Disneyland Half Marathon

Texas84

Alright Disneyland runners, I have a request - can someone please head to the runDisney booth at the expo and grab a picture of the runDisney medal display? :D Your reward will be...um...my undying gratitude. :D

And please know I'm super jealous of all of you right now. :p

I'm taking my camera this year so I'll try as well. Someone here will do it.

a2grafix

Alright Disneyland runners, I have a request - can someone please head to the runDisney booth at the expo and grab a picture of the runDisney medal display? :D Your reward will be...um...my undying gratitude. :D

And please know I'm super jealous of all of you right now. :p

Yeah, we got you covered.

Texas84

Maybe we can all meet by 4:15 for a meet and greet, group stretching session at the sorcerer's hat near the Disneyland Hotel? Wish everyone a good race and get to our corrals by 4:45am?

I will be wearing a Team RWB red tech shirt. Will likely be wearing Ray Ban sunglasses, you know the sun will rise about an hour into the course.

Look for the red RWB shirt everyone. :) See you Sunday!

Flight leaves at 4PM eastern Thursday (That's 1600 for a2 ;)). Might not sleep tonight.

a2grafix

RunDisney has posted an image of the race bling. Looking forward to going to the Disneyland Half expo later Friday to get better images. Is that a new Wine and Dine medal?

BS7HHrtCQAAqZ_0.jpg:large

a2grafix

My goodness! Official merch check out is a line ride in itself. 2-3 hours to get to check out register. Organized chaos. Bright spot, got to meet Jeff Galloway.

a2grafix

Found out I finished in 2:36.0 clock time and 136th overall in the military division. Not bad for moderate humidity, 70F at 5:30am and running through Disneyland's 2 parks, and through Angels Stadium.

First half of coast to coast challenge in the books. On to November.

Texas84

In Vegas visiting my sister. I took a bad picture of the medals but maybe I can clean it up when I get home next week. I think I passed @a2grafix on the way to the hat. They were already yelling at us to get to the corrals.

The expo was a fiasco but I'm blaming that on everyone, including me, rushing the opening. I heard there was no wait in the afternoon. Took me 90 minutes to get my number and shirts. The merchandise checkout was ridiculous and there was even a long line for New Balance.

10k was a lot of fun. I didn't realize the 5k was right before or I would have done both. Lots of great backstage views including the roundhouse and maintenance shops with ride vehicles displayed. I got to the front of Corral C for the half and managed a 2:18 new PR. I caught up to my buddy who was in A. Another friend finished but had to be taken away in an ambulance. Severe dehydration apparently. They fixed her up and she was in the parks next day. It was hotter than expected. The locals were complaining about the humidity.

Might post a few pictures next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom