News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

THEMEPARKPIONEER

whats going to hurt them is that this show does not look good on YouTube, I know that lake, everything looks larger in person and is defiantly a show that has to be seen in person

Vinnie Mac

whats going to hurt them is that this show does not look good on YouTube, I know that lake, everything looks larger in person and is defiantly a show that has to be seen in person
To be fair Illumination's doesn't translate well on camera either (with the exception of Cliffix's videos his are SPECTACULAR). People call it boring but it was a different experience in person than on video. Only Epcot show that translates well on camera is Harmonious to be honest

pigglewiggle

It's a very pretty show. Beautiful colors, dancing water and lights. Great pyro, fantastic finale.

I thought it would be more instrumental. For my tastes there was too much singing and too much narration.

Definitely not a bad show and look forward to watching in person. The big, big win today for Epcot is World Celebration Garden.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
It can be shot pretty well in the future by someone that knows the show well to know when to go tight and when to go wide, and that's largely why I was disappointed Disney didn't have their own stream and left people at home to watch vloggers trying to figure it out on the fly.

But I still thought it looked pretty good on YouTube. WDWMagic's shared still photos are beautiful.

fgmnt

I think the biggest thing Luminous does (from what I have seen online) that the mistake on the lake whiffed on, was respect of the World Showcase Lagoon as a one-of-a-kind venue. You need to design a show that evenly engages this audience flatly wrapped over a mile around a body of water and Harmonious did not.

James Alucobond

I honestly think what's important here is that, whether you think it was excellent or not, there's at least a solid framework that can be built upon or modified as necessary. You have:
  • movable barges that span much of the lagoon and can produce a good crescendo of effects.
  • very solid original opening and closing numbers.
  • a structure that doesn't feel like a castle show and allows pieces to be swapped in or out easily.
With that in mind, if they find a certain section isn't landing, they can excise it. They could even conceivably go in a less IP-heavy direction in the future under different leadership.

Vinnie Mac

Jesus, The Disney of old really spoiled us with Reflections of Earth. Meh at best show but at least it's better then Harmonious. (Getting real sick of IP being shoved in everything)

Time for another palate cleanser.

I'm gonna be honest with you for a second and I know some will disagree but I have a feeling many people would have not liked Illuminations if it came out today. I could see it now. "So boring!" "Harmonious was more energetic!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom