Disneyland Resort Buys Even More Property

D

Deleted member 107043

You know, I can't remember if there really is a drag club next door to the Little Boy Blue, or if I made it up. LOL

Again, I must defer to Hans on this one. He's stayed at the Little Boy Blue so many times he's basically part owner now.

I stayed there ONCE, and it was way back in the 90s during a period when I was short on cash. My ex and I wanted to go to Disneyland, so we decided to stay a night in a cheap motel nearby. Never again.

Phroobar

Wouldn't take much effort on Duffy's part to dress up as his girlfriend would it?
Wait a minute! I didn't know Han's was into Furries.

img_0678.jpg

TP2000

With the small hotel and now this land behind it the Mouse could certainly make a nice parking structure with a connecting bridge...

That's exactly the plan that Miceage Updates have been talking about for years. Of course people claimed that Al Lutz and his "Miceage crew" was making it all up back then. :rolleyes:

NiarrNDisney

That's exactly the plan that Miceage Updates have been talking about for years. Of course people claimed that Al Lutz and his "Miceage crew" was making it all up back then. :rolleyes:

Well I guess we will see in the not to far off future. Wonder if they are looking as any of the other properties in that adjacent area?

TP2000

You think so? I would wonder if they might want more land for a future expansion like a resort

I would doubt it. Their lodging options are all on the west side of the property, and they seem to like it that way with the announcement of a fourth swanky hotel over there. They passed on buying GardenWalk at least twice in the last five years, after all. They still have dozens of acres of surface parking lots to use even after the new hotel and parking structure go up on the Downtown Disney lots.

They haven't even touched the Simba parking lot and the 1980's Paradise Pier Hotel that will eventually be imploded.

Simba is the red square in this aerial photo. Mr. Trump says it's HUUUUGE!
swland2.jpg~original

Everything east of Harbor is chopped up by random motels and hotels. It's a minor miracle they amassed the property they did for the new structure, and I know from friends in OC real estate circles that Disney had been working for years on that deal. That they had to buy out a 200 room hotel and will soon tear it down to build a skybridge over Harbor tells you just how involved and complicated this plan was.

FerretAfros

I was completely shocked when I saw those construction photos yesterday. After hearing about how the new parking garage was coming "soon" for over a decade, I figured it was all but hopeless. Or I at least assumed there would be a bigger fanfare when it began, rather than hiding it in the middle of an otherwise bland photo update

Hopefully this will help solve a lot of the circulation issues around the resort. It should help, but it's often so bad right now that I fear they're fighting an uphill battle

Phroobar

I would doubt it. Their lodging options are all on the west side of the property, and they seem to like it that way with the announcement of a fourth swanky hotel over there. They passed on buying GardenWalk at least twice in the last five years, after all. They still have dozens of acres of surface parking lots to use even after the new hotel and parking structure go up on the Downtown Disney lots.

They haven't even touched the Simba parking lot and the 1980's Paradise Pier Hotel that will eventually be imploded.

swland2.jpg~original

Everything east of Harbor is chopped up by random motels and hotels. It's a minor miracle they amassed the property they did for the new structure, and I know from friends in OC real estate circles that Disney had been working for years on that deal. That they had to buy out a 200 room hotel and will soon tear it down to build a skybridge over Harbor tells you just how involved and complicated this plan was.
Aaah, Simba. The once home of Star Was land and a huge SW themed hotel acting as a berm for the land. TP2000, Hans and a few others know about that one. Good times.

choco choco

Aaah, Simba. The once home of Star Was land and a huge SW themed hotel acting as a berm for the land. TP2000, Hans and a few others know about that one. Good times.

In lieu of building a third park at the strawberry fields, that was by far the best, smartest plan. TDA's land use in recent years has been very unwise, and they are going to run into problems for future generations (they have essentially closed up Disneyland, for instance). But attitude is a reflection of leadership, and this generation of Disney leaders thinks of nothing but their short-term gain.

NiarrNDisney

swland2.jpg~original

Great Picture really gives a better vantage point to better understand the scope of the area. Paradise Pier was built in the 80's? I thought it was an addition when California Adventure was built! Honestly the mouse needs to over haul that hotel, add more elevators, rooms and other amenities so it has more appeal than a sad pedestrian motel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom