Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

HowAboutDisney

I think DHS has been taking a lot of hits lately with the lack of attractions, so I think they will wait and give us the new name along with the new rides.. I wouldn’t want to muddy up the new name with the park in its current state..

World_Showcase_Lover007

I think the word "Movie" in the name would be even less fitting than "Hollywood" or "Studios."

I agree that movie will likely not be used in the new name, but for different reasons. Industry people now refer to everything as a "film" no matter whether it is a live action movie, documentary, or animated feature. It's kind of nauseating hearing people speak of how they screened a wonderful "film" somewhere, but that's how they talk now.

solidyne

I agree that movie will likely not be used in the new name, but for different reasons. Industry people now refer to everything as a "film" no matter whether it is a live action movie, documentary, or animated feature. It's kind of nauseating hearing people speak of how they screened a wonderful "film" somewhere, but that's how they talk now.
Bugs me, too. All the more reason to use "the movies"! There's nothing less magical than a "film."

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but I saw on youtube the other a "WDW Vacation Planner '94" and saw the name of Hollywood Studios named Disney Studios instead of like MGM (which I personally never heard it be called Disney Studios) but I feel personally feel like that maybe Disney Studios might be a good name for the new name even though there is no studio aspect anymore. but here is the video with the other name for MGM

PizzaPlanet

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but I saw on youtube the other a "WDW Vacation Planner '94" and saw the name of Hollywood Studios named Disney Studios instead of like MGM (which I personally never heard it be called Disney Studios) but I feel personally feel like that maybe Disney Studios might be a good name for the new name even though there is no studio aspect anymore. but here is the video with the other name for MGM

For whatever reason they weren't allowed to use MGM in certain marketing materials, which included home video. So MGM was simply left out of the name.

Sam Magic

I honestly don't think they need to change the name again. Calling Epcot Epcot makes no actual sense. The only thing it lives up to being in that acronym is experimental. At least everything in DHS is still technically Disney.

JeffH

I've found that whenever I refer to it as Hollywood Studios most every (non-Disney) people that I know immediately think I'm talking about Universal, so the new name needs to address that problem, so I'd think both Hollywood and Studios must go. The only park whose name specifically (somewhat) addresses the contents of the park is Animal Kingdom (although Pandora deviates from that), so we don't need to try to describe this park, so the name could be abstract and unrelated to the contents of the park. And with the proliferation of parks in the area, perhaps every park should begin with "Disney's...". I think "Disney's Florida Adventure(s)" would strongly tie it to the 'Disney' brand and provide a mirror to the west coast park (I'm not sure why they call that (DCA) Park?) without tying it down to a specific theme.

Disney4family

I think "Disney's Florida Adventure(s)" would strongly tie it to the 'Disney' brand and provide a mirror to the west coast park (I'm not sure why they call that (DCA) Park?) without tying it down to a specific theme.
Aren't they getting rid of "California" in that park's name?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I've found that whenever I refer to it as Hollywood Studios most every (non-Disney) people that I know immediately think I'm talking about Universal, so the new name needs to address that problem, so I'd think both Hollywood and Studios must go. The only park whose name specifically (somewhat) addresses the contents of the park is Animal Kingdom (although Pandora deviates from that), so we don't need to try to describe this park, so the name could be abstract and unrelated to the contents of the park. And with the proliferation of parks in the area, perhaps every park should begin with "Disney's...". I think "Disney's Florida Adventure(s)" would strongly tie it to the 'Disney' brand and provide a mirror to the west coast park (I'm not sure why they call that (DCA) Park?) without tying it down to a specific theme.
I assume they call it Disney California Adventure Park similarly to Magic Kingdom Park.

No Name

What don't you get about Disney California Adventure? The theme is California. That's the specific theme. You can argue that they're not doing a good job with that, but at the end of the day, its California.

Disney's Florida Adventure would not mirror that, because the theme of DHS is not Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom