Disney's Hollywood Studios Name Change

Phicinfan

I think you will see Hollywood Experience. They want you to come and experience what "life" is like IN those movies and events. You become a toy when you enter TSL, you become a "character" in SWE once you start participating, and that "experience" can follow you around the area. Even in Muppets Courtyard you have new themeing with Rizzo's.

Just a gut feel, but to me Disney's Hollywood Experience just makes sense.

No Name

I think the word "Movie" in the name would be even less fitting than "Hollywood" or "Studios." The Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are not movie rides. And the Muppets and Mickey Mouse are questionable, since they did not originate in movies. So half of the park wouldn't fit the name.

And it also severely limits future ideas. What if a non-movie opportinity comes along? If Universal Studios was called Universal Movieland, they'd be in trouble now with Nintendo.

Luckily they have an adaptable name. DHS needs an adapatable name as well.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think the word "Movie" in the name would be even less fitting than "Hollywood" or "Studios." The Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are not movie rides. And the Muppets and Mickey Mouse are questionable, since they did not originate in movies. So half of the park wouldn't fit the name.
I think the reason people think "Hollywood" will remain in the name is to keep the front half of the park in theme. I am hoping that they don't mess with ToT and there's enough to do in the rest of the park so it makes sense to leave that area alone. The "Studios" part is what needs to go. The active studio stuff is gone.

Technically Steamboat Willy was a short film and Mickey's first appearance. The Muppets started on TV but they do have a number of movies. If the rumblings were true and both RnRC and ToT got rethemed to something from a movie then pretty much all of the rides/attractions would be movie based.
And it also severely limits future ideas. What if a non-movie opportinity comes along? If Universal Studios was called Universal Movieland, they'd be in trouble now with Nintendo.

Luckily they have an adaptable name. DHS needs an adapatable name as well.
I don't see how Nintendo is any better fit at a park called Universal Studios as it would be at Universal Movieland. I also don't think it necessarily matters. Universal (and it's fanboys) are less stringent on rules.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why not Walt Disney Studios?

Traditionally, the term 'Studio' in a theme park meant you were going to get a tour of a working studio where they were filming for movies and TV. And, when Disney-MGM Studios opened, it was indeed an active studio.

But, it then pretty quickly stopped being an active studio and the whole theme of the park is changing. So, 'studios' in the title would be confusing.

Movielover

Traditionally, the term 'Studio' in a theme park meant you were going to get a tour of a working studio where they were filming for movies and TV. And, when Disney-MGM Studios opened, it was indeed an active studio.

But, it then pretty quickly stopped being an active studio and the whole theme of the park is changing. So, 'studios' in the title would be confusing.

n018348_2050jan01_studio-park-entrance_900x360.jpg

Yeah, because this is an full fledged active film studio...

tenor.gif

Kman101

I always thought they should have put Walt Disney Studios in Anaheim as their second gate (with the plussed DCA theming, not the lackluster areas in WDS). A nice nod to Walt and plays on their studios. But I guess it could have been seen as trying to be like Universal Hollywood. And maybe that could have left room for a third park where they wouldn't have to shoehorn things into DCA and Disneyland. But I digress ...

lazyboy97o

I always thought they should have put Walt Disney Studios in Anaheim as their second gate (with the plussed DCA theming, not the lackluster areas in WDS). A nice nod to Walt and plays on their studios. But I guess it could have been seen as trying to be like Universal Hollywood. And maybe that could have left room for a third park where they wouldn't have to shoehorn things into DCA and Disneyland. But I digress ...
There were thoughts to do something at the actual Studio.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom