Elsa and Anna a bad thing?

thomas998

Does anyone else think that it was a mistake to send Elsa and Anna to the Magic Kingdom? It used to be when you walked into the Magic Kingdom families would take in Main Street and enjoy that moment together as a family. Now with 3 to 4 hour waits families are running down Main Street and dragging the happy children behind them. I have even heard on other sites that fights are breaking trying to get a spot in line or even worse line cutting. It just seems sad to me, but I have no idea how you would fix this type of issue either. Just curious if anyone else had any firsthand experience with this now that they have moved to the MK.

Have yet to experience it at MK, we did experience it at DL this spring... it was really annoying. Not sure how they do it at MK but at DL they don't start seeing kids until 11:00am and then finish at 4:00pm so it is a very limited amount of time they are even available... so you have lines that are insanely long... and to make matters worse you aren't going to be guaranteed that both of them will even be there when you get to the end of the line.

Frankly if they are the big draw right now then I think they need to eliminate Snow White from the Princess place and put them in there for a while, and if they wanted to make it easier at WDW put them in both MK and Epcot... maybe even stick them in Akershus for a character meal... the more they throw them out there the quicker the madness will die down and the quicker parents can stop having to wait in line for them.

tl77

Anna and Elsa started at the Studios, got moved to Epcot, and now are in MK, but I think they should be in all 3 locations, plus Akershaus and Cinderella's Royal Table till Frozen-mania dies down a bit, or before little kids start passing out or getting heat stroke from standing in 5 hour lines in the Florida summer sun

Figmentation

Well, from the blog which must not be named, Josh did a walk through on Saturday and posted yesterday what he saw. Every, single, place in MK was empty except for the queue to the Frozen characters.

It was walk on for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder. Only three people were on BTM, he was one of them.

So yeah, someone mentioned earlier.. if your going to the parks in the next few months.. its actually a good time to go because the rides will be empty until about 1 pm est.

Bairstow

I wonder how early the princesses actresses have to report to work to have makeup and hair finished and be ready for rope drop?

roj2323

Anna and Elsa started at the Studios, got moved to Epcot, and now are in MK, but I think they should be in all 3 locations, plus Akershaus and Cinderella's Royal Table till Frozen-mania dies down a bit, or before little kids start passing out or getting heat stroke from standing in 5 hour lines in the Florida summer sun

Where were they in Studios?

I really like your Character breakfast idea.

Figmentation

I wonder how early the princesses actresses have to report to work to have makeup and hair finished and be ready for rope drop?

Probably pretty early.
I wonder how many actresses they have for this role... considering they also need to take breaks too (Which doesn't help with the wait)

IWantMyMagicBand

We have an ADR at Crystal Palace for 8.20am. The kids have 20 minutes to eat and then we are hotfooting to PFH. If lines have built by 8.20 because of people in the park for breakfast then I will happily swallow the no show charge once we are inside the park. All three of mine are huge Frozen fans and my daughter was even born with a white streak in her hair but I am not waiting 3 hours let alone 5. We're not going til October though so hopefully it will have calmed a bit by then. We went to see Rapunzel in January 2012, the crowds were so low yet we waited an hour.

Figmentation

We have an ADR at Crystal Palace for 8.20am. The kids have 20 minutes to eat and then we are hotfooting to PFH. If lines have built by 8.20 because of people in the park for breakfast then I will happily swallow the no show charge once we are inside the park. All three of mine are huge Frozen fans and my daughter was even born with a white streak in her hair but I am not waiting 3 hours let alone 5. We're not going til October though so hopefully it will have calmed a bit by then. We went to see Rapunzel in January 2012, the crowds were so low yet we waited an hour.

Yeah by October, they should be good.. unless Disney pumps out a Frozen 2 by then. It wouldn't surprise me if they were to rush a second movie. But that would push the Finding Nemo sequal back too.

Meh.. hopefully hype for Nemo/Dory will calm it down too. Then Epcot will start getting slammed... lol

asianway

Where were they in Studios?

I really like your Character breakfast idea.
They did training there for one day in the Animation extended queue. Ever since then they've continued to do the training there, backstage, for CMs only. They were never truly there...

MarkTwain

Personally i think it was an awful idea to just move it to magic kingdom. I think the reason people were calm at Epcot because lets be honest there is a whole lot less exciting attractions in world showcase than in Fantasyland. It's got to be frustrating to be stuck in a 3 to 4 hour line without an E-Ticket as the payoff. I have 2 boys so i will never know that pain, but why not have them at both parks? You have Mickey at every park so kids won't really know the difference will they? And Norway had some excitement for a little while it's got to be a little like a ghost town compared to before. But one thing about girls and women is they will wait patiently 4 to 5 hours if its Anna, Elsa, or Bieber but they will trample you to the ground and drag your bloody carcass with their shopping cart if there is a 50% off sale at the mall.

I've generally seen their move to MK as a good thing, since PFH has the ability to handle multiple "rooms," but this is a good point. Epcot is a slower-paced park where a multiple-hour wait doesn't seem as much a subtraction from the day.

Having them at both parks would certainly be ideal, but I do understand if there aren't enough friends for that.

Matt_Black

MB, seriously...the public's enthusiasm over "Frozen" is awesome. I LIKE that part. But do you think the frenzy over "Frozen" merch and "Frozen" meet-and-greets is gonna last forever? I just stated the obvious.

It will abate, a bit, but I don't think it's going to disappear completely the way you and some others are predicting (hoping). After all, Rapunzel's movie is 3 & 1/2 years old at this point, and she pulls in decent sized lines still.

PARichards

It used to be when you walked into the Magic Kingdom families would take in Main Street and enjoy that moment together as a family.

Call me naive, but I kinda totally pictured this when I take my girls for the first time in September... I was not planning on going to see A&E without a FP+, but I *was* planning in starting in FL at RD, and that video that was recently posted just crushed my dreams! (I work nights and haven't slept much, so I say to myself, re: hyperbole.)

Back to the drawing board...?

EricJ

It will abate, a bit, but I don't think it's going to disappear completely the way you and some others are predicting (hoping). After all, Rapunzel's movie is 3 & 1/2 years old at this point, and she pulls in decent sized lines still.

And even though Legend of the Lion King was quickly thrown together to replace an old attraction with They-Like-Us Mania Du Jour, and quickly became a relic within two or three years, that doesn't mean Frozen's shelf-life will fall completely into the background within the same time frame...
It will, however, likely make us wonder what the heck we were thinking, and beat our heads against large solid objects. Especially if we were IN those lines.

HouCuseChickie

Is it a morning EMH day? If not, they don't normally let people into those parts of the park until 9am. I remember getting out of our CRT breakfast a couple of years ago just a little before 9am and nobody was permitted beyond the castle into Fantasyland until the park was officially open.

Matt_Black

And even though Legend of the Lion King was quickly thrown together to replace an old attraction with They-Like-Us Mania Du Jour, and quickly became a relic within two or three years, that doesn't mean Frozen's shelf-life will fall completely into the background within the same time frame...
It will, however, likely make us wonder what the heck we were thinking, and beat our heads against large solid objects. Especially if we were IN those lines.

I'm... trying to understand your point. The fact is, Festival of the Lion King shows that that film has remained very popular a full two decades after it's release.

ZodIsGr8

Original Poster
Call me naive, but I kinda totally pictured this when I take my girls for the first time in September... I was not planning on going to see A&E without a FP+, but I *was* planning in starting in FL at RD, and that video that was recently posted just crushed my dreams! (I work nights and haven't slept much, so I say to myself, re: hyperbole.)

Back to the drawing board...?
I would just modify and go to other sections first. On that same website they have a great plan on how to attack the park at rope drop. Also A&E are only there until 5pm so after that time FL should clear out a little plus you can FP FL attractions. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom