Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Wishing Star

I just hope that the new name will fit the entire park. Will be hard to come up with something enticing that fits SW Land, Toy Story/Pixar......and then the rest of the park that's more Hollywood/California and show focused.

brb1006

Maybe they might finally reveal the new name at D23 right?
f7887bab3caa635ac703a6fb6e957129.gif

Wishing Star

would love the name to be announced this weekend. But I wonder if they'll wait until 2019 to officially unveil it. Same year as SW Land being done.

roj2323

would love the name to be announced this weekend. But I wonder if they'll wait until 2019 to officially unveil it. Same year as SW Land being done.

I don't know. I have a feeling they might announce what it will be and when it will change. This is to say, I honestly don't believe it will be something that just appears overnight as a surprise. They will need to give people time to get used to the new name before it goes into place. Besides if the new name goes over really really badly, they will have time to change their minds.

Mabel Pines

I don't know. I have a feeling they might announce what it will be and when it will change. This is to say, I honestly don't believe it will be something that just appears overnight as a surprise. They will need to give people time to get used to the new name before it goes into place. Besides if the new name goes over really really badly, they will have time to change their minds.
yeah kind of like they did with disney springs. i remember knowing it would be changed to disney springs long before they changed the signs on the buses. i think it's a really good idea but I don't remember if that's what they did when it changed from MGM to DHS

disneyworlddad

I think you will see Hollywood Experience. They want you to come and experience what "life" is like IN those movies and events. You become a toy when you enter TSL, you become a "character" in SWE once you start participating, and that "experience" can follow you around the area. Even in Muppets Courtyard you have new themeing with Rizzo's.

Just a gut feel, but to me Disney's Hollywood Experience just makes sense.

I like this - I just have a feeling they won't do Adventure since Universal has Isle of Adventure right next door.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

HMF

yeah kind of like they did with disney springs. i remember knowing it would be changed to disney springs long before they changed the signs on the buses. i think it's a really good idea but I don't remember if that's what they did when it changed from MGM to DHS
We did know about the switch from MGM to DHS months in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom