EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Guys, its finally time to kill this thread, I have a solution:
have-you-turned-it-off-and-on-again-1.png

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I may be mistaken, but I could swear the last few times I've ridden the Yeti has been stationary. I wouldn't put too much into my first couple of rides not under the influence of hallucinogenic substances, so let's leave the "Stationary Yeti" at rumor stage for the time being.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I may be mistaken, but I could swear the last few times I've ridden the Yeti has been stationary. I wouldn't put too much into my first couple of rides not under the influence of hallucinogenic substances, so let's leave the "Stationary Yeti" at rumor stage for the time being.
I rode it in September. Yeti was moving all about. Had a swipe at me. Nearly took me head off, he did.

iAJ

Honestly I think the best plan would be:
Mid 2017: Avatar opens
Early 2018: Dinosaur closes for extensive 6 month refurbishment.
Mid 2018: Dinosaur opens back up with major changes, Everest closes for extensive 6 month refurbishment.
Early 2019: Everest reopens, with new functional Yeti animation, fixed previous effects, and a few new ones.

I'd say give DinoRama the next fix, by taking it down entirely and maybe bringing in a Good Dinosaur attraction or something else completely original.
Ooh, Good Dino is a fantastic idea for what to do with that whole area, and one I could actually see them doing. Not usually so in favor of more IP based stuff, but in that case anything would be an improvement.

Tom Morrow

See but the whole point of Dinoland is the message "extinction is forever!" They're gone, and we can only see them via time travel. which is how Dinosaur/CTX fills a nice niche. Excavator would have been great, instead they went with the awful Dinorama.

blm07

Dear journal, it's me, Doug. Mr. D1nk, the technician at the ride said it was very expensive to change anything, and Disney is too cheap to fix it. Go figure. This girl I work with, Patti, I see her all the time at the McDonalds just outside of Animal Kingdom, but I'm too scared to introduce myself to her. Thanks to my shyness, I sit at home and look up stuff about where I work online. I signed up for a forum about rides and saw this thread called "Expedition Everest effects status watch" at the top, but nothing has changed in the ride for 10 years. Well, time to get out of here! It's time to catch the bus to see my best friend Skeeter at his new "Skeeter Live" show in Hollywood Studios. It's so strange how life happens sometimes.

Cesar R M

Dear journal, it's me, Doug. Mr. D1nk, the technician at the ride said it was very expensive to change anything, and Disney is too cheap to fix it. Go figure. This girl I work with, Patti, I see her all the time at the McDonalds just outside of Animal Kingdom, but I'm too scared to introduce myself to her. Thanks to my shyness, I sit at home and look up stuff about where I work online. I signed up for a forum about rides and saw this thread called "Expedition Everest effects status watch" at the top, but nothing has changed in the ride for 10 years. Well, time to get out of here! It's time to catch the bus to see my best friend Skeeter at his new "Skeeter Live" show in Hollywood Studios. It's so strange how life happens sometimes.
waitwut.jpg

danyoung56

Well, there's 60 seconds I'll never get back . . . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom