Expedition Everest effects status watch

tonganprince

I assume that you mean "tall" enough? There have never been age restrictions as far as I recall.

Nope. haha My daughter turns 16 today and my son is 11. Last time, they were both afraid of roller coasters and I didn't want to go alone or make them wait for me. Now, they are both looking forward to it. Next hurdle (which will be leaped) is TOT.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Nope. haha My daughter turns 16 today and my son is 11. Last time, they were both afraid of roller coasters and I didn't want to go alone or make them wait for me. Now, they are both looking forward to it. Next hurdle (which will be leaped) is TOT.
Ah, gotcha! ;)

Hope they love it! :cool:

Tom Morrow

You all are still so worried about this, mainly because its still stickied, yet you're failing to notice that in general the parks and rides are looking significantly better than they did like 5 or 6 years ago which was I think possibly WDW's lowest point for show quality.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
You all are still so worried about this, mainly because its still stickied, yet you're failing to notice that in general the parks and rides are looking significantly better than they did like 5 or 6 years ago which was I think possibly WDW's lowest point for show quality.
True, Splash looked TERRIBLE 6 years ago, and AK was looking "Jungly" as well

Tom Morrow

Yeah, and Dinosaur now looks as good as it did when it opened, but wait, the freakin' bird on a stick still isn't working so everything sucks!!

I pay closer attention to show quality and upkeep than anyone I know, nearly every ride looks better than it did 5 years ago. Even Everest does - there was a point when they cut down all the landscaping around it and it looked barren for two years. The parks in general are looking pretty great. And that's why this thread remaining stickied annoys the crap out of me, it continues to reinforce the idea that "WDW is falling apart" but this just isn't true.

Professortango1

Yeah, and Dinosaur now looks as good as it did when it opened, but wait, the freakin' bird on a stick still isn't working so everything sucks!!

I pay closer attention to show quality and upkeep than anyone I know, nearly every ride looks better than it did 5 years ago. Even Everest does - there was a point when they cut down all the landscaping around it and it looked barren for two years. The parks in general are looking pretty great. And that's why this thread remaining stickied annoys the crap out of me, it continues to reinforce the idea that "WDW is falling apart" but this just isn't true.

I don't know, when I was there a few months ago, it was looking pretty torn up.

Professortango1

What did?

Animal Kingdom's Conservation Station outdoor mural was pretty bad. The posters in Tough to be a Bug had double images from the replacements not being lined up exactly. Space Mountain had tons of chipped paint, holes in walls. Skipper Cantina and Frozen Ever After even had tones of paint worn away which shocked me as they are so new.

Tom Morrow

There will always be little things you notice. I fell into this trap from reading too much of this forum and going to WDW too much. It really helped a lot when I stepped away for almost a year.

This forum likes to use Universal as a shining example of upkeep, but I promise you, if you take a very close look at the details of Universal's parks and Disney's parks, Disney's are still immaculate by comparison. Everywhere you look in Universal you will find grime, grunge, cracked walkways, chipped and faded paintjobs, trash, etc. Though, the one area that Universal does surpass Disney is their ride effects tend to be always working.

I say this as someone who loves Universal, too. WDW may not be completely immaculate with upkeep but it's still really only surpassed by Disneyland itself. And it absolutely looks better than 5 years ago.

Professortango1

There will always be little things you notice. I fell into this trap from reading too much of this forum and going to WDW too much. It really helped a lot when I stepped away for almost a year.

This forum likes to use Universal as a shining example of upkeep, but I promise you, if you take a very close look at the details of Universal's parks and Disney's parks, Disney's are still immaculate by comparison. Everywhere you look in Universal you will find grime, grunge, cracked walkways, chipped and faded paintjobs, trash, etc. Though, the one area that Universal does surpass Disney is their ride effects tend to be always working.

I say this as someone who loves Universal, too. WDW may not be completely immaculate with upkeep but it's still really only surpassed by Disneyland itself. And it absolutely looks better than 5 years ago.

I don't know about that. I did spend most of my time in Daigon Alley and Hogsmede, but Universal seemed much fresher. To be fair, they less to maintain. I think having 4 parks means Disney World is kind of stuck having outdated attractions and more areas neglected.

Tom Morrow

I don't know about that. I did spend most of my time in Daigon Alley and Hogsmede, but Universal seemed much fresher. To be fair, they less to maintain. I think having 4 parks means Disney World is kind of stuck having outdated attractions and more areas neglected.
Look closer at the facades, walkways, planters, queue walls, signage, paint jobs, etc. For example, almost every walkway at Universal is cracked and stained with grime and rust, most of them except for some lands in IOA are not supposed to be. Universal, outside of WWoHP, is more about being flashier than total perfect immersion so these details don't stick out, whereas one broken thing at Disney surrounded by things that look perfect stands out.

I can type forever about it but you won't notice it unless you look closely at both resorts from an unbiased pov.

tonganprince

Update:

My daughter chickened out twice, so my son and I rode it 4 times yesterday. Finally! As far as the yeti.. you go by it so fast, it's hard to tell what's going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom