Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyhead'71

Restaurants are going to have to adapt to the new environment. Even if calories on a menu are not mandated nation wide, I can pull it up on my phone in seconds. I and many others do make decisions on where I go and what I eat based on what those numbers tell me.
If you look at calorie count lists, you probably should just avoid places with words like Cheesecake and Factory in their names unless you can find an Edemame Warehouse.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yeah this guy is an ***hole.

Was on Small World recently. Had the nerve to point out everything wrong with the attraction from start to finish.

Poor little girl in front of us couldn't experience the ride at all because she was upset about things not working.

He totally ruined that ride for that family and annoyed the hell out of me.
Maybe it is just me, but thanks to Twitter and the constant need for attention shown by many Disney bloggers, I am having a hard time seeing them as anything other than this....

_wsb_386x256_CORB6729.JPG

Ignohippo

As someone mentioned before, Bobby Flay or Guy Feyrri being there would be great. A partnership with the Food Network and some of their on air folks would be sure to drive business. I'm pretty excited to see something that appears substantial being built, even though I would love to see more being done in the parks themselves.

That's exactly what they need! Make it so! They got Cat Corra for the Boardwalk, so hopefully we'll get lucky.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you look at calorie count lists, you probably should just avoid places with words like Cheesecake and Factory in their names unless you can find an Edemame Warehouse.
Quite true.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the crap food that will put me in an early grave and have no vendetta against the places that sell it. I just like it in moderation and having the data makes that at least possible.

muteki

The vendors have been involved in this for months, they know all they need to know. Today was about the public.

Things are moving quicker than I expected then if they have most of the vendors signed up already. Fingers crossed this actually gets built this time around.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'm kind of surprised they don't have it set up in front of a green-screen for their announcements, pretty much blue-skies any time they need it!
If they still had a working studio at DHS, they could surely create an beautiful sunny day inside and none would be the wiser. :p

InsiderImagine

Maybe it is just me, but thanks to Twitter and the constant need for attention shown by many Disney bloggers, I am having a hard time seeing them as anything other than this....

_wsb_386x256_CORB6729.JPG
Yea. He whined the whole time on the attraction about the dolls and how some of them were not working properly.

I wanted to turn around and slap him but I am sure he would of whined to Disney and got free stuff out of it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Things are moving quicker than I expected then if they have most of the vendors signed up already. Fingers crossed this actually gets built this time around.
It is definitely going ahead, and they have been working with vendors on this for a long time now. Once this thing is done, I think everyone will be glad that they did abort Hyperion Wharf. The new project is significantly better.

bhg469

Didn't DisneyQuest have a Cheesecake Factory for a few years? Pretty sure that was the first CF I ever encountered.
I had the same first experience with cheesecake factory as you. The "express" was an understatement. I recall a few sandwiches and 1/4 the dessert menu as an actual cf location. When one opened here I didn't expect the menu to be so huge.

Ignohippo

They have a working relationship with Landry's, and that company has come up with original concepts for many similar areas around the country (including Disney). Those of us on internet message boards aren't the innovators here, we're just the ones that are saying, "Sorry, but you can do better."

Yes, and aren't Landry's expected to have at least 2 new concepts as part of Disney Springs? There aren't too many other companies (with unique and innovative concepts) out there like Landry's.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If it makes you guys feel any better, one of my best friends who works at BBB just texted me confirming that they're telling cast members about it today... Shouldn't be too long before we get an official announcement!
Yes the plan was for public announcement, along with briefing to WDW leaders and cast. The public announcement has been delayed from the original plan, but the cast presentations are going ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom