1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Expedition Everest effects status watch

Discussion in 'WDW Parks General Discussion' started by wdwmagic, Apr 18, 2007.

1. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Everest lost its misting due to poor design; it was water based and interfered with track sensors. Instead of finding an alternative it was just removed.

Spaceship Earths steam effects are generated from a single point; no steam in Rome means no steam for the printing machine.

Tower of Terror had several systems; the boiler room again was water based and made the walkways allegedly slippery. The 5th Dimension system created condensation on the glass. But again, no alternative was used. Rock n Rollercoaster in Paris found the water based system made evacuation walkways too slippery. So they installed different system. It is possible.

None water based systems need more maintenance and attention. Not to mention restocking.

2. ADMachine

ADMachine Well-Known Member

Nope, Everest has never officially closed for an extended rehab. It's really showed these last few years, as the ride has just looked genreally nasty

3. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

I never said they were building a new one or doing a 100% swap. I said that most likely needs to be done to make it work in full A-mode again. As I understand it, they still can't decide who gets to pick up the check. A lot of smaller scale fixes have been attempted and none have worked.

As to the overhead arm swing, I have no clue what they are going to do about that. I don't see relocating the Yeti being a economically viable option which most likely leaves it in the realm of legal wrangling.

G00fyDad likes this.
  4. G00fyDad

G00fyDad Well-Known Member

They just need to hire a CM actor and dress them as the Yeti then have them swinging from the rafters and screaming. :cautious:

Kram Sacul and MisterPenguin like this.
  5. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Spray paint Chewbacca white!

6. ADMachine

ADMachine Well-Known Member

That makes sense. The way your original post was worded, it seemed they were building an all new yeti

7. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Pro Star Wars geek. Premium Member

I have had dreams that they were.;)

CanadianGordon and G00fyDad like this.
  8. Cole Walker

Cole Walker Member

Ok, let's keep this thread on track lol. Basically what effects are down is what we already know (Yeti obviously still in B mode, mist gone due to triggering track sensors, bird on a stick comes and goes, etc). I'm really hoping Everest might get a major refurb after Pandora is complete. It hasn't had one since opening and it might just solve our yeti problem.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  9. KBLovesDisney

KBLovesDisney Well-Known Member

(I am sure this has been mentioned numerous times, but I really don't want to go back through and read the posts. Sorry, I'm lazy)

Any word on clean up of hair ties at the top? It looks awful, too close to looking like a sub par theme park area in comparison. They need a security camera up there if they don't have one already...

Marc Davis Fan likes this.
  10. danyoung56

danyoung56 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been discussed a lot. No real solution, though.

11. pbrsaau

pbrsaau Member

Why are the hairbands so difficult to clean up? Is it not as simple as cleaning them up at the end of the day?

12. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

It's literally as simple as sending someone up there once a week, or even once a month, after closing or before opening.