scared though. I think it's creepy enough as it is.
you didn't notice the bird before because it was MIA for several years

Magenta Panther

My God, that was terrfying when it worked. I remember riding it like a month after it opened and going absolutely nuts when I saw the Yeti. I've probably seen the Yeti in A-Mode 10-20 times and it absolutely ruins the ride to not have that ending. It's what made it a Disney Attraction.

So sad that it's not fixed because it took an all time great ride just down to a good ride.

More like an over-themed coaster with no climax. :p

COrunner

cbH6j4Q.jpg

fractal

Saved hassle...

That brings me back to the first time I rode EE with the fully functional Yeti. A mature 40 year old man sitting in a roller coaster, after all the build up to that point - when I saw this creature it created in me real fear. For a few seconds all logical and rational disbelief left me and survival instinct took over. For a few seconds I really felt that thing was going to snatch me right out of my seat and gobble me up - It looked and more importantly, moved like a living animal. Blasting out of the mountain into the sunlight gave you a rush of just escaping certain death. It was exhilarating!

Marc Gil

So where is this fabled "bird on a stick" located? I know it's been missing for several years, and I haven't been on EE since 2011.

I'm heading to AK this Saturday and I really want to see this bird that everyone makes a fuss out of.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So where is this fabled "bird on a stick" located? I know it's been missing for several years, and I haven't been on EE since 2011.

I'm heading to AK this Saturday and I really want to see this bird that everyone makes a fuss out of.
To the left of the broken track that you hit right before you go backwards.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
@brifraz posted this on his trip report Monday:

Thanks, @Nemo14 - yes, the broken track is back in place and the bird on a stick was present - in fact, the bird is lower and slightly more to the left than he used to be, so the stick is not at all visible from the train (at least it wasn't the two times we rode). Much more effective.

Also, the steam on the trains was working.

Marc Gil

I went on EE a total of four times today. Overall it was a way better ride through than my last time in 2011.

The steam effect was working, the waterfalls were flowing, and the legendary "bird on a stick" was floating above the broken track. I actually didn't see the stick attached to the bird!

The yeti is obviously still in Saturday Night Fever mode, but I could've sworn I saw his arm move a bit. Anyway, that's all folks!

Fantasmicguy

I went on EE a total of four times today. Overall it was a way better ride through than my last time in 2011.

The steam effect was working, the waterfalls were flowing, and the legendary "bird on a stick" was floating above the broken track. I actually didn't see the stick attached to the bird!

The yeti is obviously still in Saturday Night Fever mode, but I could've sworn I saw his arm move a bit. Anyway, that's all folks!
Both waterfalls?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom