Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignohippo

Agreed on quick-serve, but completely wrong re: table service outside of Spring Break/Christmas week. T-Rex will have a wait, but the "grown-up" restaurants rarely do. There's no need for a half dozen new CFs/PF Changs/CPKs/whatevers in DTD.

Where do you get that info? I've never been to DTD when there hasn't been at least a 30-minute wait at night at any of non-quick service restaurants.

RunnerEd

As someone mentioned before, Bobby Flay or Guy Feyrri being there would be great. A partnership with the Food Network and some of their on air folks would be sure to drive business. I'm pretty excited to see something that appears substantial being built, even though I would love to see more being done in the parks themselves.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Where do you get that info? I've never been to DTD when there hasn't been at least a 30-minute wait at night at any of non-quick service restaurants.
You are right, all of the restaurants are slammed every night. There is a reason that Disney need to add dining capacity - and they have the lines every night to prove it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
How much free unused indoor space do they have all over property and they are going to delay a press conference over rain? Is having a sunny backdrop that important? Why not just move it to the Festival-World-Place-Convention-Show Center?
You want to do media interviews for a Downtown Disney project at someplace other than Downtown Disney? Not gonna happen. They will do it when feel it is right, so hold tight. There is no need for them to be in a tent at Epcot to do this today.

Ignohippo

I really like all of these restaurants, but at the same time, these are things I can get at home.

That's true but there aren't many unique restaurants out there. There needs to be a good mix. As long as there's a good 50/50 split between unique and chain, I'll be happy.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
More than likely, there's a Burger 21 (from Tampa) going in. Not the most exciting option, but I hear it's good. At least it isn't (mmmm....average) Red Robin.

Ed Debevik's from Chicago would be fun. I'll have to look up Bobby's Burger Palace.
I always thought Ed Debevik's would be great, but the problem is the international tourists likely wouldn't understand the humor, and even if that were out of the equation, Americans are stupid and don't research what they are going into before they go there! With the toning down that has already happened at Whispering Canyon due to guest complaints, Ed Debevik's would probably surpass transportation for the most complaints at WDW. Ok not really, but you get my point.

Still cool that someone else thought it would be fun though! I went to the location in Milwaukee when I was high school and it was a blast!

Ignohippo

I always thought Ed Debevik's would be great, but the problem is the international tourists likely wouldn't understand the humor, and even if that were out of the equation, Americans are stupid and don't research what they are going into before they go there! With the toning down that has already happened at Whispering Canyon due to guest complaints, Ed Debevik's would probably surpass transportation for the most complaints at WDW. Ok not really, but you get my point.

Still cool that someone else thought it would be fun though! I went to the location in Milwaukee when I was high school and it was a blast!

So true. Sad, but true.

We were there once when someone at the table next to us asked for straws. The waitress threw a whole box of straws at them. Straws everywhere. Hilarious.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I'm kind of surprised they don't have it set up in front of a green-screen for their announcements, pretty much blue-skies any time they need it!

Cody5242

Ricky Brigante is tweeting about how WDWMAGIC made this all up just like the whole carsland being announced in December and that they used the rain as an excuse.... Oh and one guy said "BUT THEY HAVE INSIDERS!!!"

RSoxNo1

That's true but there aren't many unique restaurants out there. There needs to be a good mix. As long as there's a good 50/50 split between unique and chain, I'll be happy.
They have a working relationship with Landry's, and that company has come up with original concepts for many similar areas around the country (including Disney). Those of us on internet message boards aren't the innovators here, we're just the ones that are saying, "Sorry, but you can do better."

muteki

You want to do media interviews for a Downtown Disney project at someplace other than Downtown Disney? Not gonna happen. They will do it when feel it is right, so hold tight. There is no need for them to be in a tent at Epcot to do this today.

I see this announcement as more of something for potential vendors/investors and the like, not the general public. I don't think they (the vendors/investors) care about a pretty backdrop.

When they want to get the hype train really rolling to start getting the general public's attention then yeah, do it at DTD. But I don't think this is supposed to be a ground breaking or anything.

When they announced Avatar or Carsland, were they in AK or DCA at the time?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ed Debevik's would probably surpass transportation for the most complaints at WDW. Ok not really, but you get my point.

Oh yummy, Debevik's! We should only be that fortunate.

InsiderImagine

Ricky Brigante is tweeting about how WDWMAGIC made this all up just like the whole carsland being announced in December and that they used the rain as an excuse.... Oh and one guy said "BUT THEY HAVE INSIDERS!!!"

yeah this guy is an ***hole.

Was on Small World recently. Had the nerve to point out everything wrong with the attraction from start to finish.

Poor little girl in front of us couldn't experience the ride at all because she was upset about things not working.

He totally ruined that ride for that family and annoyed the hell out of me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I see this announcement as more of something for potential vendors/investors and the like, not the general public. I don't think they (the vendors/investors) care about a pretty backdrop.

When they want to get the hype train really rolling to start getting the general public's attention then yeah, do it at DTD. But I don't think this is supposed to be a ground breaking or anything.

When they announced Avatar or Carsland, were they in AK or DCA at the time?
The vendors have been involved in this for months, they know all they need to know. Today was about the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom