Disneyland Half Marathon

Ariel484

Edit: ah good point about C2C, being on the opposite coast I forget it's much more difficult for people to get in their Cali races!! I hope they add a new one here.
I'd be shocked if they didn't add another California race. There is a huge demand for them.
I got my daughter and myself registered for the half! Psyched about that but sure bummed to see the late discount offer for card holders. Too late for me there, also. The speed of the registration is mind blowing. It tool me 25 minutes just to get through/started
Hey, at least you got in! Congrats! :)

Maryssa*

Ahhhh I'm having that temporary jazzed feeling before the sting of the wallet sets in! So excited! I figure, I started my Disney races at this race weekend last year, time to go big this year and see how far I've come!

Banzai

I'd be shocked if they didn't add another California race. There is a huge demand for them.

How could they not do it at this point? This is unbelievable. If I could have registered early for the DDD, I would have but that wasn't offered during the early registration for AP's. I'm sure the high demand is also part of their rationale for jacking up the prices to everything but I think they have really pushed the prices into ridiculous territory.

Ariel484

How could they not do it at this point? This is unbelievable. If I could have registered early for the DDD, I would have but that wasn't offered during the early registration for AP's. I'm sure the high demand is also part of their rationale for jacking up the prices to everything but I think they have really pushed the prices into ridiculous territory.
AGREED...and yet:

UPDATE: At 12:56 ET, the Disneyland 10K is sold out and the Disneyland Half Marathon and 5K are both 50% Full.

I just keep refreshing their Facebook page every 5 minutes or so to watch this unfold. People complain about the prices but clearly they are willing to pay them.

Last edited:

Maryssa*

Yeah they could easily leave the prices as-is even with an additional race. At least a chunk goes to charity? And at least I'm getting reward dollars back for paying with my Disney Visa? #brightsides :oops:

Mad Stitch

:eek: OMG, that's crazy!

Even crazier...

Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend Welcome Event featuring Runner's World.
Thursday, August 28, 2014

5:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.

Kick off your Disneyland® Half Marathon Weekend at the Welcome Event featuring Runner's World. The event will include a Question and Answer session with Runner's World experts as well as early entry into the OfficialrunDisney Merchandise area.

The Welcome Event features:

• Official Welcome from runDisney
  • Question and Answer Session and Dynamic Warm-up with Runner's World Experts
  • Official Welcome to California with a ride on Soarin' Over California
  • One (1) hour early entry into "Official runDisney Merchandise area" on Thursday, August 28, 2014
  • runDisney bag which includes a runDisney tech shirt and a Runner's World Magazine
Cost: 89$

I don't like the early entry into the runDisney merchandise area. Merchandise is already difficult to get, especially at DL, and now they are going to profit off it.

Maryssa*

I don't like the early entry into the runDisney merchandise area. Merchandise is already difficult to get, especially at DL, and now they are going to profit off it.
Very much agree. I wish there was some type of system in place to maybe only let race entrants be let into the official merch area at the expo, or maybe even add more items available for pre-order such as mugs, hats, things that don't require sizing. It sucks to be stressed out about the possibility of not getting fun keepsakes from a race you've done because some greedy people want to sell things on ebay. I guess there's at least the race entry tech shirt.

Sumrdog

Doing the Dumbo! I made the decision two days ago and thank goodness I had the day off today. I knew it would sell out fast but 40 minutes:eek:, I had my browser open already so I got right into the site the minute it opened and then immediately registered my daughter for the 10K right after I got the Dumbo...She is going to be turning 12 the beginning of September and it will be her first real race and we are doing it together!!! And I am getting the Coast to Coast...

I am still stunned at how fast the Dumbo sold out, I am so glad I am so neurotic and type A. I totally missed out on the visa offer too:banghead:, but I am just so excited I got us both registered at all. Woot! Woot!

Ariel484

Still even crazier...this is already at 85% capacity
I just saw that and was like...:arghh: I'm sorry, but people are crazy.
I don't like it either. I wish they'd have a way for people to pre-order stuff (similar to what they do with the Dooney & Bourke bags - you order it online ahead of time and then pick up at the expo). This whole "Welcome Package" really doesn't sit right with me. :depressed:

Sumrdog

I just saw that and was like...:arghh: I'm sorry, but people are crazy.

I don't like it either. I wish they'd have a way for people to pre-order stuff (similar to what they do with the Dooney & Bourke bags - you order it online ahead of time and then pick up at the expo). This whole "Welcome Package" really doesn't sit right with me. :depressed:
I agree. I only pre ordered the pins, because the price of the Dumbo is pretty staggering...I am not very aggressive when it comes to shopping and if I see utter madness and lines wrapping around the room I am not even going to bother going into the official merchandise area at all...It just stresses me out.

Ariel484

Half Marathon: 71% full
10K: Sold Out
Dumbo Double Dare: Sold Out

5K: 61% full
Kids races: Sold Out
Pasta Party: 80% full
Welcome Event: 90% full :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Ariel484

Also...I keep looking at these registration prices. I know I said they can charge what they want and people will pay it, but seriously...$195 for a half marathon. $105 for the 10K Crazy! o_O

JillC LI

@JillC LI The pasta in the park party is $135?? Is that typical? It seems like a lot of money for a pasta buffet.

What is included for that crazy price? If it's just the food, that pasta better be made of gold! Is there a character meet-and-greet or some other form of entertainment? And $115 for kids?!?!

Price aside, after going to one pre-marathon pasta party, I will never do one again unless I know exactly what the menu is. Last time there was little I liked to eat, and I freaked out and left, searching for a local restaurant where I could get just what I wanted. I'd rather make a pre-Disney-race ADR at a restaurant where I know what I will get.

And the hour-early entry for Disney merchandise is really rude. I don't understand why they would skimp on quantity available when they could make more $ and get more sales.

Maryssa*

What is included for that crazy price? If it's just the food, that pasta better be made of gold! Is there a character meet-and-greet or some other form of entertainment? And $115 for kids?!?!

Price aside, after going to one pre-marathon pasta party, I will never do one again unless I know exactly what the menu is. Last time there was little I liked to eat, and I freaked out and left, searching for a local restaurant where I could get just what I wanted. I'd rather make a pre-Disney-race ADR at a restaurant where I know what I will get.

And the hour-early entry for Disney merchandise is really rude. I don't understand why they would skimp on quantity available when they could make more and get more sales.
Especially since they likely turn the MOST of the race profits from merchandise. It's so inexpensive to make (coming from someone that personally worked on parks merchandise). They should undoubtedly be producing more. I hope they don't also now raise the prices of shirts/jackets too.

Ariel484

And the hour-early entry for Disney merchandise is really rude. I don't understand why they would skimp on quantity available when they could make more $ and get more sales.
$135 includes a park ticket. Without the park ticket it's $89. For pasta. STILL insane!!!

The Pasta in the Park Party at the Disneyland® Half Marathon features
  • Buffet Pasta Dinner & Dessert at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree inside Disneyland® Park (with cash bar available)
  • Music and Entertainment
  • Disney Character Meet & Greets
  • Twilight Ticket to Disneyland® Park (w/ticket option only)
  • Reserved Parade viewing on Saturday, August 30, 2014

If you purchase a ticket for the Pasta in the Park Party WITH a theme park ticket, you'll receive a Twilight Ticket to enter the party. This ticket can be used to enter Disneyland® Park for the Pasta in the Park Party anytime after 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 30, 2014. If not used on August 30, 2014 then this ticket will expire on September 6, 2014.

If you already have valid Theme Park admission on Saturday, August 30, 2014 then you should purchase a Pasta in the Park Party WITHOUT a ticket.

Mad Stitch

The Pasta in the Park Party at the Disneyland® Half Marathon features
  • Buffet Pasta Dinner & Dessert at the Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree inside Disneyland® Park (with cash bar available)

Yes, get your carbs and then dehydrate yourself at the bar. :rolleyes:

imagination30

okay its time for a little soap box here .. and I know we have talked about it here before .. , why in the Heck would you want to do dumbo , if its your first running event ... -- , explain to me why ? , I don't understand some people logic im sorry.. , I know we say this everyyear .. why don't the newbies try to out do them self and possibly risk injury. , even the seasoned veteran has flaws and it takes a toll on them.. , I just shake my head reading run Disney fb .. -- the soap box is now open for comments.. -= 3, 2, 1 .. go..

Sumrdog

okay its time for a little soap box here .. and I know we have talked about it here before .. , why in the Heck would you want to do dumbo , if its your first running event ... -- , explain to me why ? , I don't understand some people logic im sorry.. , I know we say this everyyear .. why don't the newbies try to out do them self and possibly risk injury. , even the seasoned veteran has flaws and it takes a toll on them.. , I just shake my head reading run Disney fb .. -- the soap box is now open for comments.. -= 3, 2, 1 .. go..
Ok I am not sure I completely understand your question. I know why I want to do it and I cannot speak for others but I think you will get a ton of different answers.
1) I want a coast to coast medal since I missed Tink this my only option
2) My daughter wants to run the 10k and it's her first Event at this distance she is 11 so I am doing it with her
3) since I have to run the half to get my medal and I am doing the 10k with my daughter...Might as well register for the Dumbo
4) Doing The Dumbo! Is so fun to say
5) A medal with Dumbo...need I say more?
6) an excuse to go to a Disney park I can actually afford to fly too

So I am a not a newbie, I just did the full two weeks ago, I don't think this will be an epic challenge for me, but it should be a moderate one. It allows me to introduce my daughter to a sport I love and I think it's going to be wicked fun!
So that's why, I am Doing The Dumbo...!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom