Elsa and Anna a bad thing?

ZodIsGr8

Original Poster
Does anyone else think that it was a mistake to send Elsa and Anna to the Magic Kingdom? It used to be when you walked into the Magic Kingdom families would take in Main Street and enjoy that moment together as a family. Now with 3 to 4 hour waits families are running down Main Street and dragging the happy children behind them. I have even heard on other sites that fights are breaking trying to get a spot in line or even worse line cutting. It just seems sad to me, but I have no idea how you would fix this type of issue either. Just curious if anyone else had any firsthand experience with this now that they have moved to the MK.

Redsky89

They are the latest big thing for Disney. Frozen is now the highest grossing animated film in history I'm in no shock of whats happening with wait times and stuff to meet them. I loved loved loved the movie myself. But again they are the biggest characters for Disney in a long while.

ZodIsGr8

Original Poster
I was more appalled by the parents rushing their children and the behavior of adults, but when I step back and think about I guess I am not really all that surprised.

Movie was great but does not rank in the classics in my humble opinion.

Tom Morrow

If only there was some way to avoid waiting in that 4 hour line!

Oh wait, there is. Just don't do it, because it is in no way, shape, or form, worth it to wait that long for a quick photo and maybe an autograph. Don't even tell the kids they are there, and they probably won't even notice.

ImagineerDude

Rope drop now looks like people are fleeing from a tsunami coming from seven seas lagoon.
It always has, but I really like this simile :p
It pretty much always has, but now that wave is only heading in one direction.
that's exactly what I was going to say. It's either a mad dash to Belle, PPF, Space Mountain, etc. It's always been bad. I'll see for myself how it is with Anna and Elsa in 3 days! I feel like people waiting in EPCOT were generally calm to my surprise even over Christmas. I'm just saying screw trying to see Anna and Elsa for this trip...

ninjaprincesst

I just don't understand why with the crazy popularity of the Frozen characters that they didn't both leave them in epcot and and add them to the MK. Other princesses are at multiple parks, it just makes sense to me to have them at more than one location to cut down on those insane lines.

Matt_Black

I just don't understand why with the crazy popularity of the Frozen characters that they didn't both leave them in epcot and and add them to the MK. Other princesses are at multiple parks, it just makes sense to me to have them at more than one location to cut down on those insane lines.

True, but, as noted in another thread, they don't have enough "friends" for Anna & Elsa yet. If they had them meet in two parks, it might be a staggered thing- mornings at MK, afternoons & early evenings at Epcot, which wouldn't cut the lines down much at all.

asianway

MK was the last place that needed this kind of circus. They'd have been better off doing a half baked CS overlay to use the room there and spread the VIPs around WS in international outfits.

MerMom1981

This is the only thing that makes me glad we're not going until next year. My daughter is 6. She's old enough to know that, of course A&E are there. I'd love to have her meet them, but I refuse to flush theentire morning for a M&G.

Hopefully, people will get ahold of themselves in the next 367 days and we'll be able to enjoy a drama-free M&G. OR (please, please, please!) they'll add the girls to Akershaus! A girl can dream!

Wildflower

Also I think the space in Norway wasn't designed for a popular M&G so it made a madhouse out of much of the central area of the pavillion.

Weather_Lady

The "transition" of these two Princess was not handled well, in the sense that Disney put them in a place where there simply wasn't adequate queuing space. It's not like the demand was a surprise!

A more prudent course would have been to move them into Town Square Theater until the furor died down and wait to put them in PFTH until the queue there could handle it -- even if it took a year or so. (If necessary, move Mickey and have him join Donald and Goofy in Storybook Circus.) Yes, it's not thematically appropriate, but these are desperate times, and princesses have been shoehorned into Town Square Theater before. Make 4 separate M&G rooms for Anna/Elsa in Town Square and devote the entire space to them (with both meeting from park opening to park closing daily), so that the crowds and waits can be adequately managed. Not only that, but nobody need sprint across the park to get there. Guests wanting to get there at rope drop can go there directly and be out of the way of everyone else.

But of course, Disney never asks for my advice on these things... ;)

Dads 2 Boys

I think they should also have them at DHS. The more locations, the better chance kids (and parents) have at seeing them and reduce the lines @ Epcot and now MK.

Frozen is so incredibly big right now.....might be bigger than any other Disney movie characters ever.

kucarachi

Personally i think it was an awful idea to just move it to magic kingdom. I think the reason people were calm at Epcot because lets be honest there is a whole lot less exciting attractions in world showcase than in Fantasyland. It's got to be frustrating to be stuck in a 3 to 4 hour line without an E-Ticket as the payoff. I have 2 boys so i will never know that pain, but why not have them at both parks? You have Mickey at every park so kids won't really know the difference will they? And Norway had some excitement for a little while it's got to be a little like a ghost town compared to before. But one thing about girls and women is they will wait patiently 4 to 5 hours if its Anna, Elsa, or Bieber but they will trample you to the ground and drag your bloody carcass with their shopping cart if there is a 50% off sale at the mall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom