Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLink

I totally agree, but name some! There aren't many out there that aren't already in the area.

I'm especially interested in "draw" restaurants but I can't think of any that aren't already at City Walk or DTD.

How about a London Orlando? Or Craft Orlando?

shannon12

Cheesecake Factory is fine I guess but it's just beyond me why anyone would fly to a resort for a vacation far from their home and go to a place you can eat at in most malls.

It's like the Olive Garden in Times Square. You're in the city that perfected Italian-American food! It's everywhere!

OLIVE GARDEN?
Olive Garden in Times Square is a huge pet peeve of mine. Whenever I have to walk past there the frikkin line is out the door....

71jason

Absolutely! Hopefully they'll find the perfect mix. IMO, DTD is currently woefully short of every option, as evidenced by the enormous wait times on most nights.

Agreed on quick-serve, but completely wrong re: table service outside of Spring Break/Christmas week. T-Rex will have a wait, but the "grown-up" restaurants rarely do. There's no need for a half dozen new CFs/PF Changs/CPKs/whatevers in DTD.

openendedsky

Hmm...I guess that makes sense...

Did Disney invite a lot of media to this event? I guess if they did, everyone will just come back tomorrow? Seems like an announcement like this would be a rain or shine type thing. Oh well...

Guess we just have to talk more about the Tangled Toilets.
I've heard they're the best toilets in the whole Orlando metropolitan.

This is disappointing, though, but I can't say I'm surprised.

djkidkaz

Its not expected to clear up today according to weather reports. Its supposed to rain until 3pm EST and then be cloudy through tomorrow.

Not sure why CM's would be made aware of the plans before it goes public. They know that as soon as the cast gets the info its leaking onto the net in seconds.

And if Igers scheduled to be on CNBC today, its obviously due to this announcement. So are they just rescheduling him since he wouldn't be discussing the DTD plans anymore?

Ignohippo

Hardly a soapbox, just an opinion. All I was stating was that I'm not a Cheesecake factory fan and would prefer something else. Its irrelevant anyway since its inclusion in the new plan hasn't even been hinted at in any of the info any of us have seen so far.

Understood (sure sounded like a soapbox though).

Isn't it just stoopid the things we find to bicker about on these boards!?!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Its not expected to clear up today according to weather reports. Its supposed to rain until 3pm EST and then be cloudy through tomorrow.

Not sure why CM's would be made aware of the plans before it goes public. They know that as soon as the cast gets the info its leaking onto the net in seconds.

And if Igers scheduled to be on CNBC today, its obviously due to this announcement. So are they just rescheduling him since he wouldn't be discussing the DTD plans anymore?

Right, it seems like there are a lot of moving parts here. Rescheduling to get a blue sky picture seems silly.

DocMcHulk

Unknown timetable beyond today. Tom Staggs is in town for the announcement though, so unless he is going to return back to the west coast and then head back, you would think it would be sooner rather than later. The internal presentations are still going ahead however.
Was there going to be a public presentation for the press?

muteki

How much free unused indoor space do they have all over property and they are going to delay a press conference over rain? Is having a sunny backdrop that important? Why not just move it to the Festival-World-Place-Convention-Show Center?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My neighbor was brought in from Boston to Open a new location by me On Long Island. He said the amount of money they were taking in was insane UNTIL, The Government fored them to post calories on the menu....60% drop in business and 1/2 the staff was let go.

I did Buy an entire Cheesecake from ther last year for Fathers Day which we brought to my In-laws and devoured.

It was 12,000 calories and $52.00 for a 10 inch cake.....
Restaurants are going to have to adapt to the new environment. Even if calories on a menu are not mandated nation wide, I can pull it up on my phone in seconds. I and many others do make decisions on where I go and what I eat based on what those numbers tell me.

RSoxNo1

Maggiano's, possibly. Another cool thing to see would be something like The Melting Pot. But both of these are within a ten minute drive from Disney as it is.

PF Changs?
I really like all of these restaurants, but at the same time, these are things I can get at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom