Downtown Disney's United World Soccer closing to be replaced with a Disney operated Marvel store

djkidkaz

I hope that since its a disney operated store that they spend some cash and theme it properly. I don't want just another store where they throw up some shelving and put the same ol marvel merchandise they already sell at dstreet. Theme the exterior and the interior to something really cool.

Animaniac93-98

I hope that since its a disney operated store that they spend some cash and theme it properly. I don't want just another store where they throw up some shelving and put the same ol marvel merchandise they already sell at dstreet. Theme the exterior and the interior to something really cool.

If they want it ready for May 1, I don't think they'll be able to do much theming.

CaptainAmerica

Demolition of the existing space is expected to be completed in record time.

4301026-5622927071-40824.gif

doctornick

If they want it ready for May 1, I don't think they'll be able to do much theming.

Who says that the decor is not already being made off site? It's not like that's something they'd do on location and this change to a Marvel store could have been in the works for quite some time.

My one question: is the store big enough that it could feature a M&G? I think conceivably they could have a M&G in DTD without violating the contract with Uni. That would allow them to promote the latest Marvel film at WDW even if it can't be done in the parks.

mm121

agreed would be cool if they made it something special, though i dont think the space is big enough to do anything super grand.

would be cool if they redid rethemed disney quest to marvel, that could be good

and would maybe be a way around the contract,
Who says that the decor is not already being made off site? It's not like that's something they'd do on location and this change to a Marvel store could have been in the works for quite some time.

My one question: is the store big enough that it could feature a M&G? I think conceivably they could have a M&G in DTD without violating the contract with Uni. That would allow them to promote the latest Marvel film at WDW even if it can't be done in the parks.

a meet and greet would be cool but i dont see it happening as there isn't necessarily a good way to monotize it outside of the parks.

Magenta Panther

... Oh man, I will have to keep The Hubz out of that place.

PS: I'm shocked, shocked I say - that the store wasn't a FROZEN store.

Yes, much better that the store is themed to something Bob Iger bought than something the Walt Disney Animation Studio created. :p

Anyway, at least the Marvel junk will be sold in DD rather than in the Magic Kingdom. Thank God for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom