Epcot International Festival of the Arts coming in January 2017

HiYa Pal

I'd rather them do SOMETHING fresh in EPCOT throughout the year than nothing....plus I love Disney Broadway, so I'm all in for this new festival....EPCOT is a GIANT park with HUGE capacity, and if you look at the point of EPCOT, its to learn, F&G, F&W, HAtW, and this new festival all teach things, I've learned of many new foods that I love, I've learned that there's no reason to visit EPCOT on a Saturday in the fall, I'm learning and entertained ;) (half sarcastic post, half serious, you decide which half)

Cmdr_Crimson

"Dream big," -Bob Chapek

Meanwhile in Bob Chapek's Office......
mzDda.gif

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Perish the thought.
Dan has already seen the permits to install permanent power and plumbing. Look, the festivals are not a bad thing in and of themselves. We love them, and go multiple times a year to visit them. It is the lack of management spending on Future World that is the issue. And we can only hope that with Chapek's announcement, more is too come than what you've already been told about. Again, only hope at this point, until shovels meet pavement, not relief.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dan has already seen the permits to install permanent power and plumbing. Look, the festivals are not a bad thing in and of themselves. We love them, and go multiple times a year to visit them. It is the lack of management spending on Future World that is the issue. And we can only hope that with Chapek's announcement, more is too come than what you've already been told about. Again, only hope at this point, until shovels meet pavement, not relief.
Each to their own.

The shacks are a blight on the landscape.

We avoid F&W like the plague. We were gutted this year when the start was brought forward even earlier. We only saw RoE twice as opposed to the half dozen plus times of previous years. And one of those we arranged so we didn't have to be in the mob.

And not opinion but fact, the festivals prop up the parks bottom line. They're a band aid to fix years of neglect.

rushtest4echo

My ideal World Showcase by 2021:
Round out the dark rides by adding a few like:
Ratatouille Dark Ride in France
"Classic" Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs in Germany
"Classic" Alice in Wonderland in England

And have year long festivals/celebrations like:
Nov - Dec: Spirit of the Season Holiday Celebration
Jan - Feb : Festival of the Arts
Mar - May: Flower and Garden Festival
Jun - Aug: Summer Music Cultural Celebration
Sep - Oct: Food and Wine Festival
- Permanent food/beverage/merchandise kiosks for all, with rotating product of course
- Seasonal tags for IllumiNations for every season (they don't need to be as huge as Christmas)

I have a feeling that my view of an "ideal" World Showcase is a "nightmare" World Showcase for most people around here though ;)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And not opinion but fact, the festivals prop up the parks bottom line. They're a band aid to fix years of neglect.
I have never said that wasn't true, or just an opinion, or that there hasn't been years of neglect. Both true, and I agree. Where we disagree is that we find the festivals fun and informative about food, wine, and other countries. Sorry you don't. Maybe you have a much different perspective, since you can more easily visit the European countries.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I have never said that wasn't true, or just an opinion, or that there hasn't been years of neglect. Both true, and I agree. Where we disagree is that we find the festivals fun and informative about food, wine, and other countries. Sorry you don't. Maybe you have a much different perspective, since you can more easily visit the European countries.
Like I said, each to their own. It'd be boring if everyone thought the same way.

csmat99

I feel like marni has been quite positive on the future of Epcot.
Well I don't want to put words in marni's mouth but I'm pretty sure he was referring to front and not world showcase. Last time I checked we are no closer to a new country since 25 years ago give or take few years. We are also no closer to an actual new ride going in world showcase. Now let me cry in my old food and wine stein that actually got me a full size beer for less than a car payment.

ToTBellHop

Taken in isolation, this sounds cool. I can't wait to see the Disney on Broadway performances with my 4-year olds who are still too young for a 150-minute show.

Doesn't sound very international though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom