Ellen's Energy Adventure technical problems

lego606

MagicBandit
Not gonna happen anytime soon. She's uber-popular.

EEA doesn't bode well for the concept of the celebrity actor in theme park. It has a currently uber-popular star, and still seems to be running on empty. I imagine some of the draw that remains (other than naps) is Ellen, and when her name is out of the public mind...

Look no further than Cranium Command, which long overstayed the popularity of its actors. Nobody went in there anymore after people stopped knowing who the celebs were.

Clever Name

EEA just needs to be reworked and get a new sponsor. Walt Disney was all about selling stuff to the public. The World of Motion sold the idea that GM built good cars. Test Track sells Chevy's. The Energy Adventure used to sell Exxon. CoP sold GE appliances. I could go on, but Walt wanted big money sponsors and in return he provided great advertising promotions.

EEA is a perfect fit for the TransCanada Corporation to sell their keystone pipeline extension down to the gulf states. The entire project is a nasty mess but Disney could put together a show that would convince the public that the keystone pipeline extension is beneficial (other than to the oil companies) and downplay the environmental problems.

Disney has always been great at creating propaganda and I'm sure they could make TransCanada Corporation look like a benevolent servant to the energy needs of the USA!

Admiral01

Premium Member
I liked the rainbow paint job.

I don't think kids know the celebs are dating the attraction. They just see it for what it is.

I still think Ellen is a good ride.

Not to be argumentative, but why does it matter if kids don't realize celebrities are dating the attraction? The argument that always revolves back to kids somehow being OK with the quality of attractions being lowered is a really poor excuse. Kids also are OK with high quality attractions. So, if kids are OK either way, and adults (who pay to take the kids to WDW) want high quality, then the attractions should strive for high quality.

I can't stand the whole "WDW is for kids and only kids" position. WDW is a place for both adults and kids, and should strive to entertain both.

HMF

EEA is a perfect fit for the TransCanada Corporation to sell their keystone pipeline extension down to the gulf states. The entire project is a nasty mess but Disney could put together a show that would convince the public that the keystone pipeline extension is beneficial (other than to the oil companies) and downplay the environmental problems.

Disney has always been great at creating propaganda and I'm sure they could make TransCanada Corporation look like a benevolent servant to the energy needs of the USA!
That is exactly the kind of thing I don't want to happen.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
EEA just needs to be reworked and get a new sponsor. Walt Disney was all about selling stuff to the public. The World of Motion sold the idea that GM built good cars. Test Track sells Chevy's. The Energy Adventure used to sell Exxon. CoP sold GE appliances. I could go on, but Walt wanted big money sponsors and in return he provided great advertising promotions.

Where Disney dropped the ball on the cross-promotional idea is when they started sticking their own self-promotional ideas into every ride/show. That's part of why they lost sponsors (among many other reasons, the primary ones being of course, cost cutting measures by sponsors who felt that the "billboard" at Disney wasn't worth the expense)...

That being said, Disney could easily be turned into a marketplace, especially EPCOT Futureworld...but the good PR just isn't worth it anymore.

You have to remember, Kodak, for example, ran film plants that literally were biohazards to the local community (take Kingsport for example), and stunk up the whole city...back when they supported the first Imagination ride.

They wanted some good wholesome family PR.

Admiral01

Premium Member
^ Agreed. The Disney acquisition of ABC in 1996, and the company's cross-promotion of the ABC brand into WDW, is really evident in EEA. Way too much in my opinion. Not as bad as Superstar Limo from DCA 1.0, but really evident. ABC Commissary at DHS fits the theme. EEA doesn't fit the theme of EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom