Expedition Everest effects status watch

Ralphlaw

Let's list the possible reasons that a fix hasn't yet happened:

1. Yeti foundation is too weak.
2. Sled is broken and/or too weak.
3. Yeti mechanisms are broken.
4. No entity wants to pay for the fix.
5. Insidious Disney execs like it broken.
6. B mode is good enough even though a fix is easy.
7. Ultra sensitive sensors and preposterous safety protocols can't conceivably be satisfied.
8. Fix would require long shutdown.
9. The huge yeti movement causes vibrations that will always set off the track sensors.
10. Joe Rohde is gone, and no one else is powerful enough to champion a true fix.

Take your pick, or add you own theories. Personally, I think it's a combination of 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10. But what do I know?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Let's list the possible reasons that a fix hasn't yet happened:

1. Yeti foundation is too weak.
2. Sled is broken and/or too weak.
3. Yeti mechanisms are broken.
4. No entity wants to pay for the fix.
5. Insidious Disney execs like it broken.
6. B mode is good enough even though a fix is easy.
7. Ultra sensitive sensors and preposterous safety protocols can't conceivably be satisfied.
8. Fix would require long shutdown.
9. The huge yeti movement causes vibrations that will always set off the track sensors.
10. Joe Rohde is gone, and no one else is powerful enough to champion a true fix.

Take your pick, or add you own theories. Personally, I think it's a combination of 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9 and 10. But what do I know?
Where is Joe?

EagleScout610

Premium Member
As of 8/17/2015
No Steam too Hot Probably to have it on
No Bird on Stick
B-Mode It seems EE is getting worse and worse each day.
In loving memory of Mr. Yeti:

Attachments

• yeti.jpg
    yeti.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 108

PorterRedkey

The few times I got to ride EE, the Yeti wasn't even in Disco mode - he was just covered with a black tarp. It is sad when I think the Disco Yeti people got lucky. If it was to replace him, okay, but 4 years later and he is still stagnant.

I went through the queue and I knew the Yeti was coming, but not for me. Going by the queue, the Yeti is kind of the main point of the ride. Such a big let down to an otherwise fun coaster.

danyoung56

The yeti is a fun effect, but for me he is in no way the main point of the ride. The coaster itself is the main point, and has always been one of my favorites!

peterwendy

When I rode it in late June there were tons and tons of hair ties thrown up where the track "breaks"
It was kind of ridiculous and very unsightly... Anyone know if they're still there?

James J

In the Parks
No
When I rode it in late June there were tons and tons of hair ties thrown up where the track "breaks"
It was kind of ridiculous and very unsightly... Anyone know if they're still there?

There was a whole thread about that a couple of weeks ago. Apparently it's a thing that people do, for some reason.

fractal

Belated update from my 8/12 trip.

No steam.
All waterfalls working.
Fog was working.
No bird on stick.

Yeti in B mode but seemed to be reaching down further than before.

MerlinTheGoat

I did a double take as well. There IS supposed to be fog in the tunnel scenes near the top of the mountain and (I think) the track switch after the reverse section and before the big drop. But it's supposed to have been disabled a long time ago for some reason (i've even heard people claim it messed with the sensors though this may just be BS), apparently even before the yeti was switched off.

I'd be very shocked if the fog was working again, maybe it was a typo. Or perhaps a cast member turned the effect on by accident (assuming the hardware is still present for the effect and in working order)

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I did a double take as well. There IS supposed to be fog in the tunnel scenes near the top of the mountain and (I think) the track switch after the reverse section and before the big drop. But it's supposed to have been disabled a long time ago for some reason (i've even heard people claim it messed with the sensors though this may just be BS), apparently even before the yeti was switched off.

I'd be very shocked if the fog was working again, maybe it was a typo. Or perhaps a cast member turned the effect on by accident (assuming the hardware is still present for the effect and in working order)
The fog was removed from what I've heard. It was messing up the track

fractal

Sorry - just saw this.

I definitely recall seeing "fog" as we started the ride - in the "valley" by the second waterfall. Perhaps is was mist from the water fall but if it was it was different than the first waterfall which had no such "mist". It seemed to be coming down the side of the mountain - I have a picture of it as it caught my attention. Bottom left corner. Again, perhaps it's a combination of the waterfall and the sun hitting it just right, but when I was riding I perceived it as fog coming down the mountain. You can see it further up as well.

i-vDkmbgZ-XL.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

If I had to guess, that's probably just real mist. It's pretty common in Florida, especially common during the early morning when things are humid. I assume this picture to be at least somewhat early in the day considering that the sun is hitting the mountain only on the eastern side. So it's likely somewhat prior to noon, again when natural fog has a good chance of being seen.

I don't believe that's where the fog machines were either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom