Epcot International Festival of the Arts coming in January 2017

FerretAfros

For those keeping track, we’re now up to 212 days of the year that Epcot is hosting a festival (not counting runDisney weekends that also use Epcot as home base); that’s 58% of the time.

Below are the durations for each, assuming the other festivals maintain their 2016 lengths [edited to correct Friday-Monday operation of the new one)

Flower & Garden: 90
Food & Wine: 62
Holidays Around the World: 36
Festival of the Arts: 24
Total: 212 days

"Dream big," -Bob Chapek

Last edited:

JohnD

dreamfinder

Below are the durations for each, assuming the Festival of the Arts runs daily, not just weekends (unclear description), and the other festivals maintain their 2016 lengths

Article specifies
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will run Fridays through Mondays, and unveil brand new art each week.
although I'd be shocked if any infrastructure that was set up to sell food/merch was left shuttered and empty during the week.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
For those keeping track, we’re now up to 227 days of the year that Epcot is hosting a festival (not counting runDisney weekends that also use Epcot as home base); that’s 62% of the time.

Below are the durations for each, assuming the Festival of the Arts runs daily, not just weekends (unclear description), and the other festivals maintain their 2016 lengths

Festival of the Arts: 39
Total: 227 days
So I guess you didn't read the entire article. The festival only runs Friday through Monday during that time. Not all week. No, isn't a lot of days less, but it is a few. I for one have zero problems with the festivals. We go to both Flower & Garden and Food & Wine pretty much every year. We just don't go there on Friday or Saturday evenings when the locals are out in force.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Article specifies although I'd be shocked if any infrastructure that was set up to sell food/merch was left shuttered and empty during the week.
At this point, it might be easier to just set up and theme a lot of the kiosks for all year enjoyment. Everyone knows that will eventually happen anyway, so make sure they are done right.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
For those keeping track, we’re now up to 227 days of the year that Epcot is hosting a festival (not counting runDisney weekends that also use Epcot as home base); that’s 62% of the time.

Festival of the Arts: 39
Total: 227 days

Parks Blog post stated that Arts is only running Friday-Monday. I honestly get that - ti's a way to drive locals to the park to prop up numbers in what is a traditionally slow season. This is going to get some tourist traffic obviously, but it's also clearly designed to help drive up resident traffic.

rushtest4echo

"Classic/1980s/90s" World Showcase that purists cry is lost - Dining, drinking, and shopping making up 90% of visitors and smallish cultural/educational appeal for the other 10% regardless of "festivals"

"New/Destroyed" World Showcase that purists say is an abomination - Dining, drinking, and shopping making up 90% of visitors and smallish cultural/educational appeal for the other 10% regardless of "festivals"

Meet the new World Showcase, same as the old one. Except for the kids/families/me somewhat enjoying Mexico/Norway now

MrHappy

Remember when WS had double decker buses? While I appreciated the convenience, I always questioned the optics and safety. I digress. I think the festivals add to the ambiance and excitement. I know the food and drink aren't free (when is it ever free though), I find that there's an added value in going to EPCOT during the festivals - decor, performances, exhibits, general sense of "newness", etc.

Seems like the outrage is the notion that this is all EPCOT will ever be - Drunktown with few outdated attractions. It may be what it is now. But as reports have indicated, EPCOT is inline for lots of love. Kiosks aren't going to impede these larger plans. Festivals and Improvements are exclusive of each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom