Expedition Everest effects status watch

SJN1279

Rode Everest for the first time in nearly 5 years on Saturday and really enjoyed myself. The backwards section and main hill were very thrilling. It was my first night ride on the coaster, and it was just a plain fun ride.

The Yeti while not fixed looked impressive looming over your car as you zipped by as well.
Was there a period when The Yeti wasn't around at all? I remember riding the attraction and not seeing the Yeti, but he was there clearly this past weekend.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Rode Everest for the first time in nearly 5 years on Saturday and really enjoyed myself. The backwards section and main hill were very thrilling. It was my first night ride on the coaster, and it was just a plain fun ride.

The Yeti while not fixed looked impressive looming over your car as you zipped by as well.
Was there a period when The Yeti wasn't around at all? I remember riding the attraction and not seeing the Yeti, but he was there clearly this past weekend.

He has always been there, just in various states of disrepair unfortunately. There were times when it was not really lit at all.

NormC

Travel Channel just had their annual WDW show on....they pretty much glossed over Expedition Everest in 20 seconds and spent the majority of the segment talking about how wonderful Dinosaur's animatronics are.
They may have been wonderful once but when I was there the first week of February they weren't. Most were off or you couldn't see them because the lights were off. The first room full was visible but after that the rest of the ride was mostly dark. Even some of the meteor effects were missing.

Kurt Hauk

Speaking of watching TV shows about Disney... I watched all of the shows this past week on Travel America and I really don't understand why they would air the Animal Kingdom show without editing it a bit when it comes to the Yeti. Talk about false advertising. They go on and on about how much thrust it takes to make the Yeti lunge out as the coaster passes. They show it over and over in its full glory. If they are not going to or can't fix the Yeti I would think they would either not air that show or alter it.

Communicore

I am picking the Yeti in the Disney parks "Magic Madness" bracket. I woulda picked Sonny Eclipse but he was snubbed.

AnandapurYetis_V2.jpg

AllydoesDisney

Is it strange that I've never noticed the bird or the steam and I've gone on the ride a bunch of times including the four times I rode on it last time I was down?

Bairstow

Disco Yeti has made the Travel & Leisure Magazine's "25 Things You Didn't Know About Disney Parks!"
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/25-things-you-didnt-know-about-disney-parks/6

From that same article:

Looks Are Frequently Deceiving
Although the Polynesian-style roof of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room (Magic Kingdom) looks like straw, it was actually built with shredded aluminum, which holds up to the elements better.

I had no idea!

Mouse_Trap

Speaking of watching TV shows about Disney... I watched all of the shows this past week on Travel America and I really don't understand why they would air the Animal Kingdom show without editing it a bit when it comes to the Yeti. Talk about false advertising. They go on and on about how much thrust it takes to make the Yeti lunge out as the coaster passes. They show it over and over in its full glory. If they are not going to or can't fix the Yeti I would think they would either not air that show or alter it.

Perhaps instead if such programme spend a minute talking about it not having worked for years and that Disney hasn't done much about it.....then finally some action would be taken to get it fixed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom