Epcot After Hours Tasting - New event

LovinMK

Original Poster
Heard some news yesterday that Epcot will be offering a new evening event called After Hours Tasting and that you will be able to stay in the park until 11pm. It's suppose to start later in April. Anyone know how to book this event or where I can find anymore information???

PrincessNelly_NJ

Just read on Twitter that EPCOT will be allowing people to spend a few extra hours in the parks.
It's not Pleasure Island but sounds like a great way to end the night.
Epcot Wind Down 9:20-11 p.m. Thurs - Sun.
La Cava, Spice Road, Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, Rose & Crown. Includes beverage flight and appetizer for $35 per person through Sept. 15. Dining Plans not accepted.
winddown_zps206d08ef.jpg

PrincessNelly_NJ

Actually sounds like a good idea. Always kind of silly to shut down Epcot so early when there is such a strong food and drink component.
I wish they would allow WS to remain open late at night. Bring in some nighttime entertainment to each country.
I would be open to paying a small cover charge to get into WS and then grab some drinks and roam around.

PhilharMagician

IMHO there are two ways I see it.

1. Keep it open since it makes money hand over fist with it's food and beverage. Close it late like MK does. Let the schedule adjust depending on capacity instead of it's current fixed time.

2. If Epcot stays open late at night it will fall even more into the drunken booze stigma it has developed primarily around F & W.

Personally I think Epcot closes to early and I would like to see it stay open much later in the evening.

Arty Cordova

Just read on Twitter that EPCOT will be allowing people to spend a few extra hours in the parks.
It's not Pleasure Island but sounds like a great way to end the night.
Epcot Wind Down 9:20-11 p.m. Thurs - Sun.
La Cava, Spice Road, Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar, Rose & Crown. Includes beverage flight and appetizer for $35 per person through Sept. 15. Dining Plans not accepted.
winddown_zps206d08ef.jpg

Interesting, I will be there May 16 and there are extra magic hours for Epcot through 11:00 PM I definently was looking forward to having a night cap at Rose and Crown. I hope they don't expect me to have this pass.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Interesting. By limiting the locations, they can get on with closing down the park, but it lets people have a relatively calm nightcap without having to make another stop. I'd love this, except for the price. I can't drink, so paying $35 to watch others do so and have an appetizer won't be worth it. And my wife would probably not want to drink flights!

bhg469

I think by the existence of the Florida resident after 4 pass for epcot, world showcase should be open at night to non guests with a Reasonable cover charge. If I lived down there that is probably the only Disney annual pass I would buy.

CDavid

It should be noted that Epcot used to be open later; Specifically, I can recall 11 p.m.. It's probably just a pipedream, but I'd hope this might be the first timid toe testing the waters about keeping the park once again open later. At the very least, some (often fully booked) dining locations could also keep later hours.

I'd also agree that the lounges need to cater to walk-up customers on an al-a-carte basis.

cw1982

We're deliberately planning our World of Showcase time at Epcot around evening EMH on a Friday night so that we don't have to pay $35 to be able to stay and enjoy drinks and snacks for those two extra hours lol.

On that note, part of me wonders if this will impact crowds on Friday nights during EMH... maybe some people who would have stayed in the park like we plan to do would rather have reservations and be able to partake in a certain set of drinks and an appetizer. Since it's our first time out there and we're planning to just use that time to walk around, enjoy a drink or a snack as we see fit, and enjoy the surroundings, I think for us just using the EMH is the way to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom