Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Universal Studios Japan would be a great example then as it's Uni's most popular park and is inching closer and closer to the Tokyo Disney parks in attendance every year.

OK, I give. It seems 'studios' has been expanded to mean theming as if there was an active studio production to tour even if there wasn't. And maybe taking on the other meaning of the products of a certain studio or group of studios, as in, "come and see attractions based on the movies our studios have made!"

So, maybe it'll be renamed "Disney, Pixar, LucasFilm, and the Superhero One... Studios Theme Park"! The ellipses are for further acquisitions. ;)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If* Epcot is to get the rumored "Center" added back to it's name; I wonder if Disney has considered adding "Center" to DHS's new name for brand awareness through repeating name symmetry.

Animal Kingdom : Magic Kingdom
Epcot Center : "Insert Name Here" Center

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Well, if there ever was an appropriate use for "Ipcot", applying it to DHS makes the most sense.
If you think about it everything in every park in WDW is an IP. Which is why I have to wonder what the freaking upset is about. It is either an original Disney IP or acquired new Disney IP or a borrowed and licensed IP. There is so much ado about nothing. If it is presented well, is enjoyable it doesn't matter one iota if the idea came from some guy on Disney's payroll or one the was purchased from a guy that didn't work for Disney at the time. There is no difference, people should just decide if the idea is a good one, if it is done right and if one enjoys it. If it passes all those things... Welcome to WDW. or any other Disney park.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If you think about it everything in every park in WDW is an IP. Which is why I have to wonder what the freaking upset is about. It is either an original Disney IP or acquired new Disney IP or a borrowed and licensed IP. There is so much ado about nothing. If it is presented good, is enjoyable it doesn't matter one iota if the idea came from some guy on Disney's payroll or one the was purchased from a guy that didn't work for Disney at the time. There is no difference, people should just decide it the idea is a good one, if it is done right and if one enjoys it. If it passes all those things... Welcome to WDW. or any other Disney park.

You've reached the Acceptance stage. Congrats you made it through Disney's IP'd to Death Stages of Understanding. I think most of us are still in Denial. The Armchair Imagineers are in the Bargaining stage.

jmuboy

You've reached the Acceptance stage. Congrats you made it through Disney's IP'd to Death Stages of Understanding. I think most of us are still in Denial. The Armchair Imagineers are in the Bargaining stage.
Welcome to Six Flags over Disney World ..... we began with class but now offer trash.

Enjoy your visit!

Goofyernmost

Welcome to Six Flags over Disney World ..... we began with class but now offer trash.

Enjoy your visit!
WDW is hardly trash, Using outside IP's, which they have been doing for years and years does not make it trashy. Does anyone think that the story about Snow White, Pinocchio and even the beloved Mary Poppins, was an original idea created by Disney. It was not! The story was an outside IP and Disney interpreted it in the Disney way. If people are going to get all knotted up over things, at least know what you are talking about and what it means. Or make it easy and stop listening to the self righteous few that think they know how everything should be. They are wrong many, many times and are only going by what they think it should be and not the reality of how it has always been. In our new era we can call it "alternative fact".

Movielover

WDW is hardly trash, Using outside IP's, which they have been doing for years and years does not make it trashy. Does anyone think that the story about Snow White, Pinocchio and even the beloved Mary Poppins, was an original idea created by Disney. It was not! The story was an outside IP and Disney interpreted it in the Disney way. If people are going to get all knotted up over things, at least know what you are talking about and what it means. Or make it easy and stop listening to the self righteous few that think they know how everything should be. They are wrong many, many times and are only going by what they think it should be and not the reality of how it has always been. In our new era we can call it "alternative fact".

I raise my glass to you sir!

standing-ovation.gif

Magenta Panther

Here's why I like the name "Disney's Movieland": because we have Adventureland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, etc. The name fits with the rest of the Disney parks' naming aesthetic. Now, admittedly, "Hollywoodland" would fit the bill as well, but it's kind of too much of a mouthful IMO.

DrewmanS

Disney('s) Movie Adventure

While "Hollywood" has been synonymous with movies, the reality is most movies are no longer made there and I think there have always been issues with a park in Florida with Hollywood in the name.

Except for RnRC (which will likely be re-themed at some point) everything else is related to a Theatre and/or TV show and fits the broad definition of a movie. Where the theme of the "Studios" was to allow guests to see behind the camera, the "Adventure" theme puts you into the movie. Your not going to Hollywood anymore, you are entering the movies. The immersive world of SWL, kids playing in Andy's back yard, experience the Twilight Zone, sit in the audience of a Muppet Show. GMR is a retrospect of great movies, but the new Mickey ride might put people into the middle of the cartoon world. The outlier to this theme will be Indy, but hopefully this will be replaced at some point with its own immersive land and rides.

Karakasa

Disney Movie Adventure sounds really weird to me. Given like half the park won't be in a movie studio theme any longer, Disney Studio Adventure won't work either.
Maybe Disney Adventure Park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom