Downtown Disney's United World Soccer closing to be replaced with a Disney operated Marvel store

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, Apr 12. West Side Downtown Disney storefront for the former United World Soccer with window coverings for new store: "Super Hero Headquarters."

IMG_5285.JPG

If you are wondering what became of United World Soccer, they have relocated to a trailer on the way to the West Side parking lot, near Cirque du Soleil.

IMG_5288.JPG

Bolt

Photo update as of Sunday, Apr 12. West Side Downtown Disney storefront for the former United World Soccer with window coverings for new store: "Super Hero Headquarters."

View attachment 89683

If you are wondering what became of United World Soccer, they have relocated to a trailer on the way to the West Side parking lot, near Cirque du Soleil.

View attachment 89684
Makes me believe that they will move to the Town Center since they seem to be hanging around.

Princess A

Excited already! We are arriving on the 26th April to stay for two weeks, so hoping the store will be open at least from the 1st May. My boyfriend wants an Iron Man t-shirt. :p We will have seen the new film already, as it comes out 23rd April here.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

View attachment 89683

View attachment 89684

So it looks like the idea that they will not be using the Marvel name might be true.

dvitali

Did you known that DC and Marvel own the trademark on the word Super-Heroes? So Universal Marvel Super-Heroes Island should really be call the Island (and it really not a island).

Mickey_777

D-street is pretty much next door and they have a lot of Marvel Merch. I wonder if they'll still carry the super hero related stuff they have now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom