Elsa and Anna a bad thing?

Car01:)

The "transition" of these two Princess was not handled well, in the sense that Disney put them in a place where there simply wasn't adequate queuing space. It's not like the demand was a surprise!

A more prudent course would have been to move them into Town Square Theater until the furor died down and wait to put them in PFTH until the queue there could handle it -- even if it took a year or so. (If necessary, move Mickey and have him join Donald and Goofy in Storybook Circus.) Yes, it's not thematically appropriate, but these are desperate times, and princesses have been shoehorned into Town Square Theater before. Make 4 separate M&G rooms for Anna/Elsa in Town Square and devote the entire space to them (with both meeting from park opening to park closing daily), so that the crowds and waits can be adequately managed. Not only that, but nobody need sprint across the park to get there. Guests wanting to get there at rope drop can go there directly and be out of the way of everyone else.

But of course, Disney never asks for my advice on these things... ;)

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey Remember this Movie...
1312744255_lion-king_2c-the-1529082.jpg

Now think about how much they Milked this movie after it came out in 1994.....
Lion King 11/2
Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Timon & Pumbaa TV Series
The Lion King Parade (WDW)
The Lion King Celebration Parade (DL)
Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (EPCOT)
The Festival of The Lion King (AK)
Rafiki's Planet Watch (AK)
The Legend of The Lion King (MK)
The Lion King Broadway Musical
Mickey's Philharmagic (Just Can't Wait Sequence)
Fantasmic (Small Segment)
Lion King Wing at Art of Animation Resort

And they are not even "Letting it Go" Yet! As they will release The Lion Guard on Disney Jr in 2015 as a TV Movie Pilot and 2016 as a Series..
500px-BN-DD736_king2_G_20140609142911.jpg

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Hey Remember this Movie...
1312744255_lion-king_2c-the-1529082.jpg

Now think about how much they Milked this movie after it came out in 1994.....
Lion King 11/2
Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Timon & Pumbaa TV Series
The Lion King Parade (WDW)
The Lion King Celebration Parade (DL)
Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable (EPCOT)
The Festival of The Lion King (AK)
The Legend of The Lion King (MK)
The Lion King Broadway Musical

And they are not even "Letting it Go" Yet! As they will release The Lion Guard on Disney Jr in 2015 as a TV Movie Pilot and 2016 as a Series..
500px-BN-DD736_king2_G_20140609142911.jpg

Also, the Rhythm of the Pridelands CD, much of which (I think) was adapted into the Broadway show.

Matt_Black

Well, the hand drawn features the past decade or so haven't made nearly as much money as the CGI films, so one can see why they went there.

seahawk7

I think they should also have them at DHS. The more locations, the better chance kids (and parents) have at seeing them and reduce the lines @ Epcot and now MK.

Frozen is so incredibly big right now.....might be bigger than any other Disney movie characters ever.
And I really don't see why. Now Tiana. She is a far better princess than Anna and Elsa could ever aspire to be. I just never understood why she wasn't more popular.

Matt_Black

And I really don't see why. Now Tiana. She is a far better princess than Anna and Elsa could ever aspire to be. I just never understood why she wasn't more popular.

Well, she's more popular than Mulan or Pocahontas, and her prince is VERY popular, from what I understand. She gets about as much exposure in the Princess marketing as Jasmine, Ariel, or Snow White, which I don't think is bad company to be in. The top tier right now appears to be Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, and Rapunzel.

seahawk7

Well, she's more popular than Mulan or Pocahontas, and her prince is VERY popular, from what I understand. She gets about as much exposure in the Princess marketing as Jasmine, Ariel, or Snow White, which I don't think is bad company to be in. The top tier right now appears to be Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, and Rapunzel.
Well thats good to know. I haven't seen Rapunzel so I can't speak to her popularity but I do recall that Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle do seem to be a trio on a lot of merchandise. I don't understand what makes a princess popular with the kids nowadays. Blond hair could have been the shared trait but Belle changes that, and neither does most recent picture (Merida).

seahawk7

and this has to do with what I said how exactly.....and......you do know they are all fictional characters yes? :rolleyes:
fictional characters can be role models and possess characteristics you might want your daughter to be exposed to. Think back to your favorite books. I'm not going to trash other princesses, but Tiana possesses a strong work ethic and doesn't need a prince to save her. However, I'm not inferring Anna and Elsa do. As a mother, I'm glad she is my daughter's favorite princess, and at age 19, she stills goes to see her at the MK when we go. Because, you see, we haven't lost the imagination it takes to forget for just a second that this princess is a person doing a job they were hired to do. So fictional yes, but not any less real. I can't believe I need to explain this on a Disney forum.

Someone has probably already mentioned it by now but it's not as if before Anna and Elsa everyone walked down Main Street taking everything in. They were just running for some other attraction.

Not to mention just before Anna and Elsa, there was the Brave running of the herd, and before that it was Rapunzel. There will always be some cattle call in the morning for the hottest character that HAS to be met. The only question, is who will be next?

Matt_Black

Assuming some of the characters meet in the parks, Big Hero 6, while it will do well, I don't think will be nearly as popular character wise, though I might be wrong if they heavily promote the non-armor version of Baymax, who just looks like the cuddliest robot ever.

Car01:)

fictional characters can be role models and possess characteristics you might want your daughter to be exposed to. Think back to your favorite books. I'm not going to trash other princesses, but Tiana possesses a strong work ethic and doesn't need a prince to save her. However, I'm not inferring Anna and Elsa do. As a mother, I'm glad she is my daughter's favorite princess, and at age 19, she stills goes to see her at the MK when we go. Because, you see, we haven't lost the imagination it takes to forget for just a second that this princess is a person doing a job they were hired to do. So fictional yes, but not any less real. I can't believe I need to explain this on a Disney forum.
U are correct in every sense. It's a time where no cellphones get played with or tv gets turned on, no concept of time or day. It's time for family to b together and enjoy each other as well as the magic that Disney has to offer. So yes, my 14 year old understands they r not real but still becomes a mute when meeting characters but enjoys the experience altogether. My 5 yr old adores the opportunity to meet characters she sees on tv... to touch, see, and some talk & ask her name or hug. So yes, it is a job for them but it's the memories that r made and we can always relive though pictures or videos. If waiting in long lines isn't for u-great. Remember this is just a fun forum. My family has gone to Disney for 12 years and we have not or will not ever lose the magic! It's r home away from home, miss it when we leave and can't wait to go the next year.

Does anyone else think that it was a mistake to send Elsa and Anna to the Magic Kingdom?

Actually, something good might come out of the 3 to 4 hour wait times to see these characters. Like, Disney might finally limit character meets to children and not some adult who tries to have a conversation with an imaginary figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom