Expedition Everest effects status watch

PizzaPlanet

Ooh, Good Dino is a fantastic idea for what to do with that whole area, and one I could actually see them doing. Not usually so in favor of more IP based stuff, but in that case anything would be an improvement.
I can see a Good Dinosaur show replacing Finding Nemo. It would fit better thematically.

captainmoch

I think DinoRama should be replaced by some sort of excavation site, maybe with a family coaster or something in it. The Good Dinosaur, rather, could get a live show/musical with large puppets to replace Nemo. Then the whole land could get a makeover, maybe making it into some sort of "small town in the middle of nowhere that has a fascination for dinosaurs" thing. Give DinoLand a consistent theme for once. Heck, they could represent the "roadside dinosaur attraction" thing that DinoLand is supposed to be representing by just having a few old-timey fiberglass dinosaurs throughout the area.

NormC

I think DinoRama should be replaced by some sort of excavation site, maybe with a family coaster or something in it. The Good Dinosaur, rather, could get a live show/musical with large puppets to replace Nemo. Then the whole land could get a makeover, maybe making it into some sort of "small town in the middle of nowhere that has a fascination for dinosaurs" thing. Give DinoLand a consistent theme for once. Heck, they could represent the "roadside dinosaur attraction" thing that DinoLand is supposed to be representing by just having a few old-timey fiberglass dinosaurs throughout the area.
Did I miss your sarcasm or have you not been there yet? There is an excavation site and a family coaster. Not a great one but....
They also have a large old-timey fiberglass dinosaur and roadside attractions.

Cesar R M

This thread has come to remind me of the "Save the Adventurer's Club" thread. Yep, as @BoarderPhreak observed: annual check - still not saved, still not fixed.

There are first graders getting ready for their first semester break who were not alive in this world the last time the ride operated in "A Mode."

"A Mode? What's that?"
at this point, the moving yeti will become an "urban legend".. a myth told by grandpas to their grandsons.

"Back in my day.. the Yeti moved!" the kids in disbelief will answer "Sure thing gran!"

barkerbird

Every time I look into the Yeti's refurb I see someone saying they recently saw it move.. "I swear to it!" they say. It really has become a myth and legend that it still moves. I know Stacy from Let's Do Disney sure likes to show the footage of it moving..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
So, according to Screamscape, plans for Shanghai Disneyland show an Expedition Everist clone in the plans for future expansions of that park... Assuming they include a big yeti at the end or some other large animatronic, do you think they use the same technology/animatronic skeleton to finally replace the yeti at AK? Or vice versa, they finally replace the yeti at AK to ensure the same animatronic will work as needed when the clone opens in Shanghai?

NormC

It depends on which failure mode stories you believe. I believe the Yeti himself is fine but the mechanism that thrusts him towards the track is the issue. It has so much force that it has broken somewhere in either the mounts or structure to which it is attached.

danyoung56

I've always heard that it is the foundation that's cracking, and they can't get in there to replace it without taking half the mountain apart.

barkerbird

That sounds about right.. I've heard that there was an error in the 4D software, called ConstructSim, which was used to design the construction. They can't move forward until they pinpoint where the construction went wrong.

Fun fact: During my days working at the parks, they had an actual climb to the top of the mountain. Though I've never seen it myself, I've heard rumors of a basketball goal inside the mountain for Cast Members.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That sounds about right.. I've heard that there was an error in the 4D software, called ConstructSim, which was used to design the construction. They can't move forward until they pinpoint where the construction went wrong.

Fun fact: During my days working at the parks, they had an actual climb to the top of the mountain. Though I've never seen it myself, I've heard rumors of a basketball goal inside the mountain for Cast Members.
That would be the Matterhorn at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom