Epcot After Hours Tasting - New event

cw1982

@Ember I have heard they won't kick you out but everything except those four lounges will close at 9. You probably could walk around but that would be it.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've never understood why WS closes so early. But $35 to stay after closing and eat/drink? I can go back to the resort and do that for much less. Sounds like nothing else will be open, so why bother.

Ember

@Ember I have heard they won't kick you out but everything except those four lounges will close at 9. You probably could walk around but that would be it.
That would be perfect. We're planning on eating and drinking at all the F&G kiosks, so won't really want to pay to eat and drink some more. But I'd love to just soak in the atmosphere sans children and take some pics.

WDW1974

Just again to be very clear, this isn't a move designed to test later hours or to improve the Guest experience.

This is one of many things happening designed to improve revenue because NGE is so over budget and so under delivering.

Much like the Star Wars absurdly priced character meals.

And there will be summer offerings for both MK and DAK announced in the near future, all upcharges, all put out for the same reason.

#RideYourMAGICBand

cw1982

And there will be summer offerings for both MK and DAK announced in the near future, all upcharges, all put out for the same reason.

#RideYourMAGICBand

What kind of summer offerings at MK and DAK? I can see DAK because they close so early, but MK? Through the summer, they're open until 11 or 12, no? Unless you're talking about some kind of experience that would be available during the hours they are already open, paying to be able to stay later wouldn't make sense at MK...

Either way, I'm finding myself to be very glad that we're staying onsite and can do evening EMH's... which I realize is all part of their gimmick, but still.

jlsHouston

I wonder when Disney and the Sheriff's department will team up to share profit over DUI fines for folks leaving Epcot later than the norm (or anytime after F&w) ? Seems like a reasonable profit point, no?

YOU know I see those cops sitting on Lake Buena Vista now every trip. Last November and this past March every day and every night. Never saw them in 2011 or 2012.

jlsHouston

Just again to be very clear, this isn't a move designed to test later hours or to improve the Guest experience.

This is one of many things happening designed to improve revenue because NGE is so over budget and so under delivering.

Much like the Star Wars absurdly priced character meals.

#RideYourMAGICBand

#RideYourMAGICBand

I think you should copyright this.
Once my initials were jlo and I regret not copyrighting it...

WDW1974

What kind of summer offerings at MK and DAK? I can see DAK because they close so early, but MK? Through the summer, they're open until 11 or 12, no? Unless you're talking about some kind of experience that would be available during the hours they are already open, paying to be able to stay later wouldn't make sense at MK...

Either way, I'm finding myself to be very glad that we're staying onsite and can do evening EMH's... which I realize is all part of their gimmick, but still.

I am not talking about after-hours events, I am talking about up-charge events (that can be before, during or after regular hours).

And while evening EMH's are nice, two extra hours if you can make it to the park that has them that particular night isn't a great reason to spend a huge premium to stay at a WDW resort.

cw1982

I am not talking about after-hours events, I am talking about up-charge events (that can be before, during or after regular hours).

And while evening EMH's are nice, two extra hours if you can make it to the park that has them that particular night isn't a great reason to spend a huge premium to stay at a WDW resort.

Oh, I agree. The EMH wasn't really a deciding factor in our choice to stay onsite. But at the same time, since we have access to them, I'm glad to use them.

willtravel

To me, this is a bit disappointing. I am starting to feel like every time I turn around I am getting nickeled and dimed to death. I will wait to give final judgment until I hear what others have said after experiencing it. But for most nights we opt to do the late seating at our favorite sit downs and then a relaxing walk out of the parks.
Pretty soon WDW is going to have pay toilets.

rt06

The after hours isn't the sell here. I can book an ADR for 9pm at any restaurant, and stroll out to an empty showcase. No one forces you to leave after Illuminations. You have hundreds of people milling about, even with nothing to do. The idea is not to con people into entering Epcot after closing, as much as some would like to have you believe.

rt06

Actually they do, I was shepherded out of the back of WS when I was trying to take pictures, and that was around 22:00 if memory is correct

2200 was also the time I walked out of Via Napoli with hardly a soul around, save for the other dining stragglers. We played Zombie Apocalypse: Last Souls On Earth... I guess you had to be there.

Now, at 2300, I can stay even later, because they won't know if I'm winding down or wasting time.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
2200 was also the time I walked out of Via Napoli with hardly a soul around, save for the other dining stragglers. We played Zombie Apocalypse: Last Souls On Earth... I guess you had to be there.

Now, at 2300, I can stay even later, because they won't know if I'm winding down or wasting time.
Those who are winding down get a wrist band.

DisneyGentleman

That way people who eat in the bathroom will pay for the right to sit!

They would not do anything so crass.

Instead they are instituting a new upcharge perk called

Eliminantality

Sponsored by Brawny, anyone with a Magic Band can go to the front of the line at selected restroom facilities around WDW for a modest fee of $10.

Magic Band... for when you absolutely, positively have to go now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom