Expedition Everest effects status watch

Seabasealpha1

Yeah, I don't think the issue is that people are upset because the yeti doesn't move...it's more like people are upset because they know how the yeti did move at one time...

If it had just been put up there without any kind of notion that it was to move, we'd probably not care...

I'm still waiting for the day in which it works so I can see it as such...I've only ever seen the "Night Fever" version.

And does anyone know what happened to discoyeti.com ? Used to visit the site often and now its overgrown with spam...

KaneMarko

IDK. I rode EE the year it opened and was lucky enough to see the yeti (and the ride) fully functional. Just think, after all these years of it not working...they probably could have had him fixed 5 years ago had they just bit the bullet, spent the money and just...well...fixed it. As it were, here we are YEARS later and he's still in the same state.

Still an enjoyable ride and all. But it's missing that little bit of extra it had back then that took it to another level.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
IDK. I rode EE the year it opened and was lucky enough to see the yeti (and the ride) fully functional. Just think, after all these years of it not working...they probably could have had him fixed 5 years ago had they just bit the bullet, spent the money and just...well...fixed it. As it were, here we are YEARS later and he's still in the same state.

Still an enjoyable ride and all. But it's missing that little bit of extra it had back then that took it to another level.
And that is why they will not fix the Yeti. Too many people continue to think that the Yeti is not an essential element of the attraction.

MerlinTheGoat

I've often wondered when this thread will concede defeat and fade into obscurity the way the best effects and stories have.
Hopefully it will stay around with the occasional bump. I doubt anyone expects it to be fixed at this point, anytime reasonably soon anyways. I don't and it wouldn't surprise me if it never gets fixed. But even if it no longer has a purpose of garnering change, it should at the very least remain as a monument of shame for the people responsible for this mess.

sweetpee_1993

Hopefully it will stay around with the occasional bump. I doubt anyone expects it to be fixed at this point, anytime reasonably soon anyways. I don't and it wouldn't surprise me if it never gets fixed. But even if it no longer has a purpose of garnering change, it should at the very least remain as a monument of shame for the people responsible for this mess.
Yes. This 1000x over.

KaneMarko

And that is why they will not fix the Yeti. Too many people continue to think that the Yeti is not an essential element of the attraction.

Couple of points here. "THAT" is not the main reason why the yeti won't be fixed. I'd imagine it has more to do with costs and the overall logistics to actually fix such a massive structure buried within an even more massive structure.

Secondly, I never said he wasn't an essential piece to the ride. He is. But it's still a good roller coaster. As I said in my post, sans yeti, it's missing that extra element that sets the ride apart from others. It's a shame that Disney has let this go on for years like it has. But it is what it is for whatever the reasons may be.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Couple of points here. "THAT" is not the main reason why the yeti won't be fixed. I'd imagine it has more to do with costs and the overall logistics to actually fix such a massive structure buried within an even more massive structure.

Secondly, I never said he wasn't an essential piece to the ride. He is. But it's still a good roller coaster. As I said in my post, sans yeti, it's missing that extra element that sets the ride apart from others. It's a shame that Disney has let this go on for years like it has. But it is what it is for whatever the reasons may be.
But why bother with the cost and the logistics when the majority of people see nothing wrong with the way it is now.

Cesar R M

I've often wondered when this thread will concede defeat and fade into obscurity the way the best effects and stories have.
some people who cant get past their interests in disney stock will probably love that.
But you bet it will resurface again once the things worsen.

But why bother with the cost and the logistics when the majority of people see nothing wrong with the way it is now.
"the majority" is always relative.
Most companies use huge swats of PR to handle bad comments, etc.. (like apple who used to have a guerilla type anti-complain system to delete and eliminate big complains of defective products)
they know "The biggest enemy of a corrupt or abusive person/system/company.. is a well informed person".

so, until the majority of the people who are attracted or wanting to go to WDW inform themselves well.. they might never stop going until they "feel it" by themselves.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Not that this is an effect status but, today I noticed The mountain peaks and tunnels are getting mildew..The highest peak of the forbidden mountain is turning green....

NormC

Rumor has it the yeti itself is fixed/working but the foundation he is mounted on cannot handle the amount of thrust he generates and is the real problem. Can anyone verify that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom